Post#81 » by ShaqAttac » Fri Sep 8, 2023 11:00 am

whose gonna backup brow
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Re: Which Big?: update Christian Wood signs 

Post#82 » by zuju » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:03 am

Noel and Queta waived

Both can play that Mcgee role in 2020 and be a big body on Jokic and Embiid etc.

Signed Wood already and they won't sign another big unless they really plan to play AD at the 4 full time or there is a serious injury to Wood or Hayes.

Lakers usually keep 1 spot open for buyout market.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#83 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:41 pm

zuju wrote:Noel and Queta waived

Both can play that Mcgee role in 2020 and be a big body on Jokic and Embiid etc.

Signed Wood already and they won't sign another big unless they really plan to play AD at the 4 full time or there is a serious injury to Wood or Hayes.

Lakers usually keep 1 spot open for buyout market.

Get Queta!!!

Or Noël!

We can use either. Queta is a sleeper, might blow up, could realistically snatch starting role from Wood by outplaying him on defense.

Imagine Queta, Wood, Hayes as the three Cs on our bench to give AD a break…

Do it, Rob!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Godfather13
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#84 » by Godfather13 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:49 am

Do we need more centers still? Maybe bag a buyout contract later in the season if there's an injury OR Hayes/Wood turn out to be absolutely unusable.

I think we go into Feb with 1 empty spot to save the Buss fam enough money for each of them to buy a new Lamborghini each.

For now, I'd only use the spot if Oubre indicated he wanted to join the Lakers. Too good of a talent, albeit flawed, like Wood, to pass up on.

Otherwise, I feel content to just distribute the already limited minutes among the quality subs/reserves we've already got till December, so we can figure out the best and worst of them.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:22 am

Having three prospect bigs on the bench to choose from when adding a big to trade D Lo on December 15 is a good idea. Two for one for a guard like Tyus Jones would be mad. That, and we’d still have a spot available for February’s deadline.
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#86 » by Godfather13 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:56 am

stan francisco wrote:Having three prospect bigs on the bench to choose from when adding a big to trade D Lo on December 15 is a good idea. Two for one for a guard like Tyus Jones would be mad. That, and we’d still have a spot available for February’s deadline.
I see it. But I'd insist on a non guaranteed deal till Jan 31st so we don't have to pay in picks for another vet min salary dump if a trade doesn't pan out.

How do you feel about Castleton on a two way?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:03 pm

Godfather13 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Having three prospect bigs on the bench to choose from when adding a big to trade D Lo on December 15 is a good idea. Two for one for a guard like Tyus Jones would be mad. That, and we’d still have a spot available for February’s deadline.
I see it. But I'd insist on a non guaranteed deal till Jan 31st so we don't have to pay in picks for another vet min salary dump if a trade doesn't pan out.

Great talent, good eye for the game, great handles and playmaking, good touch. I’d guess he’s a year or two away. Needs time to bulk up, is still a twig, not ready for NBA defense against Lopez, Adebayo, Ayton, Giannis, Embiid. Adams.
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#88 » by Godfather13 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:44 pm

stan francisco wrote:
Godfather13 wrote:

Great talent, good eye for the game, great handles and playmaking, good touch. I’d guess he’s a year or two away. Needs time to bulk up, is still a twig, not ready for NBA defense against Lopez, Adebayo, Ayton, Giannis, Embiid. Adams.

Yeah.. But we're talking about a 4th choice Center here. Hayes and Wood will already be hungry for those minutes.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#89 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 am

Godfather13 wrote:Do we need more centers still? Maybe bag a buyout contract later in the season if there's an injury OR Hayes/Wood turn out to be absolutely unusable.

I think we go into Feb with 1 empty spot to save the Buss fam enough money for each of them to buy a new Lamborghini each.

For now, I'd only use the spot if Oubre indicated he wanted to join the Lakers. Too good of a talent, albeit flawed, like Wood, to pass up on.

Otherwise, I feel content to just distribute the already limited minutes among the quality subs/reserves we've already got till December, so we can figure out the best and worst of them.

I am thinking of the same thing. I would like to give Oubre a try just in case Reddish won't work out for us.

As for another big, I think I'm good with what we have right now and because we also have Castleton on a two way so we kinda have an insurance just in case.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by stan francisco » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:25 pm

To snag Tyus Jones from the Grizz should be a goal. Ja and Marcus Smart will take up lots of Jones’ minutes. Jones won’t like it.

D’Lo on December 15th should be traded with a package for someone like Tyus Jones. Why D Lo? No D, it’s simple. See Denver series. Brogdon is also pissed at the C’s right now, and Lillard is still a Blazer.

At $17M, D No’s contract is no longer radio active. Still, we need to add a player as compensation for the one-sidedness of D Lo in order to attract an elite two-sided point guard.

For a team struggling to score, getting D Lo and Hayes should help lots. This is why I wanted Queta as insurance.

If our perimeter defense and low post defense is tight, we can get away with having 500 year old LeBron defend the wing and still win another title before he retires.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#91 » by tugs » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:44 am

Tyus was dealt to Washington
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:07 pm

tugs wrote:Tyus was dealt to Washington

Oh no. Ok. That’s good for the Wizards. He’s been under the radar for no good reason other than Ja stealing the spotlight. They now have an elite PG who plays both ends, in DC. It’s gonna make a big difference for that team.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers