10) Spurs

Prediction Round One, post season 2023-2024:

Suns-Wolves
Lakers-Warriors
Nuggets-Pelicans
Thunder-Kings

NBA finals teams: Lakers vs Bucks.

What say your crystal ball?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Re: Predict the WC teams 1-10 

Post#2 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:40 pm

Nuggets - should cruise in the regular season but very beatable in the playoffs.

Suns - will care about the regular season more than the Lakers and Warriors.

Warriors - will try just enough to get into the top 4.

Lakers - will try just enough to not be a play in team.

Kings - not catching anyone by surprise this year. Still is very suspect defensively but that won’t hurt them as much in the regular season.

Grizzlies - defense will keep them competitive

Wolves - Anthony Edwards taking the jump pushes them higher than many will think.

Clippers - injured and not a title contender until proven otherwise. Not as much depth as the talking heads would have you believe. Will get just enough Kawhi and PG games to nab a 7 or 8 seed.

Thunder - will be much improved but still not a true contender. Will scare a team in the first round.

Mavs - better but does Luka and Kyrie have enough help? Could win the play in and sneak into the playoffs.

Pelicans - see Clippers. Injured and not a real threat till proven otherwise.

Rockets - has more real players than the final two teams.

Blazers - Scoot will be great but not enough talent to be a playoff contender. Another high lottery pick.

Spurs - I personally think Wemby needs a year or two before being a true wins/losses impacting player and just not much talent around him.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,251

Post#3 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:18 pm

1. Dalllas - you all gonna laugh here part of me Is too - Yes outside of Lakers I love Luka :)

"If and only If" Kyrie and Luka can find a way to play well together (they had close games together In the end) and learn who can finish games, I ALSO HEARD that Luka has been working hard In the gym, so who knows. If they can't find a way, they'll be 8th 9th seed always a surprise team In the west - this might just be Dallas

2. Nuggets - Defending Champs need I say more.

3. Kings, on how well they did last year think they'll go just as good

4. Lakers - I think Injuries will take place here, but depth will save us, Ham better watch Brons/AD minutes and the amount of back to backs. With all the back to backs Lakers have, I think they'll get a break In the 1st round

5. Clippers... Only because I want an all LA match up In the first round - wait 4th and 5th play each other first right?.

6. Phonix Suns ... West Is so damn tough this year not funny.

7. Grizzlies, Not sure how they'll go with out Ja and I think Ja might just save their season depending when he comes In etc

8. GSW... Luckily they still have the best shooter In the game, Curry might just save them out In the tough west. I was gonna put GSW ahead of Grizzlies, but when Ja comes who knows what gonna happen, he might just lift them - Ja only got 25 games suspension wasn't It?

9. OKC
10. Wolves

Edit: ... If Dallas don't have the season I expect, like If Kyrie/Luka can't get along, then I will just move everyone 1 up and take Dallas too 9th seed and put OKC In 8th seed :)

I think both Dallas and Clippers might be the only 2 teams I'm not really sure about this year, maybe Grizzlies because I'm not sure about the Ja situation
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,856

Post#4 » by Beethoven » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:21 pm

ugh...cant wait till the mcnugget 15 minutes of fame is over.

Top 8 is going to be a slugfest this season.
I'd like to see some real teams come out strong in the next few years:

Lakers/OKC/Pho/clippers/timberwolves/New orleans.

Some new teams rising out of the ashes and a couple of perennial favorites.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,235

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:04 pm

Beethoven wrote:ugh...cant wait till the mcnugget 15 minutes of fame is over.

I'm going to play it safe and say the Lakers are in the play-in again this season... We have a better supporting cast but every time we change this much of the roster, we end up struggling... If AD is healthy, we'll win games, but I'm not ready to put us higher than that right now...

Phoenix
Denver
Memphis
LAC
GSW
Sac
NOP

and the rest...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#6 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:30 pm

Beethoven wrote:Lakers/OKC/Pho/clippers/timberwolves/New orleans.

Man honestly I like OKC and how they're doing things with their team.

I think they're only 1 piece from being contending ... And with all the news about Giannis man I'd love to see Giannis go to OKC he would take that young fun team to the next level, him and giddey on the same team omg

Japago
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#7 » by Japago » Fri Sep 1, 2023 2:44 am

I think the Lakers will be a good regular season team. They kept the same amount of depth they had from last season. Exchanging Dennis Schroder with Gabe Vincent is somewhat of a big change, but everything else seems very minor to me. Walker/Brown Jr/Beasley had their moments, but were largely inconsistent. We'll see what their replacements can do.

I could even see them being as high as 1 if things break right. The Nuggets might be unmotivated in the regular season like a lot of teams coming off of championships. The Suns are built more for the postseason with their 3 stars and less depth. I mention them because I think those 2 teams are definitively better than the Lakers right now if they played in the postseason.

A bunch of young teams could take another step, including ones that missed the playoffs last season.

It's such a hard thing to predict. There's a reason why so many teams were jumbled together last season in the standings.

I'll say the Lakers finish 3rd in the standings behind the Nuggets and Kings. I think the Nuggets will avoid the post-championship hangover and the Kings take another step in the regular season.

Kings
Nuggets
Lakers
Suns
Grizzlies
Warriors
Clippers
Thunder
Pelicans
Timberwolves
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#8 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Sep 1, 2023 4:42 am

Japago wrote:. The Suns are built more for the postseason with their 3 stars and less depth. I mention them because I think those 2 teams are definitively better than the Lakers right now if they played in the postseason.

I think the Suns are a wild card for the west. I mean yes they have 3 stars, but I think Beal will wreck them more then help them. They have no Defense and no Depth ... They will struggle come play off time, but do ok regular season... Again wild card for the west this year belongs to them.

Just don't think they have it come playoff time.

Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Beethoven » Fri Sep 1, 2023 5:23 am

Kilroy wrote:

It already is... Did you catch they're championship 'parade'...

I'm going to play it safe and say the Lakers are in the play-in again this season... We have a better supporting cast but every time we change this much of the roster, we end up struggling... If AD is healthy, we'll win games, but I'm not ready to put us higher than that right now...

Phoenix
Denver
Memphis
LAC
GSW
Sac
NOP

and the rest...

Curious..what happened in their championship parade? I bet they didnt know how to throw one.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,235

Post#10 » by Kilroy » Fri Sep 1, 2023 8:05 am

Beethoven wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

It already is... Did you catch they're championship 'parade'...

Phoenix
Denver
Memphis
LAC
GSW
Sac
NOP

and the rest...

Curious..what happened in their championship parade? I bet they didnt know how to throw one.

Actually, nothing I guess... It was a fine parade... Someone posted a video of it on the GB where it looked like the streets were completely empty for it, but I just double-checked right now and they say 750,000 people attended it, and it looked packed, at least at the end of the rout.
So fake news got me I guess...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#11 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Sep 3, 2023 12:06 am

The West is absolutely loaded again this year.

1)PHO
2)DEN
3)LAC
4)MEM
5)LAL
6)SAC
7)DAL
8)GSW

9)OKC
10)NO
Formerly lakerRD
Godfather13
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#12 » by Godfather13 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 4:00 pm

stan francisco wrote:Prediction, end of regular season 2023-2024

01) Suns
02) Lakers
03) Nuggets
04) Thunder
05) Kings
06) Pelicans
07) Warriors
08) Grizzlies
09) Wolves
10) Spurs

Suns-Wolves
Lakers-Warriors
Nuggets-Pelicans
Thunder-Kings

I see you completely omitted the Flippers from the convo in true Laker fashion :clap: :clap: :clap:
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#13 » by Godfather13 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 4:08 pm

1. Nuggets - Well oiled machine, that lost some depth, but still formidable
2. Suns - Can see the heavy scoring carrying them to a great record in the regular season, till they get challenged in the playoffs
3. Kings - Solid formula that works in the regular season
4. Warriors - Better health for Steph, Dray & Klay should carry them to a better record than us
5. Lakers - mostly because I expect AD & Lebron to miss a bunch of games. I'd have them in the mix for 1/2 if both of them combine to miss less than 30 games all season
6. Grizzlies - I thought they had a bad window, and lost a lot of what made them good last season

I can see the following teams in the mix for 7/8 Play In spots. Really hard to pick favorites.
Clips
Wolves
Pelicans
Thunder
Dallas
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#14 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 7, 2023 11:55 am

Godfather13 wrote:

01) Suns
02) Lakers
03) Nuggets
04) Thunder
05) Kings
06) Pelicans
07) Warriors
08) Grizzlies
09) Wolves
10) Spurs

Suns-Wolves
Lakers-Warriors
Nuggets-Pelicans
Thunder-Kings

I see you completely omitted the Flippers from the convo in true Laker fashion :clap: :clap: :clap:

Going by their record. Injuries to their stars are to be expected. Weight loading is bad karma, Ballmer is not a good loser, will erode the vibe. Westbrook? Good luck. The other teams I listed are really good.
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Godfather13 » Sat Sep 9, 2023 2:57 pm

stan francisco wrote:
Godfather13 wrote:

01) Suns
02) Lakers
03) Nuggets
04) Thunder
05) Kings
06) Pelicans
07) Warriors
08) Grizzlies
09) Wolves
10) Spurs

Suns-Wolves
Lakers-Warriors
Nuggets-Pelicans
Thunder-Kings

Going by their record. Injuries to their stars are to be expected. Weight loading is bad karma, Ballmer is not a good loser, will erode the vibe. Westbrook? Good luck. The other teams I listed are really good.

Yeah. It's a tough situation they're stuck in. Idk how easy it is to really pivot out of the situation they're in. I mean they could flip Kawhi & PG for cents on the dollar & choose to go for a rebuild, but only like one out of like every 10 teams that blow it up, eventually find any success out of it.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#16 » by TylersLakers » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:49 am

Here's my prediction:

1) Suns
2) Thunder
3) T-Wolves
4) Lakers
5) Warriors
6) Nuggets
7) Grizzlies
8) Mavericks
9) Clippers
10) Kings

The Kings are going to fall - they were unbelievably healthy last year and they basically stayed the same.

The T-Wolves had KAT for almost no games last year, he'll play a lot more games. Edwards will make a leap. They know what they have in Gobert,

I want to include the Pelicans but already they're missing Trey Murphy. I'm not confident in Zion's health and when/if everyone is healthy - where does that leave Ingram? He's a weird fit next to Zion in the times they've played together.

I want to include the Clippers as a higher seed. But before PG got hurt, Westbrook was a weird fit in line-ups. If George and Leonard are healthy, does Westbrook's weird fit and benchings factor into their team morale as it did with us?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#17 » by stan francisco » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:53 pm

Godfather13 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Godfather13 wrote:I see you completely omitted the Flippers from the convo in true Laker fashion :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah. It's a tough situation they're stuck in. Idk how easy it is to really pivot out of the situation they're in. I mean they could flip Kawhi & PG for cents on the dollar & choose to go for a rebuild, but only like one out of like every 10 teams that blow it up, eventually find any success out of it.

Tough , indeed. A guy like Ballmer only knows how to power through, doesn’t realize the power of finesse. He thinks if he spends the most, the competition will buckle. Wall, Westbrook, etc… Team work doesn’t work that way. It’s bound to come crashing down.

A healthy Kawhi is as scary as it gets. The health part is a big if…
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#18 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:43 am

I know the recent trades of; Jrue, Dame doesn't really effect the west that much, I think Harden eventually getting traded too the clippers Or somewhere out west, non the less where ever he goes I'm not really changing anything too much "yet"

I think with how Boston recently got Jrue I'm expecting now

Boston VS Lakers Finals ... If Lakers win, media will have a field day about Bron etc, If Lakers lose they'll find some excuse about It all.

I had Bucks vs Lakers finals due to Dame trade but now thinking Boston vs Lakers

East really only have 3 teams; Celtics, Bucks, Miami, I really don't see any other team In the east competing maybe Toronto? maybe? could be wrong here.

None the less It's Boston vs Lakers In Bron's (hopefully final year as Laker)

Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Beethoven » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:00 pm

Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Champions eventually one day for the Lakers..

sorry, but this is all I really care about.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers