ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 6: Grizzlies @ Lakers, Friday, 9:30 CST, 7:30 PST

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Re: Game 6: Grizzlies @ Lakers, Friday, 9:30 CST, 7:30 PST 

Post#61 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:39 am

This beat down couldn’t have happened onto a more deserving team.
Love how our team played. Our D was active. AD and Vando set the defensive tone.
We were hungry.
We took it to them from the get go.

Frickin love our team!
Formerly lakerRD
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 479

Post#62 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:22 am

I love the look on Brook's face. He saw the 40 point that he was looking for, only in a different manner.

Sent from my CPH1937 using RealGM mobile app
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,385

Post#63 » by xinxin » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:05 am

Best lakers game since the bubble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,649

Post#64 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:41 pm

On to the next series. Great job from our boys. Playing really good ball, and not letting the moment get too big for them. Love that. AD showed up twice in a row! Will need more of that, if we wanna continue on.

Don't really care who we play next. It's all house $$$ now, as far as I'm concerned. And if we play our D, and we get contributions from both AD and Lebron, then I think we got a good shot against anyone.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#65 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:27 pm

JVL wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
JVL wrote:It’s over.

Let’s not start sucking each others prick just yet

Don’t project your fetishes on other people. You can keep it to yourself.

Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,334

Post#66 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:37 pm

Are we really not going to give any credit to Ham for this victory? Not saying the players didn’t play great but…
Minutes allocation for the core was really good imo.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#67 » by stan francisco » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:56 pm

This is by far the best game I’ve seen the Lakers play since The Kobe / Gasol era.

Holding the Grizz to 85 points in this era of basketball is an impressive feat.

AD was a defensive beast yesterday. Bill Russell levels of intensity. Maybe the best big man defense I’ve seen in a Laker uniform.

LeBron was incredible and so was Reaves. Hell, I even saw D Lo running through a screen!

Coach Ham, kudos for managing the season as a marathon!!! If we’re about to start peaking now, you timed it perfectly.

Hoping that Harrison, Walker and Christie get some time in the next series as I expect Kerr and Brown both to go at D Lo on every offensive possession. Foul trouble will bench him. We need better perimeter defense. Harrison has the right idea. D Lo should run our second unit as a PG/SG combo.

Lakers vs Knicks would be a great matchup for us.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#68 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:58 pm

Dlo I apologize I wasn’t really familiar with your game
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
General Manager

Post#69 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:02 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:Are we really not going to give any credit to Ham for this victory? Not saying the players didn’t play great but…
Minutes allocation for the core was really good imo.

Only took 5 games for him to see what we all saw in the play in lol. Shocking what happens when u call timeouts to stop runs, don’t play Beasley and tbj, and ride the hot hand bw dlo and Schroeder. Oh also, not playing lebron at center when ad is out and going w wenyen there was huge (which again, not having LBJ at center against the best team at points in the paint is obvious to most of us). I can’t congratulate someone for being paid to figure out something we all did long ago. Imagine if you corrected your doctor on a diagnosis and he was like oh ur right. Would u be like congrats lol
Warspite:

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#70 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:56 pm

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Beethoven wrote::rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

We going to see the queens, boys.
I honestly prefer the Warriors than the Kings. I'd rather have AD against Looney than Sabonis.

Wasn’t there some sort of Rivalry between DLow and Fox that never materialized cause every time the Lakers played the Kings one of the was injured? Or am I thinking of another 2 pick in the draft.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
General Manager

Post#71 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:11 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Beethoven wrote::rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

We going to see the queens, boys.
I honestly prefer the Warriors than the Kings. I'd rather have AD against Looney than Sabonis.

Wasn’t there some sort of Rivalry between DLow and Fox that never materialized cause every time the Lakers played the Kings one of the was injured? Or am I thinking of another 2 pick in the draft.

Lonzo
Warspite:

Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#72 » by Crooked-I » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:52 pm

Was at the game last night and man the arena was rockin. They gave us these light up sticks and were playing techno music mixed with some west coast classics it felt like a big party.

D'lo really came through last night, his pick n roll game at the beginning really got him into a good rhythm. He needs to keep that up and not settle for jumpers all the time. Not sure how much the cameras caught it, but his troll game is top notch. Any time he made a 3 over Dillon Brooks he taunted him on the way back down the court staring right at his face. Also when he was on the bench he was pointing at Ja and doing the giddy or whatever that dance is called. It was too funny.

AD was a monster on defense. He was literally everywhere that game. That play where he saved the ball in the corner, the crowd really gave him a good ovation and even started chanting AD.

Lebron got some MVP chants at the free throw line, not gonna lie it felt weird chanting MVP to someone other than Kobe lol.

Glad to see Beasley and Troy Brown didn't get any minutes. I got there a little early and watched Troy get some shots up. It was appalling seeing how many 3s he was missing just in shootaround. I'm literally shocked he shot as good as he did during the regular season if thats how he shoots during shootaround. Funny thing is Beasley barely missed during warm ups dude was making almost everything. But can't shoot during the game to save his life.

I know Tristan doesn't play, but it was nice seeing he was engaged during warm ups. Was dapping everyone up trying to give everyone confidence, helping being a defender or setting fake picks.

All in all it was a great night and glad I went. Game was a blow out, but it was still a lot of fun. 10 out of 10 would go again.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#73 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:34 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:Dlo I apologize I wasn’t really familiar with your game

I think he's growing into it. And needed someone to teach him. Because on the other side, its like really? You could a did that all along? So my hope is he's found it and Bron has given him the confidence to continue. Because we've all seen it before. To become a champion, you need a 3rd.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#74 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:39 am

LAKESHOW wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:Dlo I apologize I wasn’t really familiar with your game

I think he's growing into it. And needed someone to teach him. Because on the other side, its like really? You could a did that all along? So my hope is he's found it and Bron has given him the confidence to continue. Because we've all seen it before. To become a champion, you need a 3rd.

He is 5-6 in this team. I trust more on Reaves first of all and then Rui. And on defense Vando.

He is a liability in the Playoffs in some things. You have to hide him on defense and on offense it was yesterday his first great game but he is just inconsistent same with Schorder they are similars one with better defense the other with better shooting. But in matchups like for example vs Denver he could be a big liability because of the size and defense. If they play versus the Warriors is going to be tough hide him because they have 3 scorer in all the outside positions you can put him only on Draymond if they play versus the Kings It's going to be similar only you can put him on Terence Davis can be enough.

The only 5 guys I trust are AD, Lebron, Vanderbilt, Reaves and Rui. They have been consistents at least on one side of the game
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,060

Post#75 » by SweetTouch » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:57 pm

Watching Dlo actually try defensively and not losing his man constantly gave me hope
Stop being so disrespectful.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,875

Post#76 » by Beethoven » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:08 pm

Gsw experienced coached and player team their 3pt shooting can kill us.

Sac more athletic, more weapons, will run us out and gas lebron.

Who you prefer win game7?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,760

Post#77 » by ROballer » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:23 pm

The Kings.

They play absolutely no defense and they match up terribly against us, while we have the personnel to shut down Sabonis completely.

Fox might go off but it's not gonna be enough for them. I see it as an easier series than the Grizzlies one.

However, I don't think we can win against the Nuggets in the WCF. Too damn deep.
So I'm cheering for the Suns there.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,649

Post#78 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:24 pm

Beethoven wrote:Gsw experienced coached and player team their 3pt shooting can kill us.

Sac more athletic, more weapons, will run us out and gas lebron.

Who you prefer win game7?

I'd like to think that with Lebron's experience, we'd be the team dictating tempo against the Kings. I'd much rather play the Kings, and try to slow it down. GS won't allow us to dictate tempo, as they are too experienced. I also think they are that team that can catch fire, and win the whole thing. I cannot understand their struggles....only to remind everyone of the Draymond punching Poole way back in camp. I think their locker room is a disaster. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Dunno....either team has its pros and cons. We certainly seem to play GS well. I'd take Kings, but its almost 50/50 for me.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,875

Post#79 » by Beethoven » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:38 pm

I dunno man I just hope they play so many overtimes today that they have to adjourn the game and re-commence on Monday. Pushing back our first game to Wednesday.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#80 » by stan francisco » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:44 pm

Triple overtime is my hope.

The Cowtown Queens and Mr Potato Head, please.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers