ImageImageImageImageImage

Read this and be Amazed

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#21 » by Showtime:Part2 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:00 am

Corvus Crow wrote:if JO has knee problems still and he's not just dogging it, which I doubt vs a team like us he wants to be on, then we might want to stick with Odom. We are running these days and scoring is up. JO looks like he needs an entire year off and he's too expensive for that.

may i politely inquire as to why there is a vlad rad bandwagon, let alone why someone would elect to be in it of their own volition?
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#22 » by That Nicka » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:33 am

Im telling you guys... JO will opt out... Why would he want to be there after this season?? Reggie left.. Artest left... Sjax left... Brad Miller left... Harrington left... Carlisle left... They are under 500... And they dont even use him as their first option anymore... They dont even use him as their 2nd option... They dont even try to maximize his potential on defense OR offense... No way he can be happy in that cold boring city...

Hes going to opt out and demand a sign and trade to the Lakers... The best part is we will be able to get him for closer to his worth 14-15 mil and all we will have to give up is Odom and a pick... Kobe, Andrew and Jermaine will destroy the league next year on their way to the title
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#23 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:02 am

If Indy wants to be a 3 point shooting team

Radmon
Luke
Brown + 1st + 2nd for JO

Move Lo back to the 3 (it isnt his position but LO is a top 50 player)

And add 3 other top 50 players including the best player in the world and the Lakers have enough for a dynasty.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
incontrol__
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#24 » by incontrol__ » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:27 am

If we could get a deal like Odom, Kwame, 1st, CHA's 2nd or rights to Sun Yue for JO, and Foster or Daniels (if they want to dump the extra year on Fosters or Daniels' contract), i'd be all over that.

Indiana isn't going to do anything with this team. They're mediocre. A borderline playoff team.

They'll need to re-sign Granger and Diogu after next season. Odom will allow them to do that, JO would make it very hard.

That Nicka wrote:Im telling you guys... JO will opt out...

He'd lose atleast $15 million. That's alot of money. It's far from a certainty.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#25 » by El Hardee » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:55 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

may i politely inquire as to why there is a vlad rad bandwagon, let alone why someone would elect to be in it of their own volition?
I think it is a joke, kinda like "vote 4 Pedro". Sarcastic humour in the form of a sig.
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#26 » by Joe Kleazy » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:18 pm

Seeing as though we are coming into our own now as wins and chemistry are concerned I think that when moving odom we just need to make sure that the player coming in can hold his own and truley keep us afloat in the WORST CASE SCENERIO.

That scenerio would be ( Knock on wood ) a injury to kobe. Lamar hasn't been that player to me and we for sure dont want to overvalue another player and uderrate our own chemistry within this next two years when keeping kobe around is at stake.

The best example to me this year has been the emergence of caron butler this year in DC with gilbert out of commission( I will leave this alone now). I do think that there are moves to make but still have not come to decide whether we need a large one like moving Odom, or just doing the best we can with kwame's contract.

Seeing as though most of the players we covet either play for a team that won't help us or has a GM that wont either, we are a bit limited and have to work cautiously to avoid working backwards.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#27 » by semi-sentient » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:12 pm

Joe Kleazy wrote:Seeing as though we are coming into our own now as wins and chemistry are concerned I think that when moving odom we just need to make sure that the player coming in can hold his own and truley keep us afloat in the WORST CASE SCENERIO.

That scenerio would be ( Knock on wood ) a injury to kobe. Lamar hasn't been that player to me and we for sure dont want to overvalue another player and uderrate our own chemistry within this next two years when keeping kobe around is at stake.

The best example to me this year has been the emergence of caron butler this year in DC with gilbert out of commission( I will leave this alone now). I do think that there are moves to make but still have not come to decide whether we need a large one like moving Odom, or just doing the best we can with kwame's contract.

Seeing as though most of the players we covet either play for a team that won't help us or has a GM that wont either, we are a bit limited and have to work cautiously to avoid working backwards.

^^^ Which is why I'd like to bring in JO and Haslem through a 3-way. If Kobe goes out, JO can be our 1st option. He's more than capable of doing that. Having Haslem provides a very nice backup in the event that JO goes down. As long as both JO and Kobe aren't out at the same time, I think we can sustain a high level of play.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#28 » by Tommy Trojan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:16 pm

El Hardee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think it is a joke, kinda like "vote 4 Pedro". Sarcastic humour in the form of a sig.

:rofl:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers