ImageImageImageImageImage

Jrue Holiday anyone?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Jrue Holiday anyone? 

Post#1 » by ROballer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:41 pm

Lillard just got traded to the Bucks in a move that clearly means the Blazers are rebuilding.

They just drafted Scoot at #2 and I just don't see them NOT giving him the reigns as soon as possible when looking at the entire roster.

They got Holiday as a salary ballast which they will probably try to flip for further assets.

I mean I would love Jrue on the Lakers, his perimeter defense is outstanding, can shoot/score and act as a secondary playmaker. He's one of the better fits I can find in the league on a team with Lebron/Davis.

It's gonna probably be a bidding war until towards the trade deadline, and I hope we can make a push after some of the guys on the roster become eligible to be traded.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Re: Jrue Holiday anyone? 

Post#2 » by Slava » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:46 pm

You’d probably get him for D’Lo, Vando and a 1st.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ROballer
General Manager

Post#3 » by ROballer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:51 pm

Slava wrote:You’d probably get him for D’Lo, Vando and a 1st.

Unfortunately that's not enough salaries I think. Jrue is making 36 mil this year and D'lo just 17. Vando's extension doesn't kick in until next year.

It's gonna have to be Russell plus Rui. I like Rui, but I'd still do that deal for Jrue. We can replace Rui.

-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#4 » by -Spyda- » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:49 pm

Without a question
Dlo and Rui for him
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,249

Post#5 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:37 pm

D Lo cant be traded until December 15th. Jrue will have a prominent role with another contender long before then.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#6 » by ROballer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:41 pm

I don't think they're in that much of a rush.

They can wait it out until the deadline, the more they wait the more they will get. Everyone is gonna be lowballing right now, but if someone starts slow and want to make a push for him later on, they will shed more assets.

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#7 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:47 pm

They probably want him to mentor their rookies into playing defense and not becoming mindless chuckers. I’d guess they won’t part with him for a D Lo package.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#8 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:55 pm

Because of salaries it will cost more than DLo so I think I'll just give this team a try first before trading for Jrue. If this is a straight up trade (which is not possible) then I would do it. I worry about who are we going to add as salary filler with DLo so I say I'll just wait and see before exploring this trade option.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,332

Post#9 » by TheHartBreakKid » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:29 am

-Spyda- wrote:Without a question
Dlo and Rui for him

If we don't add picks, why would the Blazers be interested in DLO? He isn't an easy contract to trade with his team option, and is a terrible fit for the development of Scoot and to a lesser extent Simons.

The only way the Blazers would want that trade is if Rui balls out to start the season, and the Blazers are willing to take on Dlo/use him as a salary dump in order to get Rui. And in that case, is 33 yr old Jrue that much of an upgrade over Dlo for us to give up a 25 year old, still improving Rui, who is on a pretty friendly contract?

I don't see any trade for Jrue that makes sense for both teams, unless Rui has a mediocre start to the season but still good enough to draw interest from Portland, and we desperately want to move on from Dlo and have lost hope for Rui.

So i'll rephrase.....I don't see any scenario that's a good scenario for the Lakers where we acquire Jrue unless it's a buy out in the future.

If we have to move Dlo/Rui for Jrue, that means atleast one or both of those guys have lost value by the trade deadline, where Jru is the only option that makes sense for us to cut losses, and in that case, we are pretty screwed either way and I would rather explore other options or stand pat.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,295

Post#10 » by dcstanley » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:17 pm

DLO/Vincent/Reddish and draft capital for Jrue works.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#11 » by stan francisco » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:48 pm

If I were their GM and you tried to pry my Dame trade return away from me on Dec 15 by way of a D No package, I’d scoff at you and ask for Reaves and Rui and a pick.

Jrue Holiday is a quality PG. He plays hard and smart and on both ends. They won’t give us a discounted price for him. Why would they?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#12 » by ROballer » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:17 pm

People, again...Russell is a salary ballast, he's not the prize in the package.

He has a PO option after this season which he probably won't exercise on the Blazers, since they will bench his ass for Scoot if he gets there. Or even he gets rerouted somewhere else and they get further assets.
Nontheless, he's a perfect ballast because his salary isn't big nor long in years. He's out of there in a hurry.

Prize is Rui who is on a bargain deal, is young and pretty damn good. They have terrible wing depth now and for the future.

Jalen Hood Schifino who was a #17 pick in the draft this year, is young and has upside.

And the 1st round pick in the late decade, which could be enticing for any team because Lebron will be long retired by then and who knows, might even a lottery pick if we suck ass.

That's a damn good haul even if the Blazers org probably hates us for the past. Who are the competitors again? Clippers don't have any picks and young players, Heat were lowballing them like crazy for Dame, I don't think they want to pick up the phone again even out of spite in a deal for Jrue.

What teams are out there who might show some interest? Holiday has a player option after this season, no rebuilding team is ever gonna trade for him since he will bolt next summer without questions asked.
Only a title contender will want to offer something in a trade and there aren't a lot of those around.

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,856

Post#13 » by Beethoven » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:41 pm

Let's clone Russ and trade him for Jrue.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,534

Post#14 » by JRoy » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:47 am

POR politely declines.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
chickenstew
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#15 » by chickenstew » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:58 am

Lakers do not have the assets to land Jrue. And I’m not even sure they have the salary flexibility at this point…they would need it to drag out into December which is doubtful.

Lots of teams, most with more assets, will be in on Jrue. He has a skill set that fits in just about anywhere.
chickenstew
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#16 » by chickenstew » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:02 am

Just checked the trade machine, Lakers have LeBron, AD, JHS and Christie as the only players they can trade at this point.

Everyone else gets a 6 month no trade from the time they signed. So Dec 15th would be the earliest you could trade any of them. And in the case of Vando? He can’t be traded till next summer.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#17 » by ROballer » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:23 am

Lakers absolutely do have the assets past Dec 15.

Why is everyone acting like Jrue is gonna be traded tomorrow is beyond me. I already adressed this with another post, the longer they wait, the more assets they will get from someone.

Jrue is getting traded in January/February, not now. Training camp is already almost here and nobody ever made a significant trade in November/December. There is no precedent here.

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#18 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:02 pm

ROballer wrote:Lakers absolutely do have the assets past Dec 15.

Why is everyone acting like Jrue is gonna be traded tomorrow is beyond me. I already adressed this with another post, the longer they wait, the more assets they will get from someone.

Jrue is getting traded in January/February, not now. Training camp is already almost here and nobody ever made a significant trade in November/December. There is no precedent here.

I hope you are right about this. There are loud rumors the Clippers assets like picks and other good players for him.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,856

Post#19 » by Beethoven » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:31 pm

Poeple on the internet saying (and here too i guess) Rui and dlo for Holiday... is he that worth it? I dont want to lose rui and Im one of the few that thinks dlo is valuable to this team in his way.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
ROballer
General Manager

Post#20 » by ROballer » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:48 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
ROballer wrote:Lakers absolutely do have the assets past Dec 15.

I hope you are right about this. There are loud rumors the Clippers assets like picks and other good players for him.

What good players lol?

Clippers don't have any youth which Portland would want nor picks. They gave up all their picks in the Paul George trade.

Ironically a couple years after, SGA is a couple of tiers higher than George as a player.
Thunder made out like bandits from that trade.

Clippers are not a threat straight up. Only If they do a 3 team trade.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers