Total votes: 14

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,760

Re: Let's Talk about Fan Fav Austin Reaves Thread poll #1 

Post#21 » by ROballer » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:09 pm

That_Casual wrote:
ROballer wrote:
That_Casual wrote:65/4 is what i’d be looking at.

He’s a really good player. Reliable. But he’s a #4 on a championship roster. Maybe even a #5.

65/4 I think represents fair value.

It's not how it works.

For the millionth time:

He either signs OUR contract, which can be 4 years/52 mil at most(bird rights issues).

He signs an offer sheet with somebody else. With the Arenas provision, he can sign to 4 years/99 mil. Which we can match because he's restricted.
There are multiple reports from league executives who are saying he will get max offers and even a team(Utah) who has shown interest to offer that.

So it's either 52 or 99. There's no in between's here, 65, 70, 80 and whatnots are not happening so it's not worthing debating this. He's not signing an offer sheet worth less than 99 if he has that deal on the table.

The only thing worth talking is if you guys would be ok with the matching offer at 99. Yes or no?
Forget about what you think he's really worth based on X, Y, Z, it really won't come to that.

Well maybe you should stop saying it for a million times because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

There absolutely is an in between. Teams are NOT obligated to offer him $99m. A team can absolutely offer him more than $52m but way less than $99m.

A team with $17m in cap space for example would be able to offer him around 68/4.

And NOBODY is offering him $99m. I guarantee that. Not a damn team in this league is offering a 25 year old undrafted player who has 3 months of being a starter and #3 or #4 on a team a contract that would see him be paid $37m and $39m in years 3 and 4.

The only guy who doesn't know what he's talking about in multiple threads is you.

Throwing out numbers out of your ass acting like you're anybody around here or in the league.
Nobody gives a **** about what YOU think he's worth, get a grip here. There are knowledgeable guys in the league saying one thing, and here you are trying to act tough and act like you know better.

Of course he'll get multiple offer sheets ranging from various numbers. But unlike your terrible take on this, he'll also get at least a 99 mil offer. You can cry you way to sleep, but it's happening.

And he's not signing the 65 mil offer sheet and not the 99 million one, just because a bozo on a thread thinks he's a 5th option and doesn't deserve more. :)

Nobody is paying 37 and 39 mil in a year btw. Only us would be paying that because it's a poison pill match if we do it. First two years low salary, last two high salary.

If we don't match, the team getting him is paying him the regular deal between 23-27 mil each year of the contract.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#22 » by ROballer » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:15 pm

Duncan Robinson was the same age, also undrafted. And got 90 milly without knowing how to dribble a basketball or defend.

And here's this guy acting like Reaves who is 5 times better has no chance of getting the 99. Get the **** out of here with your garbage takes.

That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#23 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:20 pm

ROballer wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
ROballer wrote:

It's not how it works.

For the millionth time:

He either signs OUR contract, which can be 4 years/52 mil at most(bird rights issues).

He signs an offer sheet with somebody else. With the Arenas provision, he can sign to 4 years/99 mil. Which we can match because he's restricted.
There are multiple reports from league executives who are saying he will get max offers and even a team(Utah) who has shown interest to offer that.

So it's either 52 or 99. There's no in between's here, 65, 70, 80 and whatnots are not happening so it's not worthing debating this. He's not signing an offer sheet worth less than 99 if he has that deal on the table.

The only thing worth talking is if you guys would be ok with the matching offer at 99. Yes or no?
Forget about what you think he's really worth based on X, Y, Z, it really won't come to that.

Well maybe you should stop saying it for a million times because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

There absolutely is an in between. Teams are NOT obligated to offer him $99m. A team can absolutely offer him more than $52m but way less than $99m.

A team with $17m in cap space for example would be able to offer him around 68/4.

And NOBODY is offering him $99m. I guarantee that. Not a damn team in this league is offering a 25 year old undrafted player who has 3 months of being a starter and #3 or #4 on a team a contract that would see him be paid $37m and $39m in years 3 and 4.

The only guy who doesn't know what he's talking about in multiple threads is you.

Throwing out numbers out of your ass acting like you're anybody around here or in the league.
Nobody gives a **** about what YOU think he's worth, get a grip here. There are knowledgeable guys in the league saying one thing, and here you are trying to act tough and act like you know better.

Of course he'll get multiple offer sheets ranging from various numbers. But unlike your terrible take on this, he'll also get at least a 99 mil offer. You can cry you way to sleep, but it's happening.

And he's not signing the 65 mil offer sheet and not the 99 million one, just because a bozo on a thread thinks he's a 5th option and doesn't deserve more. :)

Nobody is paying 37 and 39 mil in a year btw. Only us would be paying that because it's a poison pill match if we do it. First two years low salary, last two high salary.

If we don't match, the team getting him is paying him the regular deal between 23-27 mil each year of the contract.

You’re a clown who thinks he’s know’s what he’s talking about but really is you know nothing you little mouth breathing twerp.

The fact you say he’ll get offers of AT LEAST $99m tells me everything I need to know about your understanding of the situation when that’s literally the damn max he can get you bum.

The fact you think anyone would pay Austin Reaves $25m+ a year when that’s what the likes of Jalen Brunson got in free agency is hilarious.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#24 » by One Love » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:23 pm

Austin Reaves is the PRIORITY & Rui has to be the 2nd PRIORITY for the offseason...
ROballer
General Manager

Post#25 » by ROballer » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:25 pm

That_Casual wrote:
ROballer wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

The fact you say he’ll get offers of AT LEAST $99m tells me everything I need to know about your understanding of the situation when that’s literally the damn max he can get you bum.

The fact you think anyone would pay Austin Reaves $25m+ a year when that’s what the likes of Jalen Brunson got in free agency is hilarious.

He calls me a bum and he can't even read.

At least a 99 million offer.....that's what I said. As in at least ONE, if not MORE 99 million offers. From one team, if not more.

Still not getting it?

Jalen Brunson was a 4 yr man averaging 16/4/5 with worse defense and worse efficiency than Reaves had this year when he got that contract.

Reaves is absolutely on par if not better as a starter than what Brunson was in that contract year.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers