ImageImageImageImageImage

ATTENTION BRON/AD/HAM TRAP GAME (THIS IS "GAME 7")

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Re: ATTENTION BRON/AD/HAM TRAP GAME (THIS IS "GAME 7") 

Post#41 » by sonnyhill » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:27 pm

TylersLakers wrote:The rotation for Game 6 shouldn’t be difficult:

Starters:

Schroder, Reaves, LeBron, Rui, AD
Off bench: Russell, Vando, Gabriel

Reason: we need spacing. JJJ isn’t guarding Vanderbilt.

With Vando out of the starting lineup, I’d have Schroder in there. He’s our best perimeter player at getting through screens. Have him defend Bane. Bane’s ability to come off screens and hit mid-range shots and floaters is killing us.

- Reaves guards Ja
- Schroder guards Bane
- AD guards Tillman
- LeBron “guards” Brooks (free safety)
- Rui guards JJJ

AD needs to play 40-42 minutes. Play him the entire first quarter. Give him 3-4 minutes rest to start the second quarter.

I’d get LeBron out of the game around the 5-6 minute mark of the first. Give him a rest until after the TV timeout around 4 minutes. Bring him back. Play him to finish the first quarter. Start him in the second quarter with D-Lo, Reaves, Vanderbilt, Gabriel. Once AD comes back in, take LeBron out. Sit LeBron for 2-3 minutes, bring him back in for the final 5-6 minutes of the 1st half.

It’s a very similar rotation that we had in the bubble deep in the playoffs. LeBron will play 38-40 minutes. AD will play 40-42 minutes. Reaves might have to play 40 minutes. Rui needs to play 35 minutes. Vanderbilt will play 15-20 minutes. Schroder will play 20-25 minutes, potentially more if D-Lo doesn’t have it and he needs to close. D-Lo 25-30 minutes. Gabriel 8 minutes with all-out effort and energy when AD is out of the game.

Good post!

Question, with his quickness and ability to move through and over screens, why would you not have Schroder guarding Ja Morant?
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#42 » by Ball so hard » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:58 pm

sonnyhill wrote:

Starters:

With Vando out of the starting lineup, I’d have Schroder in there. He’s our best perimeter player at getting through screens. Have him defend Bane. Bane’s ability to come off screens and hit mid-range shots and floaters is killing us.

- Reaves guards Ja
- Schroder guards Bane
- AD guards Tillman
- Rui guards JJJ

AD needs to play 40-42 minutes. Play him the entire first quarter. Give him 3-4 minutes rest to start the second quarter.

I’d get LeBron out of the game around the 5-6 minute mark of the first. Give him a rest until after the TV timeout around 4 minutes. Bring him back. Play him to finish the first quarter. Start him in the second quarter with D-Lo, Reaves, Vanderbilt, Gabriel. Once AD comes back in, take LeBron out. Sit LeBron for 2-3 minutes, bring him back in for the final 5-6 minutes of the 1st half.

It’s a very similar rotation that we had in the bubble deep in the playoffs. LeBron will play 38-40 minutes. AD will play 40-42 minutes. Reaves might have to play 40 minutes. Rui needs to play 35 minutes. Vanderbilt will play 15-20 minutes. Schroder will play 20-25 minutes, potentially more if D-Lo doesn’t have it and he needs to close. D-Lo 25-30 minutes. Gabriel 8 minutes with all-out effort and energy when AD is out of the game.

Good post!

Question, with his quickness and ability to move through and over screens, why would you not have Schroder guarding Ja Morant?

While being one of our better players on defense, Schröder lacks the size and athleticism to effectively guard Ja. Ja simply leaps and score over Schröder with very little effort.

I disagree with Ty on the starting unit. I think Vanderbilt must start. I’d move Dlo to the bench in favor of Brown… it’s not like we’ll miss brick laying Russ’s shooting. I think we need as much size on the court as possible.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#43 » by TylersLakers » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:52 pm

sonnyhill wrote:

Starters:

- Reaves guards Ja
- Schroder guards Bane
- AD guards Tillman
- Rui guards JJJ

Good post!

Schroders ability to snake around screens, lock and trail is elite. I’d rather have him guarding Bane. Bane is coming off screens like a mad man the last few games.

As far as Ja, he’s just too small for Ja. Reaves has a little more size and for what the scheme wants from the Ja defender, Reaves can totally handle it. We’ve usually been going over the top of the screens set for Ja, applying back pressure and forcing him into AD. Reaves can do that and he’s also smart enough to know when to go under. We have to mix it up against Ja and I think AR is better suited for that.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers