ImageImageImageImageImage

The inevitable Kwame sucks thread

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#81 » by TommyTheCat » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:38 pm

seriously, it's not the lakers crowd that's going to cause kwame to lose confidence....................it's the fact that he's 25yo and a 7 year nba veteran who hasn't panned out whatsoever. he never lived up to the #1 pick status and has had a hard time becoming the capable role player the lakers were hoping for. in the meantime, he's watching a 20yo kid doing what everone expected him to do. that's the confidence killer.

i am glad that his teammates are backing him but find it disgusting that kobe would ever insinuate that lakers fans should stay home after his antics this offseason.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,774

Post#82 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:43 pm

J Rob wrote:The Kwame defenders can come up with all the excuses they want and say its unfair how we judge Kwame, but the bottomline is Kwame brought this on himself.
When you negotiate a $9 million contract and are the third highest player on a team, you have a level of expectation you must meet.

There's a lot of pressure that comes with the money.

In fact, the pressure, coverage, and scrutiny are part of the reason the money's so big in pro sports.

So if you don't want that level of criticism and pressure, then don't take the big contract.

The same goes for Odom, when you're the second or third highest paid player on one of the most famous franchises in the world, you have a higher level of scrutiny.

A-Rod and Derek Jeter are a good example of this.

A-Rod's contract has made him the most scrutinized player in baseball.

No matter what he does, if he makes mistakes or dogs it at all he gets railed by Yankee fans.

Jeter, on the other hand, plays his guts out, performs in the clutch, and Yankee fans worship him.

I think you and perhaps others are not seeing the argument being made by the Kwame defenders. first of all I have not yet read a single post that defends Kwame, every body agrees that he sucks. am I wrong on this?
second, I think the arguments is "did the booing help or hurt the team in the game?". I honestly think that it did change the game for the worst for us, but that is not to say that I was not booing at my TV. in fact it felt so good to let out my Kwame frustrations. looking back however, you can't say the booing didn't affect the rest of the Lakers and that is at the very least as much part as to why we lost the game as Kwames suckiness was to blame.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Cboywhitey
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#83 » by Cboywhitey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Thank you snaquille! That is exactly what I am trying to say.

I also am not saying that booing is what made kwame miss shots or lose confidence. I know he lacks it. The point is just like what you said...did the booing hurt the team and effect the game in a negative way. 100 percent I believe it did.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#84 » by RJM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:48 pm

IT is on crack...he turned down a Ron Artest/Mike Bibby/Vince Carter deal.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#85 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:51 pm

Kalel24 wrote:He said he was going to start Kwame when Kwame returned healthy when Bynum was tearing it up and now look at us. Look how bad we suck without Bynum. It's to bad Phil had to learn this way but at least that is something positive coming out from it.

I think Phil was bluffing or trying to raise Kwame's trade value. It just doesn't make any sense to start Kwame over Bynum with the way Bynum's been tearing it up.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#86 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Deep thoughts by Corvus Handy:

kwame is the #1 pick from a draft: not his fault blame a guy who can shoot but can't coach, gm, or manage worth a penny. Also the era was High Schooler rabid... it was the rage, he had and still has the best physique, not his fault where he was chosen.

Kwame was brought up wrong, abused, and maligned:
Yeah, that's awful for him as a person, for real. But in basketball terms: Darwinism rules. Suck it up or be eaten alive.

Where are Kwame supporters?: I saw a short bus cruising down Maint st. I think they should be back in their parents custody by this afternoon. Or they are the kind of hopeless optimist that is heavy on the hopeless part.

Tacos vs. Beer: I can eat dirt, but I can't get drunk off of it. Beer.

Lakers fans in this topic: Black... White... not much gray.

Booing effecting/affecting the the rest of the team: doesn't matter. What matters is the bulk of the games left. Ask yourself will the boo's be a positive or negative thing in the long run? It could be either, but it was a strong sentiment and they tend to have strong results. I hope it's positive, and I will lead the social beat down of the Philly trend if it continues, but I'm not apposed to it as long as some positives come out of it.

Cock-eyed: sounds like a horrible medical condition caused by sexy beasts and bumpy drives in cars.

Those have been deep thoughts by Corvus Handy
J Rob
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#87 » by J Rob » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:12 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you and perhaps others are not seeing the argument being made by the Kwame defenders. first of all I have not yet read a single post that defends Kwame, every body agrees that he sucks. am I wrong on this?
second, I think the arguments is "did the booing help or hurt the team in the game?". I honestly think that it did change the game for the worst for us, but that is not to say that I was not booing at my TV. in fact it felt so good to let out my Kwame frustrations. looking back however, you can't say the booing didn't affect the rest of the Lakers and that is at the very least as much part as to why we lost the game as Kwames suckiness was to blame.

I agree that everybody's pretty much under the consensus that Kwame sucks so "Kwame Defenders" was a poor choice of words.

I'm referring more to the excuses about him getting his timing back and how we should protect his fragile mind.

I'll be the first to admit that like everybody here, frustration is impacting most of the stuff I'm saying, but the fact is Kwame is a man.

In fact, he's a 25 year old man making 9 million a year with pretty meager expectations placed on him.

He's overweight (to the point where he's missing dunks) and he hasn't worked to improve his game: its his fault where he's at.

The booing didn't help, but when the booing got bad the game was already out of hand.

And to be honest, I liked seeing L.A. fans showing some passion about something.

Hopefully that sent a message to the rest of the players:
We're sick of seeing Kobe having to carry you guys. Step it up cause we've given you guys a free pass for the last three years and we're ready to compete.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#88 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Manexx wrote:Semi i understand your reasoning but you have to admit Kwame is just not getting it done. He should never wear p&g at the first place. I hope we make some trade.

I didn't say that he was getting it done, I'm simply pointing out that he's not the only one and that, as others have mentioned, the constant booing was uncalled for.

Regarding a trade for Kwame... I'm sure GM's are lining up outside the Lakers FO after seeing the Suns game and listening to him get booed. No doubt that his trade value sky-rocketed after immediately the game.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Dictionary.com wrote:af
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#90 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:22 pm

In the mortal words of Kobe, "Ship his ass out".
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#91 » by El Hardee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:23 pm

semi-sentient wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I didn't say that he was getting it done, I'm simply pointing out that he's not the only one and that, as others have mentioned, the constant booing was uncalled for.

Regarding a trade for Kwame... I'm sure GM's are lining up outside the Lakers FO after seeing the Suns game and listening to him get booed. No doubt that his trade value sky-rocketed after immediately the game.
Oh brother, so now the Laker fans, who payed good money to see a worthless pile of crap at center, are to blame for lowering his trade value. KWAME SUX,KWAME SUX,BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hope I didnt make any of the emo's on this board cry.
J Rob
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#92 » by J Rob » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Lol, I enjoyed your thoughts, Corvus.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:28 pm

El Hardee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh brother, so now the Laker fans, who payed good money to see a worthless pile of crap at center, are to blame for lowering his trade value. KWAME SUX,KWAME SUX,BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hope I didnt make any of the emo's on this board cry.
I don't consider myself an EMO, but just for s***s and giggles do you think the home crowd has any effect on the home team what so ever? the home crowd can energize or deflate a team. what do you think the booing did for the team as a whole last night? and yes I agree Kwame sucks!
Forum permissions