Let him go or trade In off season -comment
25%

Total votes: 12

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,335

Let's talk about DLO, are Lakers building around Him? Thread Poll #2 

Post#1 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:51 am

I've been getting really worried last couple seasons about Lakers signing the wrong players In hoping to please Bron for another chip; B.Beal, J.Wall etc just to name a couple, Westbrook unfortunately didn't work and I was one of few "If only one haha" who liked him and still do as a player and being on the Lakers:) - Rock the Baby Russ. <> Stay off the Russ topic please and have respect :)
The last player I haven't mentioned Is Kyrie Irving - Not a fan and never will be, great player, great talent no doubt, But Is he worth getting on the Lakers hell NO! Off court dramas do you really want that for 1-4 years as no doubt he will demand max contract, on top of that If you're going to get Kyrie you pretty much have to get rid of everyone on Lakers and 'Ride or Die' with a big 3 of Bron/Kyrie/AD and a bunch of vet mins - everyone will be gone including fan fav Reaves and while that might sound good, but no way those 3 staying healthy all year long and can you really put up with them being on Injured list or load management - I can certainly not.

Thankfully though with the trade b4 deadline and the new additions that's been added

DLO, Vendo, Rui, Bamba

I really don't think Lakers going to try and get Kyrie now and might even consider building around DLO, now much like Kyrie, I'm not a fan and probably won't be at all, due to earlier years, but yes his grown up and a much better baller, I think DLO Is a good Number 2 and even 3 option but building around him as a Number 1 option I'm not really sold on this and hope Lakers aren't doing it, but I've seen and heard things here and there, they might, mostly on the net, but they say don't always believe what you see on the net right?

So I'm curious to know what are all your thoughts about building the team possibly around DLO and AD "POST BRON" - I'm not sure this Is wise, they would have to get a really good depth team and be able to play 14-15 players solid every night for this to work OR they have to find a number 1 option guy and that's not going to be easy, espcially If you still want to keep DLO/AD

What are your thoughts On Dlo's Contract, He Is In his final year of 4 year $117 million dollar contract I think?

So how much you willing to pay him? I really have no idea what he Is worth, but think he prob want around the $25 mil mark or something?

Edit: forgot about random highlights of DLO on youtube

My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Re: Let's talk about DLO, are Lakers building around Him? Thread Poll #2 

Post#2 » by That_Casual » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:15 pm

He’s a #3 or #4 player. AD would ideally be a #3 or at most #2 due to consistency issues.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#3 » by mighty_duck » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:24 pm

D'Lo is not a guy you build around. He'd have a tough time cracking the #3 spot on any recent contender, which means at best he's a #4 option on a good team.
The problem is that he will expect to be paid like a #2 option, like his last contract.
If we can sign him to around 15-20M per year, he can stay. Otherwise, he's trade fodder.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#4 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:19 am

mighty_duck wrote:D'Lo is not a guy you build around. He'd have a tough time cracking the #3 spot on any recent contender, which means at best he's a #4 option on a good team.
The problem is that he will expect to be paid like a #2 option, like his last contract.
If we can sign him to around 15-20M per year, he can stay. Otherwise, he's trade fodder.

100% agree, I hope they aren't building around him and unless he wants less I say trade him let him go. I just remember reading some where that he was wanting around $25 mil and that's crazy talk IMO

I'm a Kobe fan
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,099

Post#5 » by dockingsched » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:52 am

With Lebron and AD who barely turned 30, why in the world would you ask if the Lakers are building around DLo? I swear this board smh
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#6 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:01 am

dockingsched wrote:With Lebron and AD who barely turned 30, why in the world would you ask if the Lakers are building around DLo? I swear this board smh

I said Post Bron somewhere ? LOL I did. In poll :) Meaning after Bron

Edit: Bron only got another year as Lakers IMO next year, Lakers will be signing DLO to some contract and might be looking to start over after Bron :) probably keeping AD unless a trade comes along they can't refuse and most likely will build around DLO/AD unless a trade of some sort happens

I'm a Kobe fan
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#7 » by That_Casual » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:11 am

mighty_duck wrote:D'Lo is not a guy you build around. He'd have a tough time cracking the #3 spot on any recent contender, which means at best he's a #4 option on a good team.

He’s been 18/6 and shooting 40% from 3 for us.

He’s good enough to be a #3 if he maintains that. Who on the 2020 was better than D’Lo as #3.

I agree at $30m+ he’s overpaid but for 25m that’s about fair. Malik Beasley is getting $15m ffs and he’s a much better player than him.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#8 » by That_Casual » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:15 am

SlimShady83 wrote:

100% agree, I hope they aren't building around him and unless he wants less I say trade him let him go. I just remember reading some where that he was wanting around $25 mil and that's crazy talk IMO

How is $25m crazy talk for a starting point guard that gives you 18/6 and shoots 40% from 3?

Spencer Dinwiddie gets 20.
Terry Rozier gets 22.
Malcolm Brogdan gets 23.
Mike Conley gets 23.
Kyle Lowry gets 28.

Which starting point is out there who the Lakers could sign is better than D’Lo for $25m or less?
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#9 » by chefy » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:32 am

We’re rebuilding post Lebron. Get younger and faster.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,975

Post#10 » by Landsberger » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:35 am

A better question is why did NJ, GS, MN and us the first time not build around him. I think you'll find your answer there.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#11 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:48 am

Landsberger wrote:A better question is why did NJ, GS, MN and us the first time not build around him. I think you'll find your answer there.

I like that thinking, like I said I'm not a fan of him, don't like him don't hate him kind of neutral atm and not sure It's a good idea of them building around him OR AD for that matter, neither AD or DLO are number 1 options but If Lakers are keeping both and signing them after Bron, What other number 1 options are there - although I'm liking "new Idea" people floating around saying Luka could and I state could end up leaving Mavs with recent struggles and fans booing him etc, but that's probably a pipe dream after Bron retires HAHA

Lakers will end up signing IMO; Reaves, DLO, Vendo and Rui to some sort of contracts - It's going to be an interesting off season to see who gets what and for how much etc ... Who Lakers let walk and/or trade ...

I'm a Kobe fan
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#12 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:49 am

That_Casual wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:

How is $25m crazy talk for a starting point guard that gives you 18/6 and shoots 40% from 3?

Terry Rozier gets 22.
Malcolm Brogdan gets 23.
Mike Conley gets 23.
Kyle Lowry gets 28.

Which starting point is out there who the Lakers could sign is better than D’Lo for $25m or less?

I would offer him $20m ... First priority Is signing Reaves and see what they can get to keep Reaves, then and only then you see about DLO's contract In the off season, but as stated Reaves should be first priority above anyone else can't let him walk like Caruso - fans won't be happy

I'm a Kobe fan
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#13 » by Vae Victus » Sat Apr 1, 2023 6:59 am

4 years 100 mil is the most i'd offer. Solid starting PG salary, honestly what team out there with cap space is willing to give him a bag bigger than that. DLo can be a solid #3 option, but he doesnt have the consistency or defensive impact to merit a larger deal. At 25ish mil a year, he's paid around what he should be with the upcoming cap jumps and be reasonable salary filler if another superstar wants to force their way to LAL after LBJ retires to play with AD.

Remember the only reason DLo got himself a max deal was to be a S&T salary match for KD. On the open market, he wasnt that sought after and his lone All Star season was on a middling BRK team that didnt have any other option but to feed him usage. Whoever gives him a bigger bag is gonna regret it, he's only really been efficient from the field during his contract years.

The first 2 priorities this offseason is retaining Austin Reaves, it TOTALLY sucks we dont have RFA rights on him, some team is gonna throw a sizable bag at him if he keeps up his season into the playoffs. He's turning himself into a potential #3 option at his current trajectory, need to try to lock him up on a Caruso sized deal ASAP, possibly 4/55 type of deal. 2nd priority is to lock up DLo on a reasonable 4/100 deal or try to S&T him elsewhere for better talent. With the emergence of Austin Reaves and Kyrie demands out of DAL, i wouldnt be shocked if Pelinka tries to do S&T DLo + either Bamba/Beasley + SRPs for S&T Kyrie. It's the ultimate win now move for Lebron as Kyrie is clearly 2 steps up over DLo and Lebron is likely the only guy who can sorta contain his antics. A LBJ/AD/Kyrie core will be interesting, especially with role players like Reaves, Beasley?, Vando, Bamba?, etc supporting em. Resign some guys like Shroeder, Brown, Wenyen, Walker for cheap depth as well.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#14 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:28 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:

Terry Rozier gets 22.
Malcolm Brogdan gets 23.
Mike Conley gets 23.
Kyle Lowry gets 28.

I would offer him $20m ... First priority Is signing Reaves and see what they can get to keep Reaves, then and only then you see about DLO's contract In the off season, but as stated Reaves should be first priority above anyone else can't let him walk like Caruso - fans won't be happy

I’ll take the basketball opinions of someone who thinks LeBron James is 3rd team all time with a pinch of salt, thanks
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#15 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:30 am

Vae Victus wrote:4 years 100 mil is the most i'd offer. Solid starting PG salary, honestly what team out there with cap space is willing to give him a bag bigger than that. DLo can be a solid #3 option, but he doesnt have the consistency or defensive impact to merit a larger deal. At 25ish mil a year, he's paid around what he should be with the upcoming cap jumps and be reasonable salary filler if another superstar wants to force their way to LAL after LBJ retires to play with AD.

Remember the only reason DLo got himself a max deal was to be a S&T salary match for KD. On the open market, he wasnt that sought after and his lone All Star season was on a middling BRK team that didnt have any other option but to feed him usage. Whoever gives him a bigger bag is gonna regret it, he's only really been efficient from the field during his contract years.

The first 2 priorities this offseason is retaining Austin Reaves, it TOTALLY sucks we dont have RFA rights on him, some team is gonna throw a sizable bag at him if he keeps up his season into the playoffs. He's turning himself into a potential #3 option at his current trajectory, need to try to lock him up on a Caruso sized deal ASAP, possibly 4/55 type of deal. 2nd priority is to lock up DLo on a reasonable 4/100 deal or try to S&T him elsewhere for better talent. With the emergence of Austin Reaves and Kyrie demands out of DAL, i wouldnt be shocked if Pelinka tries to do S&T DLo + either Bamba/Beasley + SRPs for S&T Kyrie. It's the ultimate win now move for Lebron as Kyrie is clearly 2 steps up over DLo and Lebron is likely the only guy who can sorta contain his antics. A LBJ/AD/Kyrie core will be interesting, especially with role players like Reaves, Beasley?, Vando, Bamba?, etc supporting em. Resign some guys like Shroeder, Brown, Wenyen, Walker for cheap depth as well.

No offence but you don’t really seem to understand the impact of a salary cap and/or the restrictions of a sign and trade
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#16 » by Vae Victus » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:49 am

That_Casual wrote:No offence but you don’t really seem to understand the impact of a salary cap and/or the restrictions of a sign and trade

Please do explain how my reasoning and suggested deals are illegal. If you disagree with value assessment in trades or contract extensions, then say so, but i'm pretty sure the deals i've posted are all legal. DLo was S&T from BRK to GSW in exchange for KD and there's no reason why the Lakers cant execute something similar with DAL, assuming Kyrie really wants out and Cuban is willing to made a deal to get any sort of assets back.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#17 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 10:51 am

Vae Victus wrote:
That_Casual wrote:No offence but you don’t really seem to understand the impact of a salary cap and/or the restrictions of a sign and trade

Please do explain how my reasoning and suggested deals are illegal. If you disagree with value assessment in trades or contract extensions, then say so, but i'm pretty sure the deals i've posted are all legal. DLo was S&T from BRK to GSW in exchange for KD and there's no reason why the Lakers cant execute something similar with DAL, assuming Kyrie really wants out and Cuban is willing to made a deal to get any sort of assets back.

Because a s&t hard caps the team at the apron which will be about 169m next season. It would basically mean the team would be Bron/AD/Kyrie then maybe Reaves and Rui and the rest would need to be vet mins and a MLE player.

Outside of the sign and trade you then talk about bringing back a load of guys on ‘cheap’ deals. Yeah… the cap exists. It would be impossible with a s&t but even without that it would be impossible. The MLE would need to go to one of them, day TBJ. The rest… the ONLY way would be on vet mins. Why would Schroder take another vet min? Why would Walker take a vet min? Wenyen MIGHT. But it’s impossibly to bring back TBJ, Dennis and Lonnie.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#18 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 6:28 pm

lmao

I'm a Kobe fan

Return to Los Angeles Lakers