29%

Total votes: 7

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,650

Re: Looking back on the Ivaca Zubac trade 2019 - b4 the bubble chip 

Post#21 » by danfantastk32 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:37 pm

heezyo2o wrote:
Dlo probably caused issues in the locker room the season before, but the Nick Young was gone the next season so I don't think it really mattered anymore. Dlo had great chemistry with the young core in Brooklyn, so you either think your young 20 year old lottery pick will mature or at the least get more value when you ship him out.

Even if Dlo was a concern, Magic already had ideas of trading for a star to pair with Lebron anyhow, so they could have thrown Dlo in the AD trade and perhaps kept Ingram

Yes, that is a very good point.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Re: Looking back on the Ivaca Zubac trade 2019 - b4 the bubble chip 

Post#22 » by Landsberger » Sat May 18, 2024 4:49 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:PS: you do bring up a good point with the "different Laker decision makers".

It's not lost on me that this whole thing was built in Magic's short window here. They were a floundering mess when Jeanie had lunch and cried and begged Magic to come help. I know your not a big Magic guy, and I also know that Magic made some dumb decisions too. But it did go from a can of ASS, to the essential structure of this run (yes Davis came 2 months later technically...and I know there is some argument that Lebron had already chose Lakers, etc etc....but even still, it all worked out, all just so happened to get done under him). And since then, it's been a can of Ass all over again. Getting Westbrick was a disaster that killed any hope of another ring.

So you are right about that. This team most definitely needs better leadership if it were to try and make the Star thing happen. But....wouldn't you say the same, doubly so, for a full rebuild? It's my biggest trepidation on this rebuild thing. I think these guys will screw it up big time. I think getting some new minds up in the FO is #1.....no matter what they decide to do.

The rebuild need is top down...

Wait..didnt you hear? We fired our coach! All our problems are solved!

A lot higher than that...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers