ImageImageImageImageImage

D’Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt to Lakers

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

MakeItSplash
Junior
And1: 400

D’Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt to Lakers 

Post#1 » by MakeItSplash » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:34 am

Wow Rob was actually able to get rid of Westbrook. Also pick is Top 1-4 protected. Lakers get shooting and defense!

Lakers: D'Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt.

T-Wolves: Mike Conley, Nickeil Alexander-Walker and 2nd round pick from Lakers.

Jazz:Russell Westbrook, Damian Jones, Juan Toscano-Anderson, 2027 first round pick (Top 4 protected)

Note: If the Lakers' pick to the Jazz is not conveyed in 2027 -- (if it falls into the top four) -- the pick immediately converts to a 2027 second-round pick, sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35618590/lakers-finalizing-3-team-trade-dangelo-russell
Read on Twitter
bballfan1three3 wrote:So confused... His name is Dante Divencenzo. An Italian name. Italians are white now???? Strange he doesn't even speak Czech or Romanian how can he claim to be a white. Plus Italians have black hair (usually) so that doesn't make sense either
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,836

Re: D’Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt to Lakers 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:37 am

Oh gosh
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#3 » by moonpie » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:38 am

What's up fam!
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#4 » by BEazy » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:42 am

Man feels good to be back. The ninja turtle is gone! Yeeeeessss!

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 480

Post#5 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:42 am

I like this trade as we only lose players like Westbrook that we are trying to get rid of, Juan who does not really play that much and Jones who is not really playing at all plus only a first round pick and a second round pick then we get guys that can fill our needs. D Lo, Beasley and Vanderbilt.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#6 » by sonnyhill » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:47 am

Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic is what this trade feels like.

Does a ball-dominant DLo, who is also defensively-challented, too, really fit in with LeBron and AD?

Does Vanderbilt start at power forward, and if this happens, does AD move to center (BTW, I do like Vanderbilt as a complimentary player)?

If this trade does happen, do the Lakers give up 130 pts on defense every time they step onto the court?
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:52 am

sonnyhill wrote:Does a ball-dominant DLo, who is also defensively-challented, too, really fit in with LeBron and AD?

If this trade does happen, do the Lakers give up 130 pts on defense every time they step onto the court?

DLo will be used for shooting / floor spacing. Don't expect too much D from him. Better fit than Westbrook. Adding Beasley and Vanderbilt is addressing our need for wings so I expect that we won't do the ridiculous 3PGs playing at the same time and so our PGs doesn't need to defend opponent's bigger wings.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,893

Post#8 » by Pointgod » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:02 am

Panic trade where we gave up one of our best assets to trade for an allstar in the off season. Personnel wise great trade for us, I’d rather have a basketball rack than Westbrook but we’ve essentially taken ourselves out of the running to trade for any mentally stable superstar unless we’re okay with moving AD.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#9 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:07 am

dlo got to play to kobe, curry, and lebron..hope one day he gets to be mentioned as one of the great players to ever play this game lol. atleast hang his jersey up on the rafters with a certain team.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#10 » by EArl » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:09 am

Welcome back DLO! I think playoffs should be a shoe in.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,203

Post#11 » by Optms » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:18 am

I would'nt be surprised if we just go on a tear now. The roster is too good to not win consistently. The fit is there (on paper). Talent is there. Only Ham can screw this up. Lets hope not.

Off topic - D-Lo still a snitch.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,491

Post#12 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:23 am

lol Officer Russell is back
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#13 » by Ball so hard » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:30 am

Never been a Russell guy… career loser pretty much everywhere he’s been. Never been a guy that raises the floor for anyone. However, the pieces we are receiving do fit better. I pray to god we don’t tie up long term money in Russel and Rui in the offseason.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,342

Post#14 » by tamaraw08 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:36 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:Does a ball-dominant DLo, who is also defensively-challented, too, really fit in with LeBron and AD?

DLo will be used for shooting / floor spacing. Don't expect too much D from him. Better fit than Westbrook. Adding Beasley and Vanderbilt is addressing our need for wings so I expect that we won't do the ridiculous 3PGs playing at the same time and so our PGs doesn't need to defend opponent's bigger wings.

I really hate D’Lo’s defense.. or lack thereof , but I’m excited about Beasley’s Shooting and Vanderbilt’s defense and length. Also disposed the useless Jones and the overrated JTA.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:14 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

I really hate D’Lo’s defense.. or lack thereof , but I’m excited about Beasley’s Shooting and Vanderbilt’s defense and length. Also disposed the useless Jones and the overrated JTA.

Let's just hope the other 4 Lakers on the floor could cover up for DLo's defense. I sitll think this trade is a win for us because we got guys who can shoot and defend for Westbrook. If these guys won't turn the ball over as much as Westbrook then it's a bonus.
coach-bdj
Junior
And1: 108

Post#16 » by coach-bdj » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:15 am

[quote="Optms"Off topic - D-Lo still a snitch.[/quote]

yep :x
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#17 » by Landsberger » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:28 am

Oh dear Jesus! Just when you think it can't get worse.... it gets worse. Russell? You've got to be kidding me. He will make people beg for Westbrook again.

We need the Jazz's GM here is what this tells me more than anything.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#18 » by tugs » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:38 am

Man happy for the org but Utah was fleeeeeeced

Was hoping my boy JC can take the Jazz to the playoffs and hoping a matchup vs the Lakers would be possible

Great acquisitions though. One thing overlooked here is the chemistry. DLo, PatBev, and Vando were balling in Minny. Shouldn't be an issue playing them together. Vando particularly as he is a do it all blue chipper
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#19 » by Landsberger » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:44 am

tugs wrote:Man happy for the org but Utah was fleeeeeeced

Was hoping my boy JC can take the Jazz to the playoffs and hoping a matchup vs the Lakers would be possible

Great acquisitions though. One thing overlooked here is the chemistry. DLo, PatBev, and Vando were balling in Minny. Shouldn't be an issue playing them together. Vando particularly as he is a do it all blue chipper

How did the Jazz get fleeeeeeced? The most valuable thing in this trade is the Lakers first round pick. They gave up little if anything to get it. Mike Conley isn't losing much for a team that's obviously in a ground up restoration.

To me the Lakers got fleeeeced. Russell will, at most, replace Westbrooks scoring but with far worse defense and mind numbing lack of concern. So we get an expiring piece for an expiring piece and we trade a number 1 pick to get what.... Beasley and Vanderbilt? I don't get it.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#20 » by tugs » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:53 am

Oops overlooked that pick, but considering that plus Beasley and Vando? Russ for Russ for Mike as expirings negate one another but realistically, can LA get anything better for that pick in the draft than Beasley's shooting and Vanderbilt's defensive activity?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers