Pythagoras wrote:I’ll take Dillon Brooks on a vet min next year :oops:

Cause he poke beers
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1923 » by stan francisco » Fri May 5, 2023 11:53 pm

I want players who are smart enough not to wake big angry grizzly bears for absolutely no good reason.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,856

Post#1924 » by Beethoven » Sun May 7, 2023 8:08 am

I don't mind dillon brooks antics if he's on our team I just don't like if someone else implements the same defensive strategy against us in playoffs when he's on the floor.
So, I'd pass. Let him go to Denver or gsw. Teams that need to be brought down a notch; teams who's been having unnecessarily too long 15 mins of fame.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#1925 » by Danny Darko » Wed May 10, 2023 12:51 am

Read on Twitter

Classy... if I ever get cancer and survive I'm giving that tumor a ring for getting Vando too.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#1926 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed May 10, 2023 3:13 am

Ok I admit I haven’t been watching basketball like I used to. (Not gonna get into why at this time), but is Kevin Durant getting his a$$ handed down to him by Father Time or is just a bad game? Or is it that Booker makes him irrelevant or what is it?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#1927 » by stan francisco » Wed May 10, 2023 9:58 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Ok I admit I haven’t been watching basketball like I used to. (Not gonna get into why at this time), but is Kevin Durant getting his a$$ handed down to him by Father Time or is just a bad game? Or is it that Booker makes him irrelevant or what is it?

I think he’s just getting his feet under him in this new setting. Wasn’t he injured recently, too? And Denver is one really scary bad ass monster opponent. Their defense is pretty damn tight.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#1928 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 10, 2023 10:23 pm

Denver is gonna be a Major problem
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#1929 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat May 13, 2023 5:27 am

Alright alright…since when did the GB get so Lakers sympathetic? Most of the posts on the game thread are lakers positive and even the negative ones are pathetically mild compared to a decade ago? What happened?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#1930 » by Freighttrain » Sat May 13, 2023 12:10 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Alright alright…since when did the GB get so Lakers sympathetic? Most of the posts on the game thread are lakers positive and even the negative ones are pathetically mild compared to a decade ago? What happened?

A lot of people like to watch the Warriors lose as well I suppose. Don't worry, it will turn against Denver as they are the "small market" team vs us.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,314

Post#1931 » by wco81 » Sat May 13, 2023 4:01 pm

It'll turn when it's obvious the Lakers are getting a favorable whistle vs. Jokic and the rest of the Nuggets.

Jokic, Gordon and Murray get in foul trouble while AD and Lebron never do.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1932 » by Pythagoras » Sat May 13, 2023 4:54 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Ok I admit I haven’t been watching basketball like I used to. (Not gonna get into why at this time), but is Kevin Durant getting his a$$ handed down to him by Father Time or is just a bad game? Or is it that Booker makes him irrelevant or what is it?

He looked old in the series to me. He struggles to get to his spot and that jumper isn’t as wet as it used to be. He’s definitely not washed, but he’s not what he once was. He could really use a consistent playmaker to get him some easy shots.
Numbers rule the universe.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,856

Post#1933 » by Beethoven » Sat May 13, 2023 8:45 pm

Booker and KD looked good together. They just need more help and more defensive personnel. And I agree kd is showing some age.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,316

Post#1934 » by Jedi32 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:18 pm

wco81 wrote:It'll turn when it's obvious the Lakers are getting a favorable whistle vs. Jokic and the rest of the Nuggets.

What's the point of posting stupid stuff like this all the time? Is your life really that sad and pathetic? It's like junior high school girls crying because the cool guy didn't ask them to the dance or something. As many favorable whistles as the Warriors have gotten, their fans should shut up for at least a century straight.
wco81
RealGM

Post#1935 » by wco81 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:26 pm

Jedi32 wrote:
wco81 wrote:It'll turn when it's obvious the Lakers are getting a favorable whistle vs. Jokic and the rest of the Nuggets.

What's the point of posting stupid stuff like this all the time? Is your life really that sad and pathetic? It's like junior high school girls crying because the cool guy didn't ask them to the dance or something. As many favorable whistles as the Warriors have gotten, their fans should shut up for at least a century straight.

There are stats showing which team gets favorable calls.

Warriors are not one of them.

There has never been a 2006 WCF Game 6 in the history of any other team in the NBA.

Of course Lakers fans don’t want to hear about it or the stats from this season.

You can ignore the elephant in the room all you want but it doesn’t change the numbers.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,316

Post#1936 » by Jedi32 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:46 pm

wco81 wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:

There are stats showing which team gets favorable calls.

Warriors are not one of them.

There has never been a 2006 WCF Game 6 in the history of any other team in the NBA.

Of course Lakers fans don’t want to hear about it or the stats from this season.

You can ignore the elephant in the room all you want but it doesn’t change the numbers.

I find that hard to believe as many moving and illegal screens the Warriors set in EVERY game. Also I think you're talking about game 6 in 02, but while you're at it go look at game five in 02 of that same series. Like I said you sound like a scorned junior high school girl.
wco81
RealGM

Post#1937 » by wco81 » Mon May 15, 2023 11:08 pm

Well you've no doubt seen the FTA differentials for the last series and the whole season, especially since January, for the Lakers.

If you can cite such stats for the Warriors, lets see them.

Or are you claiming you saw eye tests, don't need to see actual numbers?

Speaking of illegal screens, how many offensive fouls did AD get for setting picks vs. the Warriors?

And how many will he get in the Denver series, and the series after that?

AD doesn't set illegal picks?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,828

Post#1938 » by TyCobb » Tue May 16, 2023 9:45 pm

Should've ignored the numbers and went with the eye test before giving Poole that contract. Going by numbers only, you'd probably trade for Morant right now too.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Post#1939 » by JVL » Mon May 22, 2023 8:53 am

I find it incredible how everyone is collectively jacking off the Heat right now on the GB. A team that barely missed the Finals last year with a star player in his prime and yet when it seems like they're going to the Finals this year it's suddenly an unprecedented Cinderella story by beating the Bucks with an injured Giannis, the damn Knicks and the Celtics with a coach who openly admitted to the media that he has no game plan and has no idea what he's doing.

If anything it's more incredible how they fell so low during the regular season.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#1940 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 22, 2023 2:09 pm

The Celtics are done that crew is gonna be broken up

Return to Los Angeles Lakers