I can’t wait for the Lakers to sign D’Lo

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,322

Re: I can’t wait for the Lakers to sign D’Lo 

Post#61 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:24 am

DLo is worth 4/100m, if he can be had for that then take him..

22.1, 23.9, 25.9, 28.1
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#62 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:08 pm

zimpy27 wrote:DLo is worth 4/100m, if he can be had for that then take him..

22.1, 23.9, 25.9, 28.1

You gotta be kidding me. You have a lot better players that can give them that contract. That's locked yourself in a 6th man player on a contender team
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#63 » by urinesane » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:09 pm

22.1, 23.9, 25.9, 28.1

I doubt he takes less than that, but you will not be happy with what he provides for that amount of money.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,236

Post#64 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:24 pm

Since LeBron came to the lakers, he's averaging 54 games played a season... Over the last 4 seasons, that's roughly what DLo is averaging as well...
With AD averaging 47 games, that's a whole lot of missed games from your best 3 guys...

Maybe we need to consider that before paying full market value for DLo...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by urinesane » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:57 pm

Kilroy wrote:Since LeBron came to the lakers, he's averaging 54 games played a season... Over the last 4 seasons, that's roughly what DLo is averaging as well...
With AD averaging 47 games, that's a whole lot of missed games from your best 3 guys...

Maybe we need to consider that before paying full market value for DLo...

Also the fact that you'll need to hide him on defense (and offenses in the playoffs will try to exploit him).

The difference between not only the defensive play, but also how much more smoothly the offense runs with Conley vs DLo is night and day for the Wolves.

He would be great in Beasley's role, but I doubt he'd ever accept that (and the money Beasley makes).
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,870

Post#66 » by dockingsched » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:35 am

Lakers didn’t trade anything of real value for him, don’t have an obligation to him, have games still left to evaluate, still need to see what other teams may offer, need to see what they’ll want to do, need to see what DLo is willing to accept….and yet here we have people are talking about his future like it’s some urgent issue.

Might as well go create a thread dissecting every weakness in Rui, Vanderbilt, and Beasley and how the lakers better not overpay them. It would be equally as head scratching as to why it merits so much attention and scrutiny.

Guys are pointing out DLo’s weaknesses as if the lakers would’ve had any chance of trading for him if he didn’t have them.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#67 » by stan francisco » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:41 am

All I’m saying is why even talk about re-signing a player in the summer, who only plays one end…?

Cut his price in half for playing half the game. His defense suggests he’s a third stringer. I would obviously not re-sign him.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,313

Post#68 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:46 pm

stan francisco wrote:All I’m saying is why even talk about re-signing a player in the summer, who only plays one end…?

Cut his price in half for playing half the game. His defense suggests he’s a third stringer. I would obviously not re-sign him.

Not sure if you read my original thread, but I suggested that they sign.. then trade him hopefully for a useful player so you just don't lose him for NOTHING.
It's going to take another Jedi-mind trick from Rob again. Teams like Charlotte, Washington, Houston. My pipe dream is FVV but I don't think Masai is that stupid to take D'Lo. Hopefully one or two of Net's 3&D guys like DFS or Royce O'Neale. PJ Washington?
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by urinesane » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:55 pm

dockingsched wrote:Lakers didn’t trade anything of real value for him, don’t have an obligation to him, have games still left to evaluate, still need to see what other teams may offer, need to see what they’ll want to do, need to see what DLo is willing to accept….and yet here we have people are talking about his future like it’s some urgent issue.

Might as well go create a thread dissecting every weakness in Rui, Vanderbilt, and Beasley and how the lakers better not overpay them. It would be equally as head scratching as to why it merits so much attention and scrutiny.

Guys are pointing out DLo’s weaknesses as if the lakers would’ve had any chance of trading for him if he didn’t have them.

Didn't you trade a 1st round pick to get rid of Westbrook's terrible contract and rent DLo for a few months (though the best part of that trade for LA imo is Vando/Beasley)?

They certainly don't have to re-sign him, but if not then what's the plan? They could have just let Westbrook walk at the end of the season.

I could see a scenario where they go after Kyrie in a S&T for DLo (though I don't think Dallas would be too happy about that). Otherwise you lose him for nothing? It's a tough spot mainly because he thinks he's a top guy and deserves that kind of money when he isn't really capable of being the 3rd best guy on a contender.

Vando/Beasley are getting fair compensation for what they bring to the table, DLo still think's he's a franchise cornerstone and unless he humbles himself, wants to get paid like it.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#70 » by Jody Smokz » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:58 pm

May not even get that. What teams are in competition with LA to spend 100M or have 22M in cap to throw at DLo as their get this offseason?

urinesane wrote:

22.1, 23.9, 25.9, 28.1

I doubt he takes less than that, but you will not be happy with what he provides for that amount of money.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by urinesane » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:05 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:May not even get that. What teams are in competition with LA to spend 100M or have 22M in cap to throw at DLo as their get this offseason?

urinesane wrote:

22.1, 23.9, 25.9, 28.1

That's my point though, he's not worth that amount. Doesn't mean he'll take less money, it just means that he may not sign with the Lakers unless they pay him what he thinks he deserves.

Keep in mind that stats wise he's had a decent looking season, but imo he doesn't move the needle enough for a franchise like the Lakers that expects to be competing for championships each season.

It's a tough spot unless somehow DLo makes a team friendly deal (which honestly I just don't see as part of his character).

His ego and unwillingness to adapt to what a team NEEDS (and improve his defense) is what has caused every team he's been on to trade him so far in his career.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,322

Post#72 » by zimpy27 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:15 am

urinesane wrote:
Jody Smokz wrote:May not even get that. What teams are in competition with LA to spend 100M or have 22M in cap to throw at DLo as their get this offseason?

urinesane wrote:

That's my point though, he's not worth that amount. Doesn't mean he'll take less money, it just means that he may not sign with the Lakers unless they pay him what he thinks he deserves.

Keep in mind that stats wise he's had a decent looking season, but imo he doesn't move the needle enough for a franchise like the Lakers that expects to be competing for championships each season.

It's a tough spot unless somehow DLo makes a team friendly deal (which honestly I just don't see as part of his character).

His ego and unwillingness to adapt to what a team NEEDS (and improve his defense) is what has caused every team he's been on to trade him so far in his career.

It's only 16% of salary cap. His last contract was 25% of salary cap.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#73 » by That_Casual » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:45 am

urinesane wrote:

22.1, 23.9, 25.9, 28.1

18/6 on 40% from 3.
I’ll take that.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#74 » by That_Casual » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:48 am

stan francisco wrote:All I’m saying is why even talk about re-signing a player in the summer, who only plays one end…?

And judging by what you’d have the rotation be thank christ you’re not the one making decisions
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#75 » by That_Casual » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:55 am

I’ll bite… for the fools who don’t want us to resign an 18/6 averaging 26 year old point guard … who would you realistically want then?

Which point guard is out there who’s available is a better option than D’Lo? By the way we’re 4-0 with Dlo/Bron/Ad… almost like having a knockdown floor spacing playmaker is useful next to Bron and Ad.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,236

Post#76 » by Kilroy » Sat Apr 1, 2023 6:58 pm

That_Casual wrote:I’ll bite… for the fools who don’t want us to resign an 18/6 averaging 26 year old point guard … who would you realistically want then?

Which point guard is out there who’s available is a better option than D’Lo? By the way we’re 4-0 with Dlo/Bron/Ad… almost like having a knockdown floor spacing playmaker is useful next to Bron and Ad.

I'll bite too... Why do you think it's cool to be so obnoxious and condescending in your posts when your post count is scrub-tier?

Calling people fools, insulting posters... Not a terrific look or start for you here. Tone it down.

Honestly, there's been a lot of overt rudeness on this forum lately from the same couple posters. This is the last informal warning I'm going to give before strikes start getting handed out freely.

-Kilroy

Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#77 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sat Apr 1, 2023 10:27 pm

That_Casual wrote:I’ll bite… for the fools who don’t want us to resign an 18/6 averaging 26 year old point guard … who would you realistically want then?

Yeah and Lebron is 39 and AD injury prone. And D'Angelo is not a starting caliber point guard on a championship team or a player to sign him a long contract for a ton of millions I give that contract even to Reaves before. You don't get stuck in a player like him to lead something for multiple years if you want to win the championship. You didn't learnt from Westbrook or what. If you sign him to trade for a better guard or a star then is understandable. Btw if that star is Irving then no
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#78 » by zuju » Sun Apr 2, 2023 7:03 am

Signing Dlo to a 20-25M/year contract would be a reasonable deal. There is no much player better suit AD and James than him out there. A 3-pt threat who can handle the ball and run offense. Both On and Off ball threat.

His defense is poor and will not improve. This is the major draw back. That holds him from getting any max money from any team.

Trade him if the right deal comes as in the WB situation. At least, he is helping the team with positive impact.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#79 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Apr 3, 2023 7:56 pm

His offensive skill sets are perfect for this team next to James and AD, you are mentioning his glowing stats but there are other facts that you are failing or ignoring to acknowledge. Since he got here on Feb 11, he already missed 8 CRUCIAL games, sat again the 2nd half of yesterday's games, that's roughly 40% of the games.
Last season he missed 28 games, before that 14 games, The year before 17, then 40 missed games.
I find his "toughness" questionable, not a few including me think he can gut it out and could have played more games, but the fact remains that he can't stay healthy.
Then another issue that 4 teams in his 7 short career years have CHOSEN to ship him somewhere else.
Lakers was 30th in DRTG when he played here then improved to 12th best after he left.
He did great in Brooklyn and still they decided to trade him to accomodate 2 primadonnas.
GSW didn't want to lose KD for nothing took him in. With no more KD, injured Steph and Klay, they were very desperate for scoring and STILL DECIDED to part with him after 33 games, electing to absorb an overpriced underachiever instead. 2 seasons later GSW won it all !!!
TWolves finally got to the playoffs with him but the following year, they decided they would rather have an aging 35 year old instead of him.
don't you see a pattern here?
Let me ask you this, when was the last time you saw him DIVE TO THE FLOOR to get that ball? Schroder would do it 3/4 times every game, D'Lo?
His defense is not that great either.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#80 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Apr 3, 2023 8:02 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:

His offensive skill sets are perfect for this team next to James and AD, you are mentioning his glowing stats but there are other facts that you are failing or ignoring to acknowledge. Since he got here on Feb 11, he already missed 8 CRUCIAL games, sat again the 2nd half of yesterday's games, that's roughly 40% of the games.
Last season he missed 28 games, before that 14 games, The year before 17, then 40 missed games.
I find his "toughness" questionable, not a few including me think he can gut it out and could have played more games, but the fact remains that he can't stay healthy.
Then another issue that 4 teams in his 7 short career years have CHOSEN to ship him somewhere else.
Lakers was 30th in DRTG when he played here then improved to 12th best after he left.
He did great in Brooklyn and still they decided to trade him to accomodate 2 primadonnas.
GSW didn't want to lose KD for nothing took him in. With no more KD, injured Steph and Klay, they were very desperate for scoring and STILL DECIDED to part with him after 33 games, electing to absorb an overpriced underachiever instead. 2 seasons later GSW won it all !!!
TWolves finally got to the playoffs with him but the following year, they decided they would rather have an aging 35 year old instead of him.
don't you see a pattern here?
Let me ask you this, when was the last time you saw him DIVE TO THE FLOOR to get that ball? Schroder would do it 3/4 times every game, D'Lo?
His defense is not that great either.

So I have trust issues but having said all that, I don't mind signing him for 25 Mil per year but only for 3 years max but I'm not sure D'Lo would find that sufficient. They can pay him more but I really want to cap it at 3 years, with a team option on the 3rd year.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers