Alex Fudge signed to 2Way, as per Woj
free palestine
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Re: Lakers offseason 2023 

Post#602 » by Slava » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:32 pm

Yeah, he has flashes of elite wing defense but his numbers are so far from impressive that I’m not sure if he’s anything but a wild bet. However, Swider wasn’t developing into anything passable at anything but hit 3s at a decent clip so maybe he’s a placeholder for someone better.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#603 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:I’ve resigned myself to the fact that we will acquire a big at trade deadline (hopefully for jhs). When ad sits 20 games in the first half and we lose 15 of those pelinka will finally understand this isn’t tenable. As long as we get one for post season we good. I almost would rather the trade market than work w clowns like Hayes and wood but I guess sign them now and it’s a free option till the trade deadline to see if they pan out

Wouldn't make sense to trade JHS or any of the young guys unless the Lakers get a star player in return. Cost controlled contracts are super valuable more now than before with the new CBA.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#604 » by stan francisco » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:42 pm

Swider underwhelmed in his second summer league whereas a guy like Christie shone. He has a decent shot but I gave up on Swider as a future NBA player during this summer league. Wishing him luck but I think that was the right decision.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#605 » by TylersLakers » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:19 pm

I like Fudge. Reminds me of a New York Knicks Trevor Ariza. If we can get that guy knocking down some corner 3's, we'll have something in a couple years.
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#606 » by TylersLakers » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:25 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:I’ve resigned myself to the fact that we will acquire a big at trade deadline (hopefully for jhs). When ad sits 20 games in the first half and we lose 15 of those pelinka will finally understand this isn’t tenable. As long as we get one for post season we good. I almost would rather the trade market than work w clowns like Hayes and wood but I guess sign them now and it’s a free option till the trade deadline to see if they pan out

Who would be trade targets for us?

- DeAndre Ayton ($33M)
- Myles Turner ($21M)
- Clint Capela ($21M)
- Jarrett Allen ($20M)
- Nurkic ($17M) Puke
- Jonas Valanciunas ($15.4M)
- Steven Adams ($12.6M)
- Daniel Gafford ($12.4M)
- Kelly Olynyk ($12.1M)
- Isaiah Hartenstein ($9.2M)

Out of those, I'd want Turner, Capela, Gafford, Olynyk.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#607 » by stan francisco » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:18 am

TylersLakers wrote:

- DeAndre Ayton ($33M)
- Myles Turner ($21M)
- Clint Capela ($21M)
- Jarrett Allen ($20M)
- Nurkic ($17M) Puke
- Steven Adams ($12.6M)
- Kelly Olynyk ($12.1M)

Steven Adams, please!

Defense. We have enough offense.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#608 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:57 am

TylersLakers wrote:

- DeAndre Ayton ($33M)
- Myles Turner ($21M)
- Clint Capela ($21M)
- Jarrett Allen ($20M)
- Nurkic ($17M) Puke
- Steven Adams ($12.6M)
- Kelly Olynyk ($12.1M)

What are some of the trades you think are worth it for both sides?
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#609 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:05 am

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

- DeAndre Ayton ($33M)
- Myles Turner ($21M)
- Clint Capela ($21M)
- Jarrett Allen ($20M)
- Nurkic ($17M) Puke
- Steven Adams ($12.6M)
- Kelly Olynyk ($12.1M)

In the trades for the guys I’ve mentioned - we know what it’s probably gonna be especially for a guy like Turner.

The trade chips: Vando, D-Lo, JHS, Lewis, Christie, the 2029 or 2030 1st and second round picks. I believe we have 5 or 6 tradable second round picks.

For Turner, I’d absolutely give up JHS, D-Lo, Christie and possibly a 1st.
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#610 » by DNP-Old » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:34 am

TylersLakers wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

- DeAndre Ayton ($33M)
- Myles Turner ($21M)
- Clint Capela ($21M)
- Jarrett Allen ($20M)
- Nurkic ($17M) Puke
- Steven Adams ($12.6M)
- Kelly Olynyk ($12.1M)

In the trades for the guys I’ve mentioned - we know what it’s probably gonna be especially for a guy like Turner.

The trade chips: Vando, D-Lo, JHS, Lewis, Christie, the 2029 or 2030 1st and second round picks. I believe we have 5 or 6 tradable second round picks.

The last thing Indy wants or needs is another guard, let alone three of them.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#611 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:22 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

- DeAndre Ayton ($33M)
- Myles Turner ($21M)
- Clint Capela ($21M)
- Jarrett Allen ($20M)
- Nurkic ($17M) Puke
- Steven Adams ($12.6M)
- Kelly Olynyk ($12.1M)

This is the problem. It’s hard to make a trade for one of these dudes that doesn’t leave a bigger hole at a more important position.

4 for 1 deals are very hard to pull off, almost never happen. Nobody has the needed 3 open roster spots to accommodate such a trade.

This trade would leave us disastrously short handed in the back court. Vincent and Reaves would have to play 44 minutes a night.

Plus you are putting all of your eggs into the Myles Turner basket. You’d have very little else to make any moves at a later date.

Turner just isn’t a dude that I’m destroying my back court and much of my future assets for.

Not to mention you just paid Rui 17 million now to get just 15 minutes a night PT off the bench. That’s terrible management…you should have just not resigned the guy if you are to pay him that much to play so little.

Center just isn’t that important of a position and it’s really hard to come up with any trade for a 20 million dollar center that makes any sense.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,271

Post#612 » by heezyo2o » Wed Aug 2, 2023 4:03 am

The team lacks shooting and scoring off the bench, so Dlo involved in a trade for turner doesn't make sense imo.

Dlo will be a more important piece than people think for next season
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#613 » by stan francisco » Wed Aug 2, 2023 1:18 pm

heezyo2o wrote:The team lacks shooting and scoring off the bench, so Dlo involved in a trade for turner doesn't make sense imo.

If we can trade him, yes. Otherwise I respectfully disagree 100%.

He scores easily and is a very talented basketball player offensively, but next possession they score on him even easier. He’s good at PnR but is more of a negative defending the PnR.

Playing defense that’s essentially 4 on 5 doesn’t hold up in the playoffs. We saw that in the Denver series where they kept scoring on D Lo until he was benched. Defense wins championships. Ask Steve Nash and Mike Antoni (no D).

D Lo’s lack of interest in defense also prevents defensive chemistry from developing over the first 82 games. He literally plays no-contact basketball on that end; hides in dead man’s land between the post and perimeter, on every possession.

As a third stringer off the bench? Sure. Too much $ for that.

Trade him for a bag of chips, or package him with a good player, cash and 10 future picks for Lillard.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#614 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 1:59 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:

The last thing Indy wants or needs is another guard, let alone three of them.

JHS, DLO, and vando... is more than enough for Turner. we can take back TJ in that deal
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#615 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 2:43 pm

better deal imo... JHS, vando. and D'Angelo for tyus and gafford...

I'd throw in a first round pick too

tyus should be targeted heavily... even try for D'Angelo, vando and pick swaps
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#616 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 3, 2023 12:46 am

DLO? Heck no, I would go Christie before that dude
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#617 » by heezyo2o » Thu Aug 3, 2023 12:51 am

stan francisco wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:The team lacks shooting and scoring off the bench, so Dlo involved in a trade for turner doesn't make sense imo.

He scores easily and is a very talented basketball player offensively, but next possession they score on him even easier. He’s good at PnR but is more of a negative defending the PnR.

Playing defense that’s essentially 4 on 5 doesn’t hold up in the playoffs. We saw that in the Denver series where they kept scoring on D Lo until he was benched. Defense wins championships. Ask Steve Nash and Mike Antoni (no D).

D Lo’s lack of interest in defense also prevents defensive chemistry from developing over the first 82 games. He literally plays no-contact basketball on that end; hides in dead man’s land between the post and perimeter, on every possession.

Trade him for a bag of chips, or package him with a good player, cash and 10 future picks for Lillard.

It's a long season and Dlo will be needed as either AD and Lebron either need rest or go down.

If he plays a smaller role come playoffs, then so be it. Lonnie wasn't known for his defense, but he was able to hit shots in the playoffs and that's all that really mattered.

The post was in regards to trading Dlo for turner. The AD and Lebron combo has been it's best with those two on the court and another wing and/or 3 guards. Even if you want a big, the coach will play a small lineup so getting rid of a guy that can create and hit 40% from 3 and not get something similar back would not make sense imo.
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#618 » by heezyo2o » Thu Aug 3, 2023 12:53 am

If you guys really want turner, then I'd rather have done the trade with westbrook last season
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#619 » by stan francisco » Thu Aug 3, 2023 3:37 am

heezyo2o wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

It's a long season and Dlo will be needed as either AD and Lebron either need rest or go down.

If he plays a smaller role come playoffs, then so be it. Lonnie wasn't known for his defense, but he was able to hit shots in the playoffs and that's all that really mattered.

The post was in regards to trading Dlo for turner. The AD and Lebron combo has been it's best with those two on the court and another wing and/or 3 guards. Even if you want a big, the coach will play a small lineup so getting rid of a guy that can create and hit 40% from 3 and not get something similar back would not make sense imo.

Props. Good points. I still think, however, that what D Lo brings on offense, we have in Reaves. And Reaves also plays defense on top of being a great playmaker, I’d argue on par with D Lo.

This makes D Lo prime for a trade, in my opinion. I’d be surprised if he’s not traded soon after December 15. His value in skill to other teams, which I recognize, could afford us the luck of trading small for big, which is something one should always do if possible.We need a $17M defensive C much more than we need a $17M offense only D Lo.

I’m well aware that I’m hard wired against offense-only players, and D Lo is arguably the worst wing defender in the league.So I’m biased that way.

However, I have nothing against D Lo as a person nor as a regular season offensive badass. As long as he’s on another team and not hampering our defensive chemistry build over 82 games, I’m okay with seeing Reaves get his minutes and role on offense.Playing 4 on 5 defense is detrimental to a successful playoffs run, in my opinion.

Edit: what I mean is not that Reaves plays the same style of ball as D Lo, but rather the function they fill are very similar. Stretch the perimeter, make pocket passes, stretch the post defense, mid range game if they collapse, the brains to manipulate all of the above… Both create the same problems for defenses even if D Lo looks waaaay smoother doing it, lol.

On the other end it’s not a contest. I’d trade D Lo for a $$17M big.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers