Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Re: MEM @ LAL — Game 4 

Post#61 » by Freighttrain » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:19 am

Crooked-I wrote:
JVL wrote:
Crooked-I wrote:Sorry to say, but Lebron looks washed this game. Literally a non factor.

22/20/7 with 1 turnover and 2 blocks. You Lebron haters are getting delusional.

So criticizing Lebron makes me a hater. Got it.

Saying washed is a heat of the moment thing, but a dumb statement nonetheless, knowing he's not 100% with his foot injury and performing the way he did. He was the best player on the court at age 38.

OT: massive win. Close-out game is going to be the hardest, especially in a hostile environment. I hope they can get enough rest or just play on adrenaline and hope the sac-gsw series goes 7 so they all can get enough rest.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,060

Post#62 » by SweetTouch » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:50 am

Damn old as lbj said f it he might dunk on me but I have to sacrifice my body

That’s what shows me how much you want to win
Stop being so disrespectful.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#63 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:53 pm

So did Dlo prove you wrong last night? I saw y’all’s posts on page 2 and 3.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#64 » by Crooked-I » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:48 pm

Freighttrain wrote:
Crooked-I wrote:
JVL wrote:
22/20/7 with 1 turnover and 2 blocks. You Lebron haters are getting delusional.

Saying washed is a heat of the moment thing, but a dumb statement nonetheless, knowing he's not 100% with his foot injury and performing the way he did. He was the best player on the court at age 38.

OT: massive win. Close-out game is going to be the hardest, especially in a hostile environment. I hope they can get enough rest or just play on adrenaline and hope the sac-gsw series goes 7 so they all can get enough rest.

I think people are just over sensitive when it comes to Lebron. This is a laker game thread on the laker board. Criticism of him doesn't make me anyone a hater, just calling out that hes playing like ass in that moment. Which he was.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Crooked-I
General Manager

Post#65 » by Crooked-I » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:53 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:So did Dlo prove you wrong last night? I saw y’all’s posts on page 2 and 3.

He proved me wrong. I thought he was playing scared this whole playoffs. But he came through when we needed him most. I think Ham is playing him a lot of minutes because he thinks this team ain't winning no chip unless we get the good version of D'lo, not the **** version. Only way is for him to get more minutes so he can get used to playoff intensity. I think the question is if we're better off with Schroeder getting those minutes and Reaves taking D'lo's role as the PnR playmaker guy.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,248

Post#66 » by Kilroy » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:01 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:So did Dlo prove you wrong last night? I saw y’all’s posts on page 2 and 3.

Not really... He hit 3 great shots, but he was hesitant and bricked a bunch of other ones, including at least 2 with no one in the zip code, and then after he hit the 3 he bricked another 2 or 3...
That and we couldn't allow him to guard either Bane or Ja...

He has his moments, but if my choice is between giving him what he wants this summer, and giving Rui, Reaves, and Vande what they want... The decision is pretty simple for me.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#67 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:22 pm

Kilroy wrote:

Not really... He hit 3 great shots, but he was hesitant and bricked a bunch of other ones, including at least 2 with no one in the zip code, and then after he hit the 3 he bricked another 2 or 3...

He has his moments, but if my choice is between giving him what he wants this summer, and giving Rui, Reaves, and Vande what they want... The decision is pretty simple for me.

Hey hop over the around the NBA thread, I’m asking a hypothetical question and would like your take on it.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,649

Post#68 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:27 pm

Kilroy wrote:

Yeah seriously. He hit 3 huge shots for us. Taking nothing away from that. They were massive. Possibly game saving. But after that?? He was a -16 on the floor. fouled out, defense was poor, and gave us little else to cheer about. You take three shots away from him, and he's prob coming off the bench next game.

BUT.........All anyone will remember are the 3 huge shots. His ego will only remember those 3 shots. That's good for him, and we do need him to contribute. Plus, that will hopefully leave a nice memory for other teams come S&T time!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,649

Post#69 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:38 pm

Possibly posted already, but if you told me we were gonna get 34 from our duo, I woulda shut off the TV, and gotten ready for game 5. What a huge step up from "the guys"! Amazing. I still think we're a mediocre team at best, but I'm starting to crack a little. AD is a bum, but the squad did something I would never have thought possible. So maybe I'm wrong..

Dare I say AR is blossoming into a star before our very eyes? He's doing this in the playoffs! This team is actually fun to watch. Haven't fealt that way very often in about a dozen years. I dont want this to end. Not because of I want a title run....but because it's so nice to enjoy the Lakers again.

AD....your a scrub. Yeah I said it. Takin' max $$$ and then playing like this! If you actually showed up, this team MIGHT (big might) actually do something stupid crazy. But I guess you can't be counted on. smh
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,360

Post#70 » by Jedi32 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:04 pm

Good team win. Of course there's some things we need to clean up, but I was satisfied.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,060

Post#71 » by SweetTouch » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:20 pm

The thing about Dlo is for someone who wants to show how confident he is out there, the lack of confidence shows.

I want to see him play mad.

AR,, idk what to say about this dude. Impressive
Stop being so disrespectful.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,334

Post#72 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:32 pm

Crooked-I wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:
Crooked-I wrote:

I think people are just over sensitive when it comes to Lebron. This is a laker game thread on the laker board. Criticism of him doesn't make me anyone a hater, just calling out that hes playing like ass in that moment. Which he was.

Don’t get me wrong, I hated Lebron when he was in Miami and Cleveland but some are just being haters here, suggesting he’s not working hard enough like the Twolves game.
A few are even blaming him for the struggles of AD offensively that he’s not setting him enough smh.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#73 » by Ball so hard » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:04 pm

No. Hitting a few timely shots do not erase all the other times in which he’s been useless on the court.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#74 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:43 pm

Dlo, just doesn't raise his level to playoff intensity. Weve seen it before, Kobe, Magic, Shaq many of our past players have said, when you get into the playoffs, it is another level of basketball. Higher level of intensity and urgency from the regular season.
And Dlo is just not in it for any part of his game, not rebounding, not defense, assisting, just 1 thing. Shooting
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#75 » by Showtime:Part2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:02 pm

Hell no, all he proved is that he blows ass chunks. We were only in a deficit because of him and his multitude of blown defensive assignments and bad shot selection (shot jacking contested jumpers 3 seconds into a fresh shot clock seems to be his favorite). Not to mention he gave up like 2 and1s and a clear path foul
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#76 » by TylersLakers » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:12 pm

LeBron made me eat words. I thought he wasn't capable anymore of getting to the basket unless it was created through an advantage (off-ball, post ups, etc). When we needed it the most, he beat Tillman and Brooks off the dribble and scored at the rim. Absolutely massive.

FINISH THIS IN GAME 5!!!!!
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#77 » by TylersLakers » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:33 pm

Another thing: Stop forcing the ball into AD.

They had 2-3 dudes on him all night. AD had 0 points in the 2nd quarter. Maybe a couple free throws. But they brought him back in the game and immediately started trying to force feed him. We had such a great offensive rhythm just playing team basketball and spreading the ball around.

If you just spread the ball around, AD's touches and opportunities will come.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#78 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:48 pm

True about AD. But we gotta give credit to grizz. These dudes have a defensive system that totally clogs the middle, that I don't think anyone else employs. Which is why theyve got a guy in the middle with high defensive accolades in Jackson. And still, we are still ramming it thru.
Meaning, if we get by these dudes, we are going to kill the middle of defenses in Future playoff games. Because none of em are as tough in the middle like the grizzlies
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#79 » by Ball so hard » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:44 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Dlo, just doesn't raise his level to playoff intensity. Weve seen it before, Kobe, Magic, Shaq many of our past players have said, when you get into the playoffs, it is another level of basketball. Higher level of intensity and urgency from the regular season.
And Dlo is just not in it for any part of his game, not rebounding, not defense, assisting, just 1 thing. Shooting

The one thing he’s doing well is shooting?
Crooked-I
General Manager

Post#80 » by Crooked-I » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:46 pm

I have tickets for game 6 is it wrong of me to hope we lose game 5 lol.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi

Return to Los Angeles Lakers