Re: Lakers vs Clippers 4/5 

Post#21 » by Hans1984 » Thu Apr 6, 2023 9:15 am

Pretty pathetic showing all around. :banghead:
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#22 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 6, 2023 9:54 am

They managed to get the deficit all the way down to 7… then Bron shot an airball. Next possession it’s 9 and Bron through the ball straight in to the crowd after Brown decided to cut instead of staying wide open in the corner. At that point I thought, yeah they’ve killed the momentum and will regret those 2 plays.

Then the plan play of the third was so god damn stupid. We have the last shot of the quarter. We have like 20 seconds to make it. And what happens? Dennis the braindead clown Schroder decides despite having AD and LeBron James on the court with him… he’s the guy who should take the last shot and holds the damn ball for 10 seconds before then airballing a freaking 8 footer. The guy is a moron. I despise him. Genuinely. He has one good game and then will proceed to cost you 3. How on earth is he deciding to take the final shot when he has AD and Bron next to him? Sooner he leaves and is replaced by a back up PG who actually can create and has good BBIQ the better.

And to rub salt in the wounds he then proceeded to cost us 3 straight 3s in the space of a minute at the start of the 4th by just standing 10 feet off his open man.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,761

Post#23 » by ROballer » Thu Apr 6, 2023 10:05 am

Well, this pipe dream of #5 is over.

And I'm ok with it. Let the Clippers play the Suns and get their asses kicked. The Suns haven't lost once with Durant in the lineup, the people who said they want to play them in the first round are straight mad.

It's either 6 or #7. Probably #7 and a play-in game at home versus the Pelicans. I can totally live with that.

I'd rather play the Kings but we need #6 to do so. I'm ok with the Grizzlies though, definitely not the Suns/Clippers as we saw.

Grizzlies and Warriors/Kings path >>>>>>>> Suns/Clippers/Nuggets.

Anything can happen in the playoffs down the line, the hard part is advancing the first round.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#24 » by stan francisco » Thu Apr 6, 2023 12:00 pm

I agree ^.

Clippers are a bad matchup for us.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#25 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Apr 6, 2023 2:56 pm

I wish we had just rested AD and LBJ against the Clips.
I think we’ll still be fine but focusing on the Suns and the Jazz would have been my strategy specially coming off an overtime game the night before
Formerly lakerRD
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,249

Post#26 » by Kilroy » Fri Apr 7, 2023 2:16 am

This was a game like we had against, I think the Bucks, leading into the bubble, where we stepped up and showed we could definitively beat anyone...
Sure the Clippers are a bad matchup, and they play us tough but they didn't have PG... But if we can't bean them without PG, despite the matchup and energy, then what the hell are we doing worrying about the playoffs?

IMO, we're cooked. I'm out until they win a 7gm series in the actual playoffs, and then I'll tune in...

I'm really tired of this talented loser team... And I'm waiting for people to stop calling out the supporting cast and realize it's the head not the body letting us down. LeBron and AD are not a championship duo anymore... Not unless you throw top talent at them in support.... So either trade them or move mountains and earth to get another legit Alpha, and legit best in league talent, 1-5...
Dlo, Vanderbilt, Reaves, Brown Jr, is really good, but not good enough to carry the other two bums.

And I wanted to give Ham the benefit of the doubt, but he's just playing to not make mistakes out there... There's nothing special about his approach.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,339

Post#27 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Apr 7, 2023 9:36 pm

Kilroy wrote:This was a game like we had against, I think the Bucks, leading into the bubble, where we stepped up and showed we could definitively beat anyone...
Sure the Clippers are a bad matchup, and they play us tough but they didn't have PG... But if we can't bean them without PG, despite the matchup and energy, then what the hell are we doing worrying about the playoffs?

IMO, we're cooked. I'm out until they win a 7gm series in the actual playoffs, and then I'll tune in...

I'm really tired of this talented loser team... And I'm waiting for people to stop calling out the supporting cast and realize it's the head not the body letting us down. LeBron and AD are not a championship duo anymore... Not unless you throw top talent at them in support.... So either trade them or move mountains and earth to get another legit Alpha, and legit best in league talent, 1-5...
Dlo, Vanderbilt, Reaves, Brown Jr, is really good, but not good enough to carry the other two bums.

And I wanted to give Ham the benefit of the doubt, but he's just playing to not make mistakes out there... There's nothing special about his approach.

I understand that you are very frustrated, so do many other fans like me. This game was very important and if it's just a typical game with very little repercussion then they wouldn't have played it esp after just playing 40 minutes the night before.
But I don't agree that you should compare this game vs the Bucks 3 years ago if you are referring to the March 6 statement game.
That night, they had 2 nights rest as compared to this one where they played a grueling match for 53 minutes on the road.
That game, Lebron was just 35 years old and was not nursing a foot tendon tear compare to couple nights ago.
AD is also 3 years older with now with an assortment of injury issues.
These two bums?
These bums played with the very bad fit Westbrook and beat Denver and Memphis twice, beat the Bucks, Suns etc.
Boston needed 2 OT's to beat them for the 2 games they played. Sixers also needed OT to beat them.
Are they reliable? Do I feel very confident that they will beat many good teams? absolutely not!! AD and James are so fragile, you don't know what you will get from them esp with very limited rest. Also there's the issue of jelling and knowing how to play with 4 other new guys which can lead to turnovers.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#28 » by Ball so hard » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:07 am

Kilroy wrote:This was a game like we had against, I think the Bucks, leading into the bubble, where we stepped up and showed we could definitively beat anyone...

Agree with much of what you said. I’ve been saying for a while now that the championship window for an AD + Lebron lead team is all but shut.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers