ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers 12/25 3:00 PM ET (ABC)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Re: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers 12/25 3:00 PM ET (A 

Post#521 » by Anklebreaker702 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Anklebreaker702 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:Favorite things: Dwight's D, Pau's finish, and Steven Nash running the offense down the stretch.

After this game Sedale you need to change that sig. Bad reffing is bad reffing.

It's more about people blaming losses on officials. I bitched about some calls here and there, but I'll always believe that we win or lose by our own merits.

You have the right to your opinion & you know I usually agree with you on that subject but bad officiating is just that & sometimes it does cost teams games.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#522 » by Anklebreaker702 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:02 pm

eablinksum wrote:Great win by the Lakers! I loved that move by Pau Gasol!

For me, move of the year so far for us.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#523 » by nashill » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:02 pm

did not notice kobe shot 24 today. he really played within the system and it was beautiful basketball.
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
DonJay21
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#524 » by DonJay21 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Big win!!! What would be better is if they could follow up against Denver.
Money, Beats and Basketball. Coooooooper!!!!
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#525 » by ennui » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:03 pm

there were bad calls both ways melo got heldoff ball

that would be free throws and the ball
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
cnv2855
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#526 » by cnv2855 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:03 pm

A mod deleted my thread about the piss poor officiating. Let's not even talk about how bad it is.

Let's not talk about how only three years ago, a referee was caught by the FBI. Let's not talk about that referee placing 150 calls to Marc Foster on his "gambling only" throwaway cell. Let's not talk about the thirteen referees that were culpable. Let's not talk about how they are still all employed.

Let's not talk about the horrible out of bounds call that was blatantly obvious both in real time and on replay. Let's not talk about how it's not illegal for the NBA to fix games (this is 100% true, since it's for "entertainment purposes - like wrestling). Let's not talk about anything that would lead to better, more fair, and more balanced officiating.

Is it really that hard to believe that someone who makes $150,000 a year would be vulnerable to corruption in a sport where tens of millions are bet on every game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

http://www.thefixisin.net/donaghy.html

Ban me if this is how things are... if we can't even discuss this kind of thing. If a post about the officiating gets a tinfoil .gif from a mod, even when .gifs will earn you a ban on the general forum.

I can't enjoy this sport like this anymore anyway. Not until Stern is gone and the referees are changed. It's high time that the NBA needs a new officiating crew and more oversight.

[This is in response to the HORRIBLE out of bounds call between Kobe & Anthony that wasn't overturned that was obvious in real time and on replay.]
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#527 » by Kobe System » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:04 pm

What's funny is Knicks fan base is still bitching about the refs. :o :lol:
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#528 » by Anklebreaker702 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:04 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Nice win, confidence is building now. Once we wake up the beast this team will see that they should be destroying teams

Its coming Deep. I was saying even before the win streak that I was starting to see it & its coming
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Post#529 » by Slava » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 pm

We might just become a great 4th quarter team with Nash in there.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
DonJay21
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#530 » by DonJay21 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Is that a Knicks fan?
Money, Beats and Basketball. Coooooooper!!!!
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,132

Post#531 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 pm

cnv2855 wrote:A mod deleted my thread about the piss poor officiating. Let's not even talk about how bad it is.

Let's not talk about how only three years ago, a referee was caught by the FBI. Let's not talk about that referee placing 150 calls to Marc Foster on his "gambling only" throwaway cell. Let's not talk about the thirteen referees that were culpable. Let's not talk about how they are still all employed.

Let's not talk about the horrible out of bounds call that was blatantly obvious both in real time and on replay. Let's not talk about how it's not illegal for the NBA to fix games (this is 100% true, since it's for "entertainment purposes - like wrestling). Let's not talk about anything that would lead to better, more fair, and more balanced officiating.

Is it really that hard to believe that someone who makes $150,000 a year would be vulnerable to corruption in a sport where tens of millions are bet on every game?

Ban me if this is how things are... if we can't even discuss this kind of thing. If a post about the officiating gets a tinfoil .gif, which is enough to earn you a ban on the general forums for doing stupid .gifs, and a deleted thread (not even locked).

I can't enjoy this sport like this anymore anyway.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about...
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#532 » by AcecardZ » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Nice win, confidence is building now. Once we wake up the beast this team will see that they should be destroying teams

Every time I catch myself thinking like this I remember that Pau has sucked and our perimeter shooting is not very consistent either..

If both can improve just a little and Dwight can get right the league is serious trouble.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Kobean
Senior
And1: 27

Post#533 » by Kobean » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm

In the last few minutes I was starting to think it was fixed with those insane calls against Kobe and Metta but great win for us today 5 IN A ROW!! lets keep it going guys!
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#534 » by kblo247 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Pau got his Christmas wish from Santa just in time - a set of nuts
albasuna
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#535 » by albasuna » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Laker basketball is clutch basketball. They have absolute control during the last 5 minutes of the game.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,132

Post#536 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:08 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:We might just become a great 4th quarter team with Nash in there.

That was the most encouraging thing to me. We got a solid look pretty much every trip.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#537 » by Anklebreaker702 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Kobe System wrote:What's funny is Knicks fan base is still bitching about the refs. :o :lol:

They should be just like we should. Just because we won doesn't mean the officiating was fair or good. That was bad for the winner but especially bitter for the loser. Today we happened to be the winner.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
cnv2855
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#538 » by cnv2855 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
cnv2855 wrote:A mod deleted my thread about the piss poor officiating. Let's not even talk about how bad it is.

Ban me if this is how things are... if we can't even discuss this kind of thing. If a post about the officiating gets a tinfoil .gif, which is enough to earn you a ban on the general forums for doing stupid .gifs, and a deleted thread (not even locked).

Would you mind clarifying? I was referencing the 4th quarter call when the game was still close and Anthony knocked it out of bounds. There's absolutely no reasonable argument that you can put forth to call that ball out on Kobe, none.

Especially not with replay. If someone wants to defend the refs, please tell me how they can look at that slow motion replay and say that Kobe touched that ball last. I'd love to hear your argument.

I'll post the youtube video of it when it's available.

Please read that link I posted. It's definitely worth 10 minutes of time. It may change your outlook on the officials. I'm just frustrated that I earned a lock for wanting to talk about it.

What's wrong with discussing the officials? They have as much influence on the game as the players, if not more.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#539 » by DrewBynum77 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:11 pm

great win for the lakers, guys. Some observations:

1 - Pau will be a 14-9-4 player and that's really good on a team like the Lakers where he's the 4th option and playing out of his comfort zone. If he gets that we applaud him no matter the result of the game.

2 - For those that were underrating Nash return.. See what we were talking about? Not only offensively but raymond felton scored 10 points on 19 fga.. Nash played good D, yes, but most important: felton knew he had to worry all the time what Nash would do on the other hand. And once you start thinking too much that's when you start to lose. Today's NBA is a PG league and a team starting and playing chris **** duhon 30 minutes per game is at a huuuge disadvantage

3 - Kobe likes to shoot. He doesn't like to create for others or have to exhaust himself creating semi-tough shots for himsel. He'll glad pass to Nash and as I said during Mike's run was: the best offense in the league is: pass the ball to steve **** nash and let him decide what to do. and He wont just call PnRs, he'll post up Bryant or give up the ball plenty of time if he feels a player got a hot hand. He was doing this for **** leandro barbosa when he had his hot days in phoenix but wont do to bryant? lol. So that will keep kobe happy.

4 - Now D12/Gasol needs more low block touches. Nash gotta figure that out but ultimately its the 3pointer that will open up the lane for D12 and Gasol.

Happy holidays, peepz.

Drew out.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#540 » by Anklebreaker702 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:

And this is where I agree with you. This game was badly officiated both ways but I knew which ever team lost would take it worse. Its the nature of the beast but conspiracy is out of the question when a game is called so badly on both sides
VETERAN LAKER FAN

Return to Los Angeles Lakers