Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

chickenstew
Ballboy
And1: 17

Re: Jrue Holiday anyone? 

Post#21 » by chickenstew » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:15 pm

ROballer wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
ROballer wrote:Lakers absolutely do have the assets past Dec 15.

Why is everyone acting like Jrue is gonna be traded tomorrow is beyond me. I already adressed this with another post, the longer they wait, the more assets they will get from someone.

Jrue is getting traded in January/February, not now. Training camp is already almost here and nobody ever made a significant trade in November/December. There is no precedent here.

I hope you are right about this. There are loud rumors the Clippers assets like picks and other good players for him.

What good players lol?

Clippers don't have any youth which Portland would want nor picks. They gave up all their picks in the Paul George trade.

Ironically a couple years after, SGA is a couple of tiers higher than George as a player.
Thunder made out like bandits from that trade.

Clippers are not a threat straight up. Only If they do a 3 team trade.

Portland is going to want young players and picks for Jrue, not 25 year old Rui.

The team that gets him is going to pay 1 or 2 decent young players and 2 firsts. Teams like Golden St, Boston, New Orleans, OKC have the needed draft capital. There is going to be a bidding war for him because he’s plug and play in so many different systems. Rui, D Lo and a 2029 first is easily going to be beaten. I don’t see a path for the Lakers to land him.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#22 » by ROballer » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:32 pm

chickenstew wrote:
ROballer wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
I hope you are right about this. There are loud rumors the Clippers assets like picks and other good players for him.

What good players lol?

Clippers don't have any youth which Portland would want nor picks. They gave up all their picks in the Paul George trade.

Ironically a couple years after, SGA is a couple of tiers higher than George as a player.

Portland is going to want young players and picks for Jrue, not 25 year old Rui.

The team that gets him is going to pay 1 or 2 decent young players and 2 firsts. Teams like Golden St, Boston, New Orleans, OKC have the needed draft capital. There is going to be a bidding war for him because he’s plug and play in so many different systems. Rui, D Lo and a 2029 first is easily going to be beaten. I don’t see a path for the Lakers to land him.

There is not going to be none of that.

You have Holiday's wishlist on the wiretap. This guy is not Durant or Lillard who had multiple years on their deals. He's essentially an UFA next summer.

No team who is not a top tier contender will ever gamble multiple young pieces and/or 1sts for a guy who might walk away next summer for nothing.

Only team on that list of yours who has youth and might be on Holiday's radar is Golden State. Namely Kuminga and Moody.
But they need to get rid of Chris Paul to match the salaries and they just got him, I don't think it's on the table.

Boston has zero youth, not sure what are you talking about, New Orleans and Okc are not giving up jack squat for a possible rental.

You have 6 teams on the Wiretap for his wishlist and except the Bulls, everyone one of them has plans of contending next year.
I mean it's no coincidence.

One of those is gonna land him, it's no coincidence. The Heat were cheapstakes about Lillard, they won't throw the moon for Holiday, Boston has no youth but picks, Clippers have nothing, Sixers and Bulls can probably offer the best packages but the Lakers are absolutely a possibility after Dec. 15.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
chickenstew
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#23 » by chickenstew » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:21 pm

ROballer wrote:
chickenstew wrote:
ROballer wrote:
What good players lol?

There is not going to be none of that.

You have Holiday's wishlist on the wiretap. This guy is not Durant or Lillard who had multiple years on their deals. He's essentially an UFA next summer.

No team who is not a top tier contender will ever gamble multiple young pieces and/or 1sts for a guy who might walk away next summer for nothing.

Only team on that list of yours who has youth and might be on Holiday's radar is Golden State. Namely Kuminga and Moody.
But they need to get rid of Chris Paul to match the salaries and they just got him, I don't think it's on the table.

Boston has zero youth, not sure what are you talking about, New Orleans and Okc are not giving up jack squat for a possible rental.

You have 6 teams on the Wiretap for his wishlist and except the Bulls, everyone one of them has plans of contending next year.
I mean it's no coincidence.

One of those is gonna land him, it's no coincidence. The Heat were cheapstakes about Lillard, they won't throw the moon for Holiday, Boston has no youth but picks, Clippers have nothing, Sixers and Bulls can probably offer the best packages but the Lakers are absolutely a possibility after Dec. 15.

They will…there is going to be a huge bidding war.

And oh yeah. The track record of wishlists has such a stellar record with the Portland GM. Ask Dame how that went.
Godfather13
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#24 » by Godfather13 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:17 pm

Slava wrote:You’d probably get him for D’Lo, Vando and a 1st.

That would be a super discounted price for a player of his caliber. I'm having a hard time thinking of a better two way guard in the league.

Realistically, I don't see it happening cos of a few reasons -
- Portland are one of those teams that'll turn down 2 1st Rd picks from Lakers for a 2nd from Clips, just to stick it to us
- Jrue's likely getting traded before the deadline, if not the next weekend
- Rob and Co probably heard the rumors and said 'Nah.. f*ck that knock of broke down version of Vando

A machination of this trade that's been going around is

Jrue to Dallas

Dlo + things to Portland

Kyrie to Lakers

Now that's more realistic, but while I see Dlo as a completely disposable trade chip, specially give the kinda contract they gave him, the *things aspect is crucial. We can't be giving away important pieces for Kyrie, which is most likely what Portland would want.
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#25 » by Godfather13 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:24 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:D Lo cant be traded until December 15th. Jrue will have a prominent role with another contender long before then.

100%
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#26 » by Godfather13 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:50 pm

Beethoven wrote:Poeple on the internet saying (and here too i guess) Rui and dlo for Holiday... is he that worth it? I dont want to lose rui and Im one of the few that thinks dlo is valuable to this team in his way.

I feel the same way. Austin, Rui, Max & Prince kinda feel indispensable. Jrue is tempting af though. Brilliant player all around and a seemingly wonderful culture guy.
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#27 » by Godfather13 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 pm

ROballer wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
ROballer wrote:Lakers absolutely do have the assets past Dec 15.

Why is everyone acting like Jrue is gonna be traded tomorrow is beyond me. I already adressed this with another post, the longer they wait, the more assets they will get from someone.

Jrue is getting traded in January/February, not now. Training camp is already almost here and nobody ever made a significant trade in November/December. There is no precedent here.

What good players lol?

True, but Portland are one of those franchises that love to stick it to the Lakers.

- Remember the Powell + RoCo for dog sh*t trade a couple of years ago
- Dame also commented on the fact that him coming to Lakers from Portland was just not in the realm of possibilities, hinting at the relationship between the two franchises. This was followed up by the great Count Brickula Trade that doomed the franchise for 2 years
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,250

Post#28 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:45 am

Keep on dreaming all ... Dlo can't be traded as others stated, unless some of deal can be done where Dlo has to be traded on DEC 15 for him etc then It can't happen.
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#29 » by ROballer » Sun Oct 1, 2023 4:08 pm

Nvm, the Celtics paid a load for him.

Time to lock this mods.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#30 » by Godfather13 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 9:48 pm

Damn that makes the Celtics a scary proposition. Great trade! Perfect fit. Massive upgrade on Smart.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers