who would you trade bynum for?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Re: who would you trade bynum for? 

Post#81 » by Dr Aki » Fri Sep 5, 2008 1:41 pm

dwight and lebron are no brainers, but i wouldnt trade bynum for CP or wade

not a matter of talent seeing as both are better, its more a question of fit and having a dominating low-post player is a much better option than having 2 wing players
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#82 » by BlazertheGreek » Mon Sep 8, 2008 6:48 pm

anklebreaker702 wrote:This one is real easy for me dcash my answer is nobody. If Drew stays injury free I don't feel there will be any Center close to him over the next 5 years or more

Greg Oden anyone?
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#83 » by BlazertheGreek » Mon Sep 8, 2008 6:54 pm

TylersLakers wrote:You would trade AB for Greg Oden? WTF.

Greg Oden will be a bust. He'll be a solid defensive player, but that's about it.

How do you know Oden will be a bust?? Are you saying that because you are a Laker fan or because you hate the Blazers. Please tell us how you know Oden will be a bust oh great prognositcator of all things basketball.

That's like me saying Bynum is going to be a bust. Bynum didn't do anything until right before he got injured. Bynum is a fine player but we don't know for sure how he will play, same goes for Greg Oden. I like Bynum's game but I want to see him in a full season before I start making assumptions about people being busts or not.
thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#84 » by thegreatblaze » Mon Sep 8, 2008 8:30 pm

BlazertheGreek wrote:
anklebreaker702 wrote:This one is real easy for me dcash my answer is nobody. If Drew stays injury free I don't feel there will be any Center close to him over the next 5 years or more

Greg Oden anyone?

Or Maybe Yao Ming Or Dwight Howard anyone? lol
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#85 » by kno » Mon Sep 8, 2008 8:33 pm

BlazertheGreek wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:You would trade AB for Greg Oden? WTF.

Greg Oden will be a bust. He'll be a solid defensive player, but that's about it.

How do you know Oden will be a bust?? Are you saying that because you are a Laker fan or because you hate the Blazers. Please tell us how you know Oden will be a bust oh great prognositcator of all things basketball.

That's like me saying Bynum is going to be a bust. Bynum didn't do anything until right before he got injured. Bynum is a fine player but we don't know for sure how he will play, same goes for Greg Oden. I like Bynum's game but I want to see him in a full season before I start making assumptions about people being busts or not.

TL has won the lottery, AND predicted the earthquake we had here in LA a few weeks ago.

:lol:
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#86 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Sep 8, 2008 10:48 pm

BlazertheGreek wrote:

Greg Oden anyone?

I like Oden but I want to see him in a full season in the NBA before I start crowning him anything.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
lakersfan182
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#87 » by lakersfan182 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 3:04 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:
BlazertheGreek wrote:

Greg Oden anyone?

I like Oden but I want to see him in a full season in the NBA before I start crowning him anything.

but, in all fairness, bynum never really had a full season of playing at the level he was before he got injured
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Sep 9, 2008 5:08 pm

lakersfan182 wrote:but, in all fairness, bynum never really had a full season of playing at the level he was before he got injured

ok....

I am making my analysis on Bynum whom I think has a great upside and a lot of work left to do based on his NBA experience.

NBA experience being the key term here. I am not bashing Oden at all.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#89 » by miamiballer » Tue Sep 9, 2008 10:10 pm

i dont blame you guys for not willing to trade bynum for wade but wade is head and shoulders more talented/valuable/proven and miami wouldnt do it either.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,100

Post#90 » by dockingsched » Tue Sep 9, 2008 10:37 pm

miamiballer wrote:i dont blame you guys for not willing to trade bynum for wade but wade is head and shoulders more talented/valuable/proven and miami wouldnt do it either.

oh, miami would do it. in fact, there were rumors of the heat trying to set up a trade like that but the money issues were simply too difficult to overcome.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3196420

LOS ANGELES -- Andrew Bynum, a big factor in the Los Angeles Lakers' strong start, will be out at least eight weeks because of an injured left knee.

MRI tests and an examination Monday by team physician Dr. Steve Lombardo revealed Bynum had temporarily dislocated his kneecap and suffered a bone bruise. "He's already focusing on his rehab," Bynum's agent, David Lee, told ESPN The Magazine's Sam Alipour on Monday.

Bynum is expected to make a full recovery, the Lakers said in a press release.

The injury to the young center puts a halt to an ultra quite push by the Miami Heat to acquire Bynum for injury plagued Dwyane Wade. Pat Riley, looking to leave the coaching bench, had a strong desire to rebuild around a superstar center, something Riley saw as a possibility in Bynum
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#91 » by miamiballer » Tue Sep 9, 2008 10:43 pm

uh yeah...just like we were supposed to trade wade for rose...just like miami was supposed to not like beasley

next
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#92 » by Mamba Venom » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Its official he played 26 games last season and Bynum is OVER RATED

Bynum missed the play-offs the last 2 years. He has had a few break out games but come on. Bynum will be good soon but there is a small level of risk... what is the risk about taking the top MVP candidates.

Bynum is probably the Lakers 3rd best player

If he would have handled his injury better he would have played in the Finals and my opinion would be higher on him.

If you add D Howard, Paul, Wade or others to the Lakers roster that last year got to the Finals...
THE LAKERS WOULD BE ONE OF THE BADDEST TEAMS ALL TIME
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
fivas14
Banned User

Post#93 » by fivas14 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:25 pm

OVER HYPE!!!!

OVER HYPE!!!!!

Would you guys trade Bynum for Prime Jordan? Probably not, then you'd be giving up the best player ever.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by LLcoleJ » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:34 pm

fivas14 wrote:OVER HYPE!!!!

OVER HYPE!!!!!

Would you guys trade Bynum for Prime Jordan? Probably not, then you'd be giving up the best player ever.

careful....
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#95 » by That Nicka » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:51 pm

dcash4 wrote:
miamiballer wrote:i dont blame you guys for not willing to trade bynum for wade but wade is head and shoulders more talented/valuable/proven and miami wouldnt do it either.

oh, miami would do it. in fact, there were rumors of the heat trying to set up a trade like that but the money issues were simply too difficult to overcome.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3196420

LOS ANGELES -- Andrew Bynum, a big factor in the Los Angeles Lakers' strong start, will be out at least eight weeks because of an injured left knee.

MRI tests and an examination Monday by team physician Dr. Steve Lombardo revealed Bynum had temporarily dislocated his kneecap and suffered a bone bruise. "He's already focusing on his rehab," Bynum's agent, David Lee, told ESPN The Magazine's Sam Alipour on Monday.

Bynum is expected to make a full recovery, the Lakers said in a press release.

The injury to the young center puts a halt to an ultra quite push by the Miami Heat to acquire Bynum for injury plagued Dwyane Wade. Pat Riley, looking to leave the coaching bench, had a strong desire to rebuild around a superstar center, something Riley saw as a possibility in Bynum

miamiballer wrote:uh yeah...just like we were supposed to trade wade for rose...just like miami was supposed to not like beasley

next

:rofl:
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by LLcoleJ » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Since this thread had been linked back to the GB thread for no apparent reason I am going to keep an eye on this.

I hope people grasp the concept of this thread before they make their posts.
nolimitation
Ballboy

Post#97 » by nolimitation » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:15 am

Anyone would trade AB for Dwight Howard. He is the only althletic center in this league right now and he would fit in the Phil Jackon's system perfectly.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,100

Post#98 » by dockingsched » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:10 pm

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/09/15/nba- ... num-no-24/

So, at age 20, Bynum was a better scorer, rebounder and shotblocker than every notable recent big man who was in the league by age 20 ... including Dwight Freaking Howard.

yeah, thats bynum leading every category.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#99 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 pm

dcash4 wrote:http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/09/15/nba-top-50-andrew-bynum-no-24/

So, at age 20, Bynum was a better scorer, rebounder and shotblocker than every notable recent big man who was in the league by age 20 ... including Dwight Freaking Howard.

Interesting. Good find
Leonidas
Starter
And1: 2

Post#100 » by Leonidas » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:35 pm

dcash4 wrote:http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/09/15/nba-top-50-andrew-bynum-no-24/

and he shoots a better ft %... dope find dcash....

Propz to Kno for the sig..

Return to Los Angeles Lakers