ImageImageImageImageImage

14th roster aaspot - who you got?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

14th roster aaspot - who you got? 

Post#1 » by Sofa King » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:04 pm

who do you think deserves the 14th roster spot? what position of need should Rob fill? :nod:

I heard names like CHRISTIAN WOOD, BISMACK BIOMBO BECAUSE The center spot is needed.
Or should theLakers just give it to COLIN CASTLETON? :nod: :crazy:

HIT :nod: IF YOU AGREE OR :nonono: :nonono: IF YOU DON'T
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Re: 14th roster aaspot - who you got? 

Post#2 » by DNP-Old » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:29 pm

None of the above...I would prefer Jeremiah Robinson-Earl or Usman Garuba from OKC into a TPE.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#3 » by stan francisco » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:16 am

NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#4 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:18 am

At this point, more NBA ready like Christian Wood would be good but if we can't have him I'm fine with Colin Castleton. I like his skillset but I think he still needs to get stronger to bang against NBA big men. Castleton would be just fine for spot minutes at Center or Power Forward position.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by stan francisco » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:54 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:At this point, more NBA ready like Christian Wood would be good but if we can't have him I'm fine with Colin Castleton. I like his skillset but I think he still needs to get stronger to bang against NBA big men. Castleton would be just fine for spot minutes at Center or Power Forward position.

All due respect, Castleton will take a few years. Great prospect. We need someone at C who is ready to contribute defensively now. AD needs a low post defensive partner in crime. LBJ’s deteriorating can’t wait around for Castleton.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#6 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:32 pm

DNP-Old wrote:None of the above...I would prefer Jeremiah Robinson-Earl or Usman Garuba from OKC into a TPE.

This is a great answer. OKC has 3 or 4 pretty good players that they are going to need to cut because they have way too many guys. I’m monitoring this situation if I’m the Lakers and seeing if I can pick up a quality depth piece.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by stan francisco » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:07 pm

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:None of the above...I would prefer Jeremiah Robinson-Earl or Usman Garuba from OKC into a TPE.

This is a great answer. OKC has 3 or 4 pretty good players that they are going to need to cut because they have way too many guys. I’m monitoring this situation if I’m the Lakers and seeing if I can pick up a quality depth piece.

Great approach. OKC are stacked with young talent. One is bound to want big minutes. Same with the Kings. Hence, I watched this clip;

https://youtu.be/Qz0R3SzRm1Q

Don’t know from my own observation but that guy on that YouTube channel has showcased good judgment before.

Maybe this is the unfound gem we’re looking for.

Trading for Capela is sort of interesting but would need to include picks and cash considerations for me to want to do it.

We’re in win now mode.

A 38-18 game of his from G league:
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 824

Post#8 » by CZ Eddie » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:39 pm

Colin Castleton
Keep your politics out of my sports
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#9 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Aug 1, 2023 12:01 am

stan francisco wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:At this point, more NBA ready like Christian Wood would be good but if we can't have him I'm fine with Colin Castleton. I like his skillset but I think he still needs to get stronger to bang against NBA big men. Castleton would be just fine for spot minutes at Center or Power Forward position.

All due respect, Castleton will take a few years. Great prospect. We need someone at C who is ready to contribute defensively now. AD needs a low post defensive partner in crime. LBJ’s deteriorating can’t wait around for Castleton.

I completely agree but it seems at this point it is Woods or Castleton. Right now, Castleton is the more realistic option as I think he is on a two way contract with us. So once the season starts and we don't get to have another big then I'm willing to gamble on Castleton to play a few minutes if the situation calls for it.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,438

Post#10 » by Dr Aki » Tue Aug 1, 2023 1:59 am

Edy Tavares
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#11 » by zuju » Tue Aug 1, 2023 10:03 am

Harry Giles or TT
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 444

Post#12 » by Doug_12 » Tue Aug 1, 2023 9:04 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Edy Tavares

I'd love him, but we have no real chance to sign him: First of all, he reportedly has a 6M+ buyout clause, that he would have to pay if he leaves. Then, he is making around 4M per year (and he wants to sign a heftier extension), while we have only the vet min to offer. Then last but not least: he is already a star here in Europe, why would he move to the bench of a team w/ no guarantees of huge minutes in the rotation?
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dr Aki » Tue Aug 1, 2023 10:52 pm

Doug_12 wrote:

I'd love him, but we have no real chance to sign him: First of all, he reportedly has a 6M+ buyout clause, that he would have to pay if he leaves. Then, he is making around 4M per year (and he wants to sign a heftier extension), while we have only the vet min to offer. Then last but not least: he is already a star here in Europe, why would he move to the bench of a team w/ no guarantees of huge minutes in the rotation?

A signing for next year then.
Doug_12
Senior

Post#14 » by Doug_12 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 6:49 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Doug_12 wrote:

He will probably be unrealistic next year as well. I mean let's assume he signs a 6M/year this summer w/ Real Madrid. His buyout clause will then probably go higher also. This means we have to offer him a deal like 20mils/2 years (a salary which is at least equal to his new salary + the buyout). On the one hand I don't see us doing that, on the other, he wouldn't worth it either. For 10 mils/year, there are better centers in the NBA than Tavares...
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dr Aki » Thu Aug 3, 2023 7:45 am

Doug_12 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Doug_12 wrote:I'd love him, but we have no real chance to sign him: First of all, he reportedly has a 6M+ buyout clause, that he would have to pay if he leaves. Then, he is making around 4M per year (and he wants to sign a heftier extension), while we have only the vet min to offer. Then last but not least: he is already a star here in Europe, why would he move to the bench of a team w/ no guarantees of huge minutes in the rotation?

He will probably be unrealistic next year as well. I mean let's assume he signs a 6M/year this summer w/ Real Madrid. His buyout clause will then probably go higher also. This means we have to offer him a deal like 20mils/2 years (a salary which is at least equal to his new salary + the buyout). On the one hand I don't see us doing that, on the other, he wouldn't worth it either. For 10 mils/year, there are better centers in the NBA than Tavares...

He's only getting about 2M net from RM right now.

I doubt he's going to get an offer 3 times that size for his next extension

It really shouldn't take that much to get him
Doug_12
Senior

Post#16 » by Doug_12 » Thu Aug 3, 2023 7:55 am

Dr Aki wrote:
Doug_12 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

He's only getting about 2M net from RM right now.

I doubt he's going to get an offer 3 times that size for his next extension

It really shouldn't take that much to get him

Net can be 2M, but gross per year is around 4M as per this source:
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/1523521/walter-tavares-to-re-sign-with-real-madrid-euroleague/

I think he will get around 6M/year gross and that is what matters to us.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#17 » by Vae Victus » Fri Aug 4, 2023 4:01 am

If not Woods then Biyombo

We need some beef in the paint. If Hayes cant hold things down when AD needs a blow, then i'm confident Biyombo can at least stand in the paint and bother people with his length. I feel the team's bench has a decent amount of firepower to makeup for Biyombo's lack of offensive game.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by stan francisco » Sat Aug 5, 2023 1:11 pm

Robert Williams from the Celtics.
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#19 » by DNP-Old » Sun Aug 6, 2023 3:03 pm

stan francisco wrote:Robert Williams from the Celtics.

He is always injured. In his 5 years he has played 209 games. The most he has played in any season is 61 games (35 last year).
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by stan francisco » Sun Aug 6, 2023 4:28 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Robert Williams from the Celtics.

He is always injured. In his 5 years he has played 209 games. The most he has played in any season is 61 games (35 last year).

Ouch.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers