15.  Minnesota 19.0

Cheers. :beer: — Mags
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#282 » by semi-sentient » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:57 am

^^^ We're 5th since Dallas won.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#283 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:00 am

cant I live in the 4th for a few minutes?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#284 » by Dexmor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 am

Yes we are but we are improving. Everyplayer is getting better and if a trade happens we are the best. Plus when playoff time comes we have the best player in league history with a top Center a pf who steps up playoff time good sf play and deep pg's with Phil Jackson and a great bench.
Bill Walton Kobe hater #1 said Lakers are the second best team in the West (which means first) these anaylist have no balls and never say what they feel they say what happened in the past until it changes.
The only team that scares me is the Celtics and like I said before if we get another star we are better then them and with Kwame's contract a young pg alot of teams would want plus a glue guy like Walton and picks we can swing a deal.
Imagine Kobe wants to be traded and then they win it all.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#285 » by semi-sentient » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:cant I live in the 4th for a few minutes?

lol... I know how you feel. I was looking at the ESPN rankings by conference (Lakers were 3rd right after the win), then refreshed the page and they dropped to 5th since Dallas won. :(
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,359

Post#286 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:07 am

J Rob wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm just enjoying 14 wins in 17 games.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I quit caring about scoring titles, MVPs and All-Star berths about 15 years ago.

Give me the Ws and the rings and everybody else can keep the rest.
Arroyo30
Junior
And1: 0

Post#287 » by Arroyo30 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:09 am

Tesla wrote:Very very impressive.

We are playing team basketball, and although Kobe is in a shooting funk, he is doing everything else everyone has been asking of him the past few years, trust his teammates, and lead us on the defensive end.

Kobe was 8 out of 16 from the field tonight so he wasn't that bad. he is also finding his teammates and playing an all around game as only he can do it.
The Lakeshow baby!
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,359

Post#288 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:12 am

First you want to hire Isaiah if he gets fired ( :o ), then you're going to write off the four-time champion Spurs, who are still right at the top of the standings despite dealing with injuries to their top three players.

I have to hand it to you, Star -- you definitely get better with age.
Arroyo30
Junior

Post#289 » by Arroyo30 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:12 am

star24 wrote:Yes we are but we are improving. Everyplayer is getting better and if a trade happens we are the best. Plus when playoff time comes we have the best player in league history with a top Center a pf who steps up playoff time good sf play and deep pg's with Phil Jackson and a great bench.
Bill Walton Kobe hater #1 said Lakers are the second best team in the West (which means first) these anaylist have no balls and never say what they feel they say what happened in the past until it changes.
The only team that scares me is the Celtics and like I said before if we get another star we are better then them and with Kwame's contract a young pg alot of teams would want plus a glue guy like Walton and picks we can swing a deal.
Imagine Kobe wants to be traded and then they win it all.

That would be just incredible, maybe one of the greatest NBA stories of all time.
The Lakeshow baby!
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Post#290 » by Desiderium » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:15 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Truer words have never been spoken.

I quit caring about scoring titles, MVPs and All-Star berths about 15 years ago.

Give me the Ws and the rings and everybody else can keep the rest.

i think kobe has a better chance of winning mvp this year than he did last year since his team is winning games
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#291 » by RJM » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:26 am

Arroyo30 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That would be just incredible, maybe one of the greatest NBA stories of all time.

PLEASE HAPPEN!!
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#292 » by Tommy Trojan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:48 am

Iceburg Slim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

PLEASE HAPPEN!!

:nod:
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#293 » by Kobay » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:48 am

Wheres B-scott
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#294 » by Tommy Trojan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:51 am

Kobay wrote:Wheres B-scott

His probably home getting drunk after this win.

:lol:
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#295 » by B-Scott » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:04 am

Great win. Im shocked at how good we are right now. We are blowing teams out the building on a regular basis now. I can't believe how good this team is now.

Bynum did a great job creating his own shot from the post which Kurt Rambis pointed out as one of his weaknesses.

Kobe - Im liking how Kobe is recognizing the hot hand and feeding him. Jordan Farmar knocked down a couple of jumpers and Kobe made sure Farmar got that next shot attempt. He is doing he same with Fisher and Bynum when they get rolling.

Lamar - Handling the boards along with Bynum

Ariza - Our poor man's Ron Artest. He isnt the offensive beast that Artest is,but he's capable of being just as good a defender. He just makes things happen on the defensive end.

Farmar - He must have been taking 1500 jumpers last summer, because that jumper is automatic now. It makes him a lot more difficult to guard now, because he can blow right by you if you play to close on him.

D-Fish - Before the season,i thought it was a very good signing to bring him back,but i had no idea he would be playing this well. Who does this guy think he is, Byron Scott. That jumper is money and Kobe is finding him.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#296 » by SashAlex » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 am

That's sweet ! Yupee !
Lakeshow2008
Sophomore

Post#297 » by Lakeshow2008 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:48 am

LAL4Life wrote:Kwame's looked really good recently: moving well, his offensive game has been much better, defense is still solid, His stroke, both on those mid-range J's he's been shooting and from the stripe, has looked better also.

Kwame has so much talent its ridiculous. Kurt rambis recently said that Kwame Brown is the fastest 7 footer he has ever seen. Thats quite a compliment. He admitted however, Kwames problem is confidence.

His negative stint in washington really did a number on his confidence. I love Jordan, and he is my idol, but playing alongside him must have been brutal and dealing with all the early criticism when Kwame came into the league must have been rough.

Lets not forget, Kwame came straight outta high school like "drew".

I believe that if Kwame can regain his confidence, he can be a consistent 12 5 5 guy. These numbers dont look like much, but where Kwame really is valuable is his D.

I wish we could play the celtics in one month without the short shorts and with Kwame on KG after having time to get back into some playing game shape.

Anyhow, I am keeping myself level headed. We are a good team. Let us not forget however:

We have miles to go before we are finished- Robert Frost

What I love most about are victories lately is that WE ARE SMASHING our opponents. No mercy!
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,525

Post#298 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:04 am

good win!
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Day in the Life
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#299 » by Day in the Life » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:43 am

I'm soooooooooooooooooo glad Sasha and Vlad are pretty much in zero playtime land.

Our rotations are just solid with Farmar, J-Critt, Ariza, Ronny, and Kwame off the bench. It's truly showed...blowing how many teams in a row? The chemistry is just THERE. God, I want to play the Celtics again.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#300 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:43 pm

Come on Lakers!

Another win and we are now fourth in our conference!
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users

Return to Los Angeles Lakers