ImageImageImageImageImage

Old KCAL 9 intro

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

jojo4341
Junior
And1: 167

Old KCAL 9 intro 

Post#1 » by jojo4341 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:49 pm

Anyone remember this intro back in the late 80s and very early 90s? It pretty much coincided with the 2nd half of Showtime.

KCAL used to use it as their intro and outro with Chick Hearn doing voice-overs on current ads. I heard they also used it on the Lakers radio station (I forget channel). I used to love hearing this theme when they played on the road. It sounded very melancholy and soothing at the same time...hard to explain. I vaguely remember some Prime Ticket, Prime Sports and Fox Sports West intros...but they're not as memorable as this. Spectrum is very forgettable.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Re: Old KCAL 9 intro 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:58 pm

jojo4341 wrote:Anyone remember this intro back in the late 80s and very early 90s? It pretty much coincided with the 2nd half of Showtime.

KCAL used to use it as their intro and outro with Chick Hearn doing voice-overs on current ads. I heard they also used it on the Lakers radio station (I forget channel). I used to love hearing this theme when they played on the road. It sounded very melancholy and soothing at the same time...hard to explain. I vaguely remember some Prime Ticket, Prime Sports and Fox Sports West intros...but they're not as memorable as this. Spectrum is very forgettable.

Awww hell yeah! Damn I miss Chick. "The good ol' days"
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,856

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:43 pm

Loved it. Of course I remember!!
Chick Hearn's voice brings tingling feelings inside me.

Dam
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#4 » by TimeisIllmatic » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 am

This intro was a bit before my time starting to watch the Lakers, but I was fortunate enough to catch Chick in the early 2000s.

One of a kind. RIP!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers