ImageImageImageImageImage

I can’t wait for the Lakers to sign D’Lo

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Re: I can’t wait for the Lakers to sign D’Lo 

Post#101 » by Ball so hard » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:28 am

That_Casual wrote:I apologise. I was wrong. Trade him.

He’s been really good for us in the regular season. Making 3, pretty reliable scorer. But yeah, in the playoffs, where it ultimately matters, he can’t cut it.

Not sure who’d want him in a sign and trade.

That’s a pretty quick switcheroo lol

In any event I solute you for acknowledging your mistake… that’s pretty rare on this on this board.

Dlo is fools gold. He’s pretty much always been this way.
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#102 » by That_Casual » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:26 am

Ball so hard wrote:

He’s been really good for us in the regular season. Making 3, pretty reliable scorer. But yeah, in the playoffs, where it ultimately matters, he can’t cut it.

In any event I solute you for acknowledging your mistake… that’s pretty rare on this on this board.

He’s a good player. Regular season he’s fine. But he isn’t made for the play offs.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#103 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:58 pm

No big deal. The history of this franchise we had alot of these dudes. They just don't show up when the Big Dance rolls around. No biggie. Weve also had Robert Horry types. We will and should move on from him after this run is over, this dude has been missing in action all together
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,313

Post#104 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:13 am

That_Casual wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

He’s a good player. Regular season he’s fine. But he isn’t made for the play offs.

I will not be surprised if he plays 2-3 really good games in the next several days but I still just can’t trust this guy. But yes there are players who can’t step up when the going gets tough.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#105 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:56 pm

His fair value based on impact is like 10mm/year. If we can pay him 20/yr or less to keep him (initially I thought this would be impossible but I can’t imagine who the hell wants to pay him a penny more than that after these stinkers), then we should keep him and deal him before the deadline. If he wants more, try to find an immediate sign and trade. If that also doesn’t work, then let him walk. But u can’t just let guys walk without trying to get compensation w our cap situation. Regardless, if jeanie is penny pinching and the decision is bw my boy Saucetain and D’Angelo, I’ll call dlos Uber to lax for him
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,332

Post#106 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:17 pm

DLO is the third priority this off-season imo. Rui and Reeves are far more important
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#107 » by NBAWestFan » Wed May 17, 2023 5:05 am

Dlo is a good role player but not worth much $$

I would go after a playoff gamer in Kyrie but not too much

I would also sign Reeves as the number 1 priority

Lebron & AD should take haircuts to keep the core.
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#108 » by SashaTheMachine » Wed May 17, 2023 6:41 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:DLO is the third priority this off-season imo. Rui and Reeves are far more important

Definitely agree, but now I have Schroeder above DLO.
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#109 » by zuju » Wed May 17, 2023 3:13 pm

No more than 15M (originally no more than 23M).
The fit is hard to find. His inconsistent play, lack of aggressiveness and poor defense really hurts though
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#110 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 17, 2023 7:16 pm

Our guard play is critical in this series and future success. Weve got ball handlers. Play initiators. Point getters. Spot up shooters Speed defenders. But weve got them spread out amongst the 4. This is something we gonna have to figure out. But I am #1 Rui and Reaves 1st before the others
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#111 » by Spens1 » Sat May 20, 2023 2:32 pm

TheHartBreakKid wrote:DLO is the third priority this off-season imo. Rui and Reeves are far more important

Think we need to trade him out to resign Rui and Reeves if I understand our cap situation. Or at least get D'Lo out and get some kind of compensation for him (like if he ends up in a team like Toronto or Orlando we need to get someone to add to the rotation).
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#112 » by stan francisco » Sun May 21, 2023 3:05 pm

Can’t wait for him to not ever wear a Lakers uniform again. D Lo = free buckets. It should be pretty clear to everyone by now that Denver attacked D Lo’s flank on practically every offensive set and basically shot over a chair at will.

No contact D Lo needs to go. I’d tell him to sit the next game out, give the minutes to somebody who cares to compete.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,237

Post#113 » by GopherIt! » Mon May 22, 2023 7:29 am

stan francisco wrote:Can’t wait for him to not ever wear a Lakers uniform again. D Lo = free buckets. It should be pretty clear to everyone by now that Denver attacked D Lo’s flank on practically every offensive set and basically shot over a chair at will.

No contact D Lo needs to go. I’d tell him to sit the next game out, give the minutes to somebody who cares to compete.

his effort on D is a joke. lives up to his nickname DLol.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by stan francisco » Mon May 22, 2023 6:07 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Can’t wait for him to not ever wear a Lakers uniform again. D Lo = free buckets. It should be pretty clear to everyone by now that Denver attacked D Lo’s flank on practically every offensive set and basically shot over a chair at will.

his effort on D is a joke. lives up to his nickname DLol.

D No is better because if he’s on your team, it ain’t that funny.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager

Post#115 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon May 22, 2023 6:20 pm

The new gameplan should be this imo;

-- Resign Reeves and Rui by all means necessary. Both these guys are still improving. Rui started playing basketball very late and he is a late bloomer. Reeves is showing a level of skill and bball iq that makes me think he'll be one of those guards who peaks in their late 20s and early 30s.

-Trade Beasley and the 17th pick for a 2 way guard; Playmaking shouldn't be a priority; Shooting and defense should. Allow Reeves to take on the second playmaker role. Someone like FVV would be perfect .

- Resign Schroder with MMLE if possible. This team has something good going on. Let's add some continuity to it, instead of going into next season with a brand new roster.

FVV/Schroder/ Pippen JR
Reeves/Christie
Lebron/
Vando/Rui
AD

- Obviously you let Bamba go, and you let DLO go
- Need to fill out the roster with minimum guys and maybe buy a second round pick/find an undrafted piece
- Try to keep Brown and Gabriel if they are willing to sign minimums
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager

Post#116 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon May 22, 2023 6:22 pm

Spens1 wrote:

Think we need to trade him out to resign Rui and Reeves if I understand our cap situation. Or at least get D'Lo out and get some kind of compensation for him (like if he ends up in a team like Toronto or Orlando we need to get someone to add to the rotation).

It would be great if we could get something for him, but I think given our cap situation we might be better off just letting him go, epsecially if we could find a decent trade for Beasley and/or pick.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,019

Post#117 » by SweetTouch » Tue May 23, 2023 3:29 am

Watching the replay

All Denver did was double off dennis especially the second half

Sad

Oh well d lo wouldn’t have made the shots either way and dennis plays better defense
Stop being so disrespectful.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#118 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue May 23, 2023 1:52 pm

Ball so hard wrote:

I was a huge D'Lo fan earlier on as well. But to my huge surprise he just fell flat on his ass. Vando was bad as well, but that one is a bit easier to accept given his age and that he's paid a fraction of what D'Lo is getting.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by stan francisco » Tue May 23, 2023 7:50 pm

Didn’t Vando have an ankle roll?

D Lo has never played defense, ever. It should be no surprise to anyone who watches defense.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#120 » by Jaykoolzboy » Tue May 23, 2023 9:09 pm

I was wondering why GSW just desperately want to get rid of him during his half season tenure there. They were crying for another scorer and shooter besides Curry also. Now I see why , DLo isn't suitable for big moments, fantastic RS player , but not a winner. Steve Kerr probably seek it thru during his time there

Return to Los Angeles Lakers