Post#141 » by LAKESHOW » Tue May 30, 2023 12:10 am

I dont believe Kyrie or FV are going to be possible. They'll be off the board
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Re: I can’t wait for the Lakers to sign D’Lo 

Post#142 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue May 30, 2023 7:00 am

LAKESHOW wrote:I dont believe Kyrie or FV are going to be possible. They'll be off the board

I think both are going to be available and possible for LA, but both come at a cost depending on if they're signed as FAs or s/t. If signed as FAs most of bench depth is gone.

FVV:
I dont think anyone is offering FVV more than 30M and if he wants to move on from Toronto i think it would be in their interest to do a s/t so they dont lose him for nothing. Other teams could be in the mix for a s/t, but Lakers is a pretty good landing spot for him. Also, Lakers dont have to do a s/t and could offer him a deal as a FA cloase to 30M.
FVV-Reaves-Lebron-Vando-AD + Christie+17th+ 2nd rounder +room exception + veteran min deals.

Kyrie:
Same as above basically. But money is higher. Dallas probably not be interested in facilitating a deal, but probably will in the end if Kyrie-LA-Lebron etc. play hardball.
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Re: I can’t wait for the Lakers to sign D’Lo 

Post#143 » by zuju » Tue Jun 6, 2023 11:35 am

DanishLakerFan wrote:
zuju wrote:
DanishLakerFan wrote:
Well i sure didn't expect him to flame out like that, because i hoped his size would make it possible to hide him a bit on defense. And more importantly i had hoped he would produce enough on offense to allow him to stay on the floor.

But i agree that one-dimensional player that lack toughness shouldn't be key players in a playoff
rotation. For that reason I'm also sceptic when it comes to Kyrie, LaVine, DeRozan, Beal, Trae etc.

LA should not lose DLo for nothing though, if it can be avoided.

I think DLo does fit well in Toronto and LA can in fact sign FVV as a FA, so that is a good place to start.

Given the cap space situation, we are not in a good place if we lose him for nothing. He can definitely contribute in the regular season and have his stock rise a bit. A 15M/2yrs (2nd year team option) friendly prove himself deal would make his contract very tradable and won't hurt Lakers cap space when LBJ's contract is up even if he stays.

YES!!!! He fits well with the Raptors. They lack a guy who can run the offense. FVV is not one. FVV is a score first PG. Toronto needs someone to distribute the ball and run the offense properly. They have none. Dlo while providing 3 pointer and can run the offense, his awful defense can be covered by their very long and agile line up.

I don't want FVV though. His shortcoming on defense and inability to run the offense is not what we need. I'd rather resign schroder who is more or less the same type of player with much better defense. IF we can flip Dlo for OG Annoby or Gary Trent Jr, that'd be ideal. I believe that won't be enough with Dlo alone.

I'd will look into which teams that wants to blow it up or which players want out of their current town too. A trade in the mid-season to upgrade is very much possible.

FVV is one of the better defensive PGs and almost made the all-defense team last season so i wouldn't be worried in that regard. I think between him and Reaves we'd have enough to run the offense.
OG would be the dream, but not realistic.
Gary Trent Jr. is worse defensively than DLo and can't run an offense.

Gary Trent Jr is a good defender. He was not motivated all the time though. This is where I am conservative about him.
FVV is not just that good as some of us think imo.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers