ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Trade IDEAS

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,342

Re: Lakers Trade IDEAS 

Post#901 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 12:54 am

wco81 wrote:So if the Lakers give up the assets to get Kyrie, are they willing to commit $200 million fully guaranteed to him?

Forget about whether he would get the Lakers another title this season. He may but then he may get up to his usual shenanigans again in future years.

It’s a valid question. They could be essentially renting him with the hope of winning their historic 18th championship and at the same time prevent the Celtics to win another one. They then cross their fingers next summer on whether another team has the guts to commit to this crazy guy. If there’s no team crazy enough they then offer a 1 year deal or team option on year 2. Personally I’ll go with a more stable player like FVV, he’s no Kyrie skill wise but he’s a great addition.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,349

Post#902 » by SlimShady83 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 9:34 am

I just came back shortly just to say ...

Outside of Bron, Kyrie Isn't worth 4 year contract ... Bron Is the only one who will keep him intact and I think Lakers/Jeanie/Rob etc are doing a good job on this so far - don't fall into the peer pressure and make a 4 year deal

At most I would offer Kyrie 3 years with 3rd year being team option <> If that's even possible???

This is why they haven't pulled the trigger as they also know that with out Bron he isn't worth It - some have stated else where, that you still have AD - but he always Injured and you'll basically just have Kyrie most of the time while AD rides the Injury list ...

So out side of Bron (2more years? hopefully less) you don't want this mad man on your team and as stated above Lakers doing a good job on this one.

Some also are giving Lakers/Jeanie etc crap for not pulling the deal, but I'm glad they aren't a GM as they know squat.

Peace out
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#903 » by Landsberger » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:19 pm

Mavs are getting Kyrie. 2 players, a first and 2 seconds. Smith and Dinwiddie are the players involved. ESPN is the source
bb22
Starter
And1: 1,024

Post#904 » by bb22 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 11:46 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
wco81 wrote:So if the Lakers give up the assets to get Kyrie, are they willing to commit $200 million fully guaranteed to him?

Forget about whether he would get the Lakers another title this season. He may but then he may get up to his usual shenanigans again in future years.

It’s a valid question. They could be essentially renting him with the hope of winning their historic 18th championship and at the same time prevent the Celtics to win another one. They then cross their fingers next summer on whether another team has the guts to commit to this crazy guy. If there’s no team crazy enough they then offer a 1 year deal or team option on year 2. Personally I’ll go with a more stable player like FVV, he’s no Kyrie skill wise but he’s a great addition.

FVV’s shot has been awful this year. He’s dipped significantly and his mediocre stats are inflated on a raps team that’s struggling. He’s a backup PG now, and I’d rather have Dennis playing as he at least has some length.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,342

Post#905 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Feb 6, 2023 5:13 am

bb22 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

FVV’s shot has been awful this year. He’s dipped significantly and his mediocre stats are inflated on a raps team that’s struggling. He’s a backup PG now, and I’d rather have Dennis playing as he at least has some length.

Well he's not shooting great from 3 Bec of that awful Dec but has shot ok after that. It's interesting to note that his EFG% is actually higher than 2 years ago. I personally go with a player's career ave than a couple of month's stats.
His career % from 3 is 37.6 in 244 reg season games and 37.2% in 52 playoff games and his EFG is pretty similar too.
His 3pt% this year is much higher in the 2nd half, 42.5% in 3rd Q's and 40.2% in 4th Q's. I can't see the Lakers doing well with Russ and Schroder shooting great from deep in 2nd half because that is clearly not their strength and it's pretty obvious their half court offense is horrible when pace gets slower, resulting to them losing so many close games.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#906 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Feb 6, 2023 11:51 pm

plot twist.... trade AD, jones, Juan, and Beverly.... for Kyrie, wood, javale, and couple first rounders
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Post#907 » by Desiderium » Tue Feb 7, 2023 12:04 am

Doubt we make any moves now that Kyrie is off the board. This front office just doesn't have many friends or relationships with other GMs. Every time I hear Pelinka talk, I roll my eyes, and I'm sure that's how others view him around the league. He's gotta go.

But in the meantime, we will probably focus on the buyout market once the trade deadline passes.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,381

Post#908 » by wco81 » Tue Feb 7, 2023 3:22 am

There are different rumors about why the Nets didn't trade Kyrie to the Lakers.

One is that they couldn't make same 3-way trade work.

Another is that Tsai didn't want to trade Kyrie to his preferred destination, which would have been the Lakers.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#909 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Feb 7, 2023 3:48 am

to appease Kevin Durant, they might be willing to do anything

this cam Thomas guy is freaking destroying it

do you think the Lakers can pull off:

AD,Juan, Jones, Beverly, and gabriel for Spencer, cam, Seth, claxton, Warren, dfs and two first round picks?

maybe we can trade Spencer, walker, dfs and three first round picks for siakim
zuju
Senior
And1: 127

Post#910 » by zuju » Tue Feb 7, 2023 5:29 am

loveshaq786 wrote:to appease Kevin Durant, they might be willing to do anything

this cam Thomas guy is freaking destroying it

do you think the Lakers can pull off:

AD,Juan, Jones, Beverly, and gabriel for Spencer, cam, Seth, claxton, Warren, dfs and two first round picks?

maybe we can trade Spencer, walker, dfs and three first round picks for siakim

Trading AD for so little value back?

So you proposal is actually : AD Juan Jones, pat bev and Gariel and a FRP for Cam Thomas, Seth, claxton, Warren and Siakim?

As compared to what we give up for AD, do you think this is enough of a return? Or you think AD's value dropped so significantly? Be reminded that AD was labbled as glass way before we traded for him.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#911 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Feb 7, 2023 11:58 am

I personally think... siakim, claxton, cam >>> AD

Siakim relatively always healthy.... claxton a young, healthy defender than can run the floor well, and cam is a great shooting youngin

add more shooters in curry and lenghth with Warren... we have a much deeper team

lebron, Seth, Warren, siakim, claxton ... that's a chip
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#912 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Feb 7, 2023 4:07 pm

rather than us getting fleeced... we should trade our junk for players who need and want to be traded...

Westbrook, Juan, Jones, Gabriel... Harris, Melton, Harrell, Milton
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#913 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Feb 8, 2023 5:25 pm

just a thought....

AD, JUAN, jones. Beverly.... for grant, GP, eubanks, Simmons and picks

trade grant, gp, walker for OG and Trent jr.straight up

Simmons/trent/OG/LeBron/Bryant
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#914 » by cheese318 » Wed Feb 8, 2023 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#915 » by IceManBK1 » Wed Feb 8, 2023 9:11 pm

cheese318 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Omg yes please I'm coming back as Lakers fans excited to see dlo and AD duo:D
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#916 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Feb 8, 2023 9:16 pm

We need a frekin point so bad. These turnover happy guards we got aint cutting it
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#917 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Wed Feb 8, 2023 9:52 pm

That's really a not bad trade. That Vanderbit is a good wing defender, Russell is similar to Westbrook but better at shooting and the SG is not going to hurt you coming of the bench. I mean you are not going to have much more for Westbrook.

But Pelinka should want a Jazz center not Malik Beasley

Pelinka literally want 404040 SG and Lebron and AD. He better trade that package of Russell and Beasley plus some of those hundreds SG that you have in the team for a good PG.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,836

Post#918 » by TyCobb » Wed Feb 8, 2023 10:12 pm

Lmao that’s worse than Westbrook.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,381

Post#919 » by wco81 » Wed Feb 8, 2023 11:02 pm

Dlo can make shots but I thought he'd wore out his welcome with the Lakers by the time he was traded?
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#920 » by cheese318 » Wed Feb 8, 2023 11:26 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
cheese318 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Omg yes please I'm coming back as Lakers fans excited to see dlo and AD duo:D

Yea this is actually a great move by Pelinka if he can pull it off. Kind of worries me it was subtly announced as in progress and you’d hope to hear it’s completed tonight or soon before it falls apart. I’m curious as to what MIN will get in the end out of this because Mike Conley wouldn’t be enough imo. MIN could just deal with LAL for the two FRP and take Russ for a year instead of Conley. That Goebert trade is going to be such a bad move
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers