ImageImageImageImageImage

What’s The Malik Beasley Trade This Offseason?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

What’s The Malik Beasley Trade This Offseason? 

Post#1 » by That_Casual » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:03 pm

Clearly we should be upgrading on Beasley. So what’s the move? Look at minor upgrade or try to find somebody who’s a substantial upgrade and include the 29’ first round pick?

I’d be content with a move for someone like a Gary Harris tbh. Can shoot the 3 and is a better defender than Beasley. You’d maybe need to throw in a second rounder but nothing major.

There is then the possibility of someone like Buddy Hield, or Bogdan Bogdanovic.

Trent Jr was who I wanted at the deadline but that ship has sailed unless he takes up his PO as we won’t hard cap ourselves in a S&T.

There are other but we probably don’t have the draft assets to get them like Huerter, or Derrick White.

Really not sure who else there is but a new 3 and D two guard in place of Beasley is priority number one in the trade market this off season on my view. Reggie Bullock, Ochai Agbaji, KCP… not sure who else is realistic?
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Re: What’s The Malik Beasley Trade This Offseason? 

Post#2 » by Pythagoras » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:45 pm

That_Casual wrote:There is then the possibility of someone like Buddy Hield, or Bogdan

Either one of these two would do, but you’d likely need to package Bamba with Beasley to get er done.
Numbers rule the universe.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#3 » by That_Casual » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:48 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
That_Casual wrote:There is then the possibility of someone like Buddy Hield, or Bogdan

Either one of these two would do, but you’d likely need to package Bamba with Beasley to get er done.

Beasley and Reed would match the salary. Are either of them good enough on defence?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#4 » by stan francisco » Sat Apr 1, 2023 12:22 am

Beasley and D Lo for FVV.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#5 » by Pythagoras » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:09 am

That_Casual wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Beasley and Reed would match the salary. Are either of them good enough on defence?

Neither are much to write home about defensively, but both would add a tremendous amount of firepower offensively. And it’s not like they’d be losing anything defensively with Beasley leaving
Numbers rule the universe.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,235

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:45 am

I'm not ready to give up on Beasley yet... He may not be figuring it out here yet, but like Rui, there's untapped potential there... And we don't really need to upgrade there right now...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,250

Post#7 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 6:13 am

After signing; Reaves, DLO, Rui, Vendo how much will Lakers have left to sign Beasley ??? What Is he worth, he too streaky to be worried about b4 those 4 players that are going to be signed- Even Troy Brown JR might be signed b4 Beasley
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#8 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:33 am

stan francisco wrote:Beasley and D Lo for FVV.

Yeah lets hard cap ourselves for Fred Van Vleet.

Bro, piss off with your DLo hate
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#9 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:34 am

Kilroy wrote:I'm not ready to give up on Beasley yet... He may not be figuring it out here yet, but like Rui, there's untapped potential there... And we don't really need to upgrade there right now...

How on earth do we not need to upgrade? It’s PAINFULLY clear it’s our weakest position.

Untapped potential? He literally offers nothing other than chucking 3s. Even if he comes a good shooter his ceiling is like Joe Harris level.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#10 » by DanishLakerFan » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:43 am

I would bring back everyone and see what the market is for Beasley. He's on the books for 16.5M and we'd have the 2023 FRP as well as two more first rounders to add in a trade. As good as he is of a shooter i think there are other solid options out there.

A few examples:
Beasley and 2023 FRP to Indy for Buddy Hield. Buddy would play well next to either of Reaves and D-LO.
Beasley and 2023 FRP + to Portland for Jerami Grant (s/t).
Beasley and 2023 FRP + 2 future FRPs for OG Anunoby.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#11 » by DanishLakerFan » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:44 am

SlimShady83 wrote:After signing; Reaves, DLO, Rui, Vendo how much will Lakers have left to sign Beasley ??? What Is he worth, he too streaky to be worried about b4 those 4 players that are going to be signed- Even Troy Brown JR might be signed b4 Beasley

He's on the books for next season.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#12 » by ROballer » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:45 am

Although I agree in the need to trade Beasley, it's not our weakest position.

Beasley is a bench scrub. Microwave offense in limited minutes. That's his ceiling on this team.

You're not paying Reaves tens of millions of dollars to come off the bench ever again.

He has earned that starting, 30+ minutes a game role. You don't need to overthink the process of getting another player here at any cost. We are good as it is.

If you trade Beasley, you do it to get another player who is more consistent with his shot and ideally plays better defense...but still as a 20 min man off the bench.

Nobody is taking Reaves' spot.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#13 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 10:56 am

ROballer wrote:Although I agree in the need to trade Beasley, it's not our weakest position.

Beasley is a bench scrub. Microwave offense in limited minutes. That's his ceiling on this team.

You're not paying Reaves tens of millions of dollars to come off the bench ever again.

He has earned that starting, 30+ minutes a game role. You don't need to overthink the process of getting another player here at any cost. We are good as it is.

If you trade Beasley, you do it to get another player who is more consistent with his shot and ideally plays better defense...but still as a 20 min man off the bench.

To say Beasley is a bench scrub when he’s eating up $16.5m is kinda crazy.

You could literally package him with Reed and you have the ability to bring in a $23m player.

And they don’t need to be a bench player. If you do want bench players, fine, you could bring in two $11.5m players. But you could also bring on a quality starter and then move Reaves to the bench where he’s better as the leader of the 2nd unit, of you could rotate Austin and a new two guard. Reaves will get $13-15m. How exactly is that crazy to pay him to be a bench player but Beasley on $16.5m is fine? Rui will be around $12m as well next season. Reaves is good… to talk about him like he’s an untouchable starter is crazy.

If you’re willing to hard cap yourself for example then the S&T for Gary Trent Jr could be possible or you could bring in Buddy Hield to be a real sharpshooter.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#14 » by stan francisco » Sat Apr 1, 2023 11:19 am

That_Casual wrote:

Thanks! How friendly of you.

It’s not D Lo hate, just No D intolerance. His offense is good enough. He has ways to go before his defense is elite. If not elite on defense, buh-bye.

It’s strictly from a winning perspective. Defense wins rings. Last week he played hookie on defense, every possession. That spells Celtics or Clippers rings. I’m going to call it out.

His D effort was much better yesterday. Someone (LBJ and/or Ham) must’ve yelled at him. For real.

Offense-only self proclaimed stars should take a 50% pay cut because if not, they prevent their teams from winning.

Nothing personal. I just want my team to win, which requires defense better than the current Celtics, or they might add a championship this year.

Yes, pants-on-fire urgency.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#15 » by ROballer » Sat Apr 1, 2023 11:45 am

That_Casual wrote:
ROballer wrote:Although I agree in the need to trade Beasley, it's not our weakest position.

You could literally package him with Reed and you have the ability to bring in a $23m player.

And they don’t need to be a bench player. If you do want bench players, fine, you could bring in two $11.5m players. But you could also bring on a quality starter and then move Reaves to the bench where he’s better as the leader of the 2nd unit, of you could rotate Austin and a new two guard. Reaves will get $13-15m. How exactly is that crazy to pay him to be a bench player but Beasley on $16.5m is fine? Rui will be around $12m as well next season. Reaves is good… to talk about him like he’s an untouchable starter is crazy.

If you’re willing to hard cap yourself for example then the S&T for Gary Trent Jr could be possible or you could bring in Buddy Hield to be a real sharpshooter.
Beasley has played 10/10/27/18/19/25/22 minutes in the past 7 games.
And his minutes have been trending down since Lebron came back, not up.

He's the definition of a bench scrub right now.
**** his salary, how does that impact anything? Duncan Robinson makes even more and sees DNP's on the Heat.

It's about the role, not money made.

Reaves will get much more than 13-15 mil and he's a quality starting level player.

I'm not opposed to get a better player there but not guys who don't move the needle and are not even upgrades.

Buddy Hield is not a guy who's taking his role and minutes, if you think that than I'm sorry for you.

I'm not opposed in switching Beasley/Hield.
On the contrary. But Hield would be a 20-25 mins guy off the bench here, just like Beasley.

You're delusional if you think he's an upgrade over Reaves or if you think a Hield caliber player will downgrade his role and starting position/minutes.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#16 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:12 pm

stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Thanks! How friendly of you.

It’s not D Lo hate, just No D intolerance. His offense is good enough. He has ways to go before his defense is elite. If not elite on defense, buh-bye.

It’s strictly from a winning perspective. Defense wins rings. Last week he played hookie on defense, every possession. That spells Celtics or Clippers rings. I’m going to call it out.

His D effort was much better yesterday. Someone (LBJ and/or Ham) must’ve yelled at him. For real.

Offense-only self proclaimed stars should take a 50% pay cut because if not, they prevent their teams from winning.

Nothing personal. I just want my team to win, which requires defense better than the current Celtics, or they might add a championship this year.

Yes, pants-on-fire urgency.

Strange then we have the #1 defence in the league with D’Lo huh?

Trade LeBron as well I assume because he clearly isn’t great on defence any more.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#17 » by That_Casual » Sat Apr 1, 2023 2:18 pm

ROballer wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Beasley has played 10/10/27/18/19/25/22 minutes in the past 7 games.
And his minutes have been trending down since Lebron came back, not up.

He's the definition of a bench scrub right now.
**** his salary, how does that impact anything? Duncan Robinson makes even more and sees DNP's on the Heat.

It's about the role, not money made.

Reaves will get much more than 13-15 mil and he's a quality starting level player.

I'm not opposed to get a better player there but not guys who don't move the needle and are not even upgrades.

Buddy Hield is not a guy who's taking his role and minutes, if you think that than I'm sorry for you.

I'm not opposed in switching Beasley/Hield.
On the contrary. But Hield would be a 20-25 mins guy off the bench here, just like Beasley.

You're delusional if you think he's an upgrade over Reaves or if you think a Hield caliber player will downgrade his role and starting position/minutes.

No. Reaves won’t get much more than $15m. Who’s paying him much more than that based on one pretty good season? The likes of Markannen and Sabonis make 15-20 so who the **** is paying Reaves more than that? He’s a 12/5 player who plays ok defence. Nobody is paying more than $15m for that. He’s a really good role player. That’s it at the moment.

Beasley sucks. There are countless guys who are upgrades on him. Upgrading does move the needle. If we’re banking on Austin Reaves to be our undisputed starter next season because of one pretty good breakthrough season then we’re insane.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,882

Post#18 » by SK21209 » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:01 pm

With Reaves blossoming and Christie looking capable of being a rotation player in the near future, I’m not sure if the best use of Beasley’s salary slot is upgrading to another SG.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,235

Post#19 » by Kilroy » Sat Apr 1, 2023 6:49 pm

That_Casual wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I'm not ready to give up on Beasley yet... He may not be figuring it out here yet, but like Rui, there's untapped potential there... And we don't really need to upgrade there right now...

How on earth do we not need to upgrade? It’s PAINFULLY clear it’s our weakest position.

Untapped potential? He literally offers nothing other than chucking 3s. Even if he comes a good shooter his ceiling is like Joe Harris level.

Because we'd not be upgrading Beasley, we'd be upgrading Reaves and DLo, who will both be getting the lion's share of those minutes...

Beasley is what he's always been, a streaky jump shooter... That type of player can take a while to work into a rotation, because not only does he need to get comfortable, the rest of the team needs to figure out when to get him the ball, so that it finds him in his spots...

He's been absolutely phenominal for us some games, it's just the last handful or so where he's made some defensive mistakes and his shot hasn't been falling. But he's not bad for a 3rd string SG/wing...

I'm not opposed to trading any of our guards honestly, but I just don't think focusing on Beasley as the position we need to bolster makes any sense...

We don't really have a starting C right now, for instance... I like Bamba, but I'm not sure he's the right option there.

Our best lineup is DLo, Reaves, Vandy, LeBron, AD... And that could be upgraded, but not by much... The backups are all solid too.. Schroder, Brown Jr, Rui, Bamba, LW4, and yes even Beasley... Along with Christie, etc...

I'm just not sure why people are so lazer focused on Beasley as the source of all problems right now...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#20 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sat Apr 1, 2023 9:34 pm

This is treasonous talk dude ain’t been on the team a full season yet

Return to Los Angeles Lakers