Chris Paul sweepstakes. Traded to the Wizards, most likely waived

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Re: Chris Paul waived by the Suns 

Post#21 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:47 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:Maybe I would take a look at CP mentoring Austin and having the same role as Rondo. I have to admit that CP has talent but my concern is that it seems that he has bad luck along with him. Always gets injured during the playoffs. But if we are getting CP I'd still prefer another starting caliber PG to be on the team. Just in case CP gets injured as it happens most of time.

Compared to any available free agents who are willing to take a vet minimum contract, I think he’s a bargain. They will really have to manage his load though like 20 minutes esp the playoffs. He also looked good when he played in the same team with Schroder so I’m hoping they rehire Dennis.
Great court vision and a great shooter/floor spacer and decent defender.
Austin, CP, and Dennis might not be that bad. If CP is willing to be a role player at this point I will strongly consider that.

Sent from my CPH1937 using RealGM mobile app
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#22 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:49 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Kilroy wrote:There are very few players I'd say this about.... I'd rather keep Russell...

Westbrook was a franchise low point. Paul would fly past that. Never have I liked a player less him. A true POS hiding behind and NBA PR created image. There are YouTube reels of him going under players in the air, faking injury and so on.

That said, it's a certainty he's coming here.
I think he is friends with someonewho flops a lot ... that is why I think there is a big chance CP is coming to the LAkers

dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:52 pm

stan francisco wrote:The Artest trade made me realize that I don’t have to like the player before they’re a Laker. His impact is undeniable. So is his semi dirty play.

CP3 aka the hamstring. I usually subscribe to the notion that CP3 is a whiny female canine.

As our second string PG for short money, we’d have to consider it.

The Clippers will throw money at him.
I know it is not right but I still enjoy watching Artest elbows Harden to the face.

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,438

Post#24 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jun 9, 2023 1:59 am

I do it just to keep him away from another team
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#25 » by zuju » Fri Jun 9, 2023 3:21 am

For the Vet Min, yes. Extend Dlo and Schroder on the right price too. CP3 is very injury prone. You cannot rely on him.

Other than Vet Min, I'd opt to sign Rondo back as the 3rd string PG and mentor for our young guys
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,313

Post#26 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jun 9, 2023 4:36 am

stan francisco wrote:The Artest trade made me realize that I don’t have to like the player before they’re a Laker. His impact is undeniable. So is his semi dirty play.

CP3 aka the hamstring. I usually subscribe to the notion that CP3 is a whiny female canine.

I hated Lebron so much before that my saddest birthdays were watching him win it all for Miami and Cleveland. But he joined the Lakers and now I hope he do great so he can help this team succeed. If CP3 can’t shoot and has very low BB IQ then I don’t want him here but it’s not the case Imo.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#27 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Jun 9, 2023 6:37 am

From CP3s point of view, what's his best course of action in terms of winning a title?
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Jun 9, 2023 7:51 am

DanishLakerFan wrote:From CP3s point of view, what's his best course of action in terms of winning a title?

Honestly, Lakers is not a bad option. If you have AD, Bron and Rui/Vandy in your front court and Austin as your back court partner CP3 knows that this team needs a PG that is better than DLo and maybe this team could get past the conference finals.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#29 » by mighty_duck » Fri Jun 9, 2023 8:07 am

DanishLakerFan wrote:From CP3s point of view, what's his best course of action in terms of winning a title?

Honestly, there are other places for him with a better chance to win (Boston, Milwaukee, Denver, and arguably a few more).
But his family lives in LA, so between Lakers and Clippers, we may be frontrunners
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#30 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Jun 9, 2023 9:05 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Honestly, Lakers is not a bad option. If you have AD, Bron and Rui/Vandy in your front court and Austin as your back court partner CP3 knows that this team needs a PG that is better than DLo and maybe this team could get past the conference finals.

I agree completely. CP3 would be fantastic and he would be put in a role that fits his age and skillset.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#31 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Jun 9, 2023 9:08 am

mighty_duck wrote:

Honestly, there are other places for him with a better chance to win (Boston, Milwaukee, Denver, and arguably a few more).
But his family lives in LA, so between Lakers and Clippers, we may be frontrunners

Sure. Best option might be Denver, although joining the likely NBA-champs is kinda weak - kinda like Karl Malone ring chasing in his later years.

Boston, Milwaukee, Clippers and Philly would be good options too, but i dont think they'd be all that much better than the Lakers.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#32 » by stan francisco » Fri Jun 9, 2023 1:03 pm

Dr Aki wrote:I do it just to keep him away from another team

Yeah, but I’m still very reluctant. He and his hammy brings bad juju. He’s a bit of a Schroeder deluxe. Games the rules, bounces the ball too much. Good sniper. Good defender. Too old.

I’d guess he becomes a Clipper.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#33 » by TylersLakers » Fri Jun 9, 2023 5:53 pm

Zach Lowe and Bobby Marks were talking Lakers and Chris Paul briefly in their podcast and they basically insinuated how the Lakers getting Paul with their full non-tax MLE ($12.2M) would be a good move.

That’s insane.

If we use the non-tax MLE, we’ll also use the BLE. I wouldn’t spend anything more than that $4.5 - $5M on him.
topdaytrader
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#34 » by topdaytrader » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:07 am

Full MLE? Hell no! Remeber what happen last time when we got a 38 years old PG from PHX? Except CP3 is in much worse shape than Nash now. Vet. min. or nothing, not even BAE.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,857

Post#35 » by Beethoven » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:25 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

I know it is not right but I still enjoy watching Artest elbows Harden to the face.

I've watched it so many times. It never gets old.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,857

Post#36 » by Beethoven » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:27 am

The guy is not going to last to the postseason. Everyone complaining about ad's injuries and lebron's health, I'd steer clear of him.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#37 » by RamonSessions7 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:37 am

He’s cooked, but that’s basically what lakers have looked for in a point guard lately
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#38 » by zuju » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:26 am

Beethoven wrote:The guy is not going to last to the postseason. Everyone complaining about ad's injuries and lebron's health, I'd steer clear of him.

Yes. Therefore, the vet min is all i am willing to pay him. You still need two more capable or even good pg with him on the roster

I'd rather sign Rondo instead
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#39 » by stan francisco » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:50 am

zuju wrote:
Beethoven wrote:The guy is not going to last to the postseason. Everyone complaining about ad's injuries and lebron's health, I'd steer clear of him.

Yes. Therefore, the vet min is all i am willing to pay him. You still need two more capable or even good pg with him on the roster

I'd rather sign Rondo instead

I think I agree with this point of view.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#40 » by Jody Smokz » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:58 pm

Ehhh...how so? Did you even watch him this playoffs? Lakers fans are down on DLo but think CP3 is bringing anything better to the table at this point? Go look at his playoffs this year and then add in the fact that he has to get to the playoffs a full year from now healthy in HOPES of being a factor. He wasn't even good this playoff run when healthy.

RamonSessions7 wrote:He’s cooked, but that’s basically what lakers have looked for in a point guard lately

Return to Los Angeles Lakers