ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers offseason 2023

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

zuju
Senior
And1: 127

Re: Lakers offseason 2023 

Post#481 » by zuju » Tue Jul 4, 2023 9:07 am

Max Christie vs Loonie Walker (Better defensively but no competition to Loonie in terms of scoring)
Anthony Davis vs Anthony Davis (Same barring injuries)
Rui Hachimura vs Rui Hachimura (Same or a little improvement ?)
Jaxson Hayes vs Mo Bamba (A least Hayes is healthy to play and provide 10-15 quality minutes?)
Jalen Hood-Schifino vs Shaquille Harrison (3rd string pg, wouldn't see much minutes anyway unless JHS shows promise from the get go)
LeBron James vs LeBron James (Declined further but healthier)
Maxwell Lewis vs Max Christie (Non factor at the bench)
Taurean Prince vs Wenyen Gabriel (Less toughness/ rebound/ protection in the paint, much better 3 point shooting)
Austin Reaves vs Austin Reaves (Same or a little improvement ?)
Cam Reddish vs Troy Brown Jr. (Don't know what to expect from Cam :lol:, less of a 3 point shooter than Brown )
D'Angelo Russell vs D'Angelo Russell (Expect the same Dlo)
Jarred Vanderbilt vs Jarred Vanderbilt (Same or a little improvement ?)
Gabe Vincent vs Dennis Schröder (Very Debatable)

Who vs Tristan Thompson
Who vs Malik Beasley

Do you think the lakers is better on paper this season or worse ?

This squad is full of young legs. They need a vet to lead as a mentor off court and in the locker room. Plumlee gone (Clipper is lowkey having a very good offseason). My target would be TT, K.Love or Mcgee. I wanted a Eric Gordon or Loonie Walker IV back for the 15th spot before as the microwave scorer role. Both of them are gone. I will keep the spot open for the right guy later, maybe a Christian Wood at the Thomas Bryant role last season to fill AD's role when he is out.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#482 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue Jul 4, 2023 9:15 am

heezyo2o wrote:So who likely takes most of the minutes/shots that went to Lonnie/Beasley

PG D’Lo (20-25) / Vincent (15-20) / JHS (0-10)
SG Reaves (30+) / D’Lo (5-10) / Vincent (5-10) /Christie (0-10)/Reddish (??)
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#483 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jul 4, 2023 1:07 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:do you think that we can get JJ and jovic (from Miami) for vando?

if we have to add D'Angelo for Duncan ... I'm down

I think we are going to regret not drafting. JJ instead
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#484 » by Ball so hard » Wed Jul 5, 2023 12:14 am

Beasley signed for the vet min… would Beasley not have been a better option than Reddish? Still can’t believe we signed this guy on day 1 lol

I feel like after the first month or so we’ll all be screaming where the **** is our shooting.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 480

Post#485 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Jul 5, 2023 1:37 am

Is Bol Bol waived by the Magic? If so, I think we should sign him. He could start as C against teams with big Cs and could be a good mabtch up against Wemby.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#486 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Jul 5, 2023 3:57 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:Is Bol Bol waived by the Magic? If so, I think we should sign him. He could start as C against teams with big Cs and could be a good mabtch up against Wemby.

So Bol Bol was really waived. Let's go sign him.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#487 » by DanishLakerFan » Wed Jul 5, 2023 6:29 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:Is Bol Bol waived by the Magic? If so, I think we should sign him. He could start as C against teams with big Cs and could be a good mabtch up against Wemby.

Is Bamba still unsigned?
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#488 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Wed Jul 5, 2023 9:45 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:do you think that we can get JJ and jovic (from Miami) for vando?

if we have to add D'Angelo for Duncan ... I'm down

I think we are going to regret not drafting. JJ instead

I love Jacquez a ton, would love to have him, but let’s not forget he’s like 2 and a half years older than JHS. That’s huge at this stage in their careers. JHS will be a different player himself after two years of Phil Handy.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,276

Post#489 » by heezyo2o » Wed Jul 5, 2023 10:29 pm

Have to wonder if Beasley wanted to sign here because for under $3 million, it doesn't make sense that the Lakers wouldn't keep him at that price. And Lonnie signed for $6.5 million. Would have expected the Lakers to keep one of them at those numbers.

No scorers or real 3 point threats off the bench.

I do think Lonnie can get more consistent minutes with the Nets and put up some nice numbers to get a bigger contract the season after. Maybe Beasley was thinking the same thing
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#490 » by wco81 » Wed Jul 5, 2023 11:47 pm

heezyo2o wrote:Have to wonder if Beasley wanted to sign here because for under $3 million, it doesn't make sense that the Lakers wouldn't keep him at that price. And Lonnie signed for $6.5 million. Would have expected the Lakers to keep one of them at those numbers.

I do think Lonnie can get more consistent minutes with the Nets and put up some nice numbers to get a bigger contract the season after. Maybe Beasley was thinking the same thing

When a team declines a team option, those players generally don't re-sign with that team for a minimum deal.

I can't think of an example.

It's like your employer telling you they will lay you off because you make too much but if you want, we will re-hire you to do the same job at a much lower salary.

Well you're going to try to get a higher salary than what the employer said they'd pay you. But even if you do have to take the much lower salary, you're not going to work for the same employer.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#491 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Jul 6, 2023 1:53 am

DanishLakerFan wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Is Bamba still unsigned?

Sixers signed Mo. So I think we need to sign Bol. Would be a good project to have a player with almost similar skillset with the likes of Chet and Victor. Would be a good match up for them in the future just in case they all become really great players in the future.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,206

Post#492 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jul 6, 2023 4:37 am

This what I've been saying about Size. We've got AD. After AD Jaxson Hayes. We all knowAD ain't lasting the whole season. Meaning we will be goin into this with an untested gun, when AD inevitably goes down. Now if you have strong faith that hayes is all we need, fine. If not?
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 664

Post#493 » by PedroFlu » Thu Jul 6, 2023 5:05 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:This what I've been saying about Size. We've got AD. After AD Jaxson Hayes. We all knowAD ain't lasting the whole season. Meaning we will be goin into this with an untested gun, when AD inevitably goes down. Now if you have strong faith that hayes is all we need, fine. If not?

Yep, this doesn't make a lot of sense. They are betting high on a project to replace AD when needed - that's the most sensitive question in the entire roster.

This tells me they'll simply keep relying and believeing in small ball and forwards playing as centers when AD is resting or unavabilable. That's what Ham does, and always did. Stubborn af.
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 664

Post#494 » by PedroFlu » Thu Jul 6, 2023 5:08 pm

heezyo2o wrote:Have to wonder if Beasley wanted to sign here because for under $3 million, it doesn't make sense that the Lakers wouldn't keep him at that price. And Lonnie signed for $6.5 million. Would have expected the Lakers to keep one of them at those numbers.

Agreed, they'll lack heavily a shot creating/making bench guy. Ham will have to do a much better job making sure DLO or Reaves are always in game. Don't trust him to do it though.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,389

Post#495 » by Colbinii » Thu Jul 6, 2023 5:20 pm

zuju wrote:Max Christie vs Loonie Walker (Better defensively but no competition to Loonie in terms of scoring)
Jaxson Hayes vs Mo Bamba (A least Hayes is healthy to play and provide 10-15 quality minutes?)
Jalen Hood-Schifino vs Shaquille Harrison (3rd string pg, wouldn't see much minutes anyway unless JHS shows promise from the get go)
Taurean Prince vs Wenyen Gabriel (Less toughness/ rebound/ protection in the paint, much better 3 point shooting)
Cam Reddish vs Troy Brown Jr. (Don't know what to expect from Cam :lol:, less of a 3 point shooter than Brown )

Who vs Tristan Thompson
Who vs Malik Beasley

As highlighted above, those are the players who I think will be better to varying degrees.

Christie has potential to be useful throughout an entire series, rather than an entire quarter.
I would hope for a healthy AD this season.
Rui was phenomenal in the post-season scoring [similar to 2020 AD, unsustainable] but has shown the tools to grow defensively.
Don't expect much from Hayes, and much is more than what Bamba provided.
This is the first team LeBron has stayed with for 5-straight seasons since 2008 LeBron James :o
Skip Lewis/Christie
Prince doesn't have the overlap with Vanderbilt which Gabriel had
Reaves is the best player here :wink:
I don't have hopes for Reddish
LA got the annual "Dlo hot stretch". Expect lower numbers over the course of the regular season, but maybe he starts to care about winning a championship at all costs for the first time in his career.
Vincent is a modern day Mario Chalmers.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#496 » by Danny Darko » Thu Jul 6, 2023 6:04 pm

with Mo off the table we are down to Dwight, Robin Lopez, Woods, and Bol.

Bol is cool because of potential and he did have decent numbers last year including blocks, but we still lack anyone at all with man strength in the post right now.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,276

Post#497 » by heezyo2o » Thu Jul 6, 2023 7:28 pm

Unless the Lakers are trying to develop Bol for the future, I'd rather look for someone who can put in dependable minutes right now over a guy who has potential, but is a project.

With the Magic, Bol didn't play when Bamba was healthy. And look how much Ham played Bamba
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#498 » by mighty_duck » Thu Jul 6, 2023 10:33 pm

Danny Darko wrote:with Mo off the table we are down to Dwight, Robin Lopez, Woods, and Bol.

Robin Lopez signed with the Bucks.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#499 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Jul 7, 2023 12:15 am

Woods would be great but I think Bol is the more realistic C that we could have. If we don't sign him then I guess I'll be seeing Bron and Rui playing C when AD goes down.
zuju
Senior
And1: 127

Post#500 » by zuju » Fri Jul 7, 2023 1:57 am

Colbinii wrote:
zuju wrote:Max Christie vs Loonie Walker (Better defensively but no competition to Loonie in terms of scoring)

Who vs Tristan Thompson
Who vs Malik Beasley

As highlighted above, those are the players who I think will be better to varying degrees.

Christie has potential to be useful throughout an entire series, rather than an entire quarter.
I would hope for a healthy AD this season.
Rui was phenomenal in the post-season scoring [similar to 2020 AD, unsustainable] but has shown the tools to grow defensively.
Don't expect much from Hayes, and much is more than what Bamba provided.
This is the first team LeBron has stayed with for 5-straight seasons since 2008 LeBron James :o
Skip Lewis/Christie
Prince doesn't have the overlap with Vanderbilt which Gabriel had
Reaves is the best player here :wink:
I don't have hopes for Reddish
LA got the annual "Dlo hot stretch". Expect lower numbers over the course of the regular season, but maybe he starts to care about winning a championship at all costs for the first time in his career.
Vincent is a modern day Mario Chalmers.

Hopefully Christie can enter into roatation and contribute. He plays well in the summer league. Played within his role and flow with nice defence. He may not be a dpark off bench though without the aggressiveness to score.

Prince cannot be that small ball 5 Gabriel was for us. I think Vando will be our part time small ball 5. Not a good take for me. Prince will give us another 3&D against the bigger teams which is much needed.

Rui cooled down a bit against thr dubs and in WCF. Maybe he can keep that productivity?

If Ham learned to preserve AD and LBJ for healthy postseason, they shall at least make noise in the playoff or even contend for the title.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers