ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Deadline approaching - update Dennis return?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Re: Trade Deadline approaching - who is expendable? 

Post#221 » by AGAVE » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:59 pm

Folks speaking on AR15s defensive setbacks here show valid stat deficiencies.
I do know, after watching this season so far, his early fatigue factor in the first 2 months are justified. Conditioning is everything. I get it.
My view so far is this :
We’ve had some early player injuries.
His game is being asked to adjust to rotation losses.
Honestly though, we need a SOLID 2 way player when he is leading.
Vanderbilt; if he could be higher % scorer along with his defensive skills would certainly free up spacing when Austin has the ball.
Murray acquisition might yield those benefits for him.
Rui is important in the LBJ rotations.
Reaves needs that strong support on the other side of the floor in order to open up his game.
Crossing fingers that AR is not moved!
Respect Elgin Baylor
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#222 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:32 pm

If we trade reaves for Murray I think I’m done with the nba till lebron/klutch/pelinka/jeanie are removed. The product the nba is putting out isn’t even as entertaining as it used to be with the way they have removed defense from the game. But if they go ahead and remove what little has been good for this team, then ya, will spend my time on better things. Been a fan since 96 and been posting on the boards since 2000. Trading reaves for dejounte Murray would be the final straw in a series of bizarre stupid moves this franchise has made.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#223 » by DanishLakerFan » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:19 am

Does Gabe Vincent have trade value at this point?

He was solid as hell in the playoffs, but we dont really know for sure if he's going to be completely healthy in time for playoffs.

The combined salary of Gabe, JHS, Lewis and Hayes (plus future 1st) and get someone such as Bogdon Bogdanovic.
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#224 » by zuju » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:11 am

Dlo played so well this few games.

I still stand on trading Dlo before trade deadline UNLESS he showed in big games he can play physical game and will not be liability on defense and get cold on offense. I don't think its solely mental thing to his game.

His playmaking will be missed and Lakers need one more ball handler back if he is traded. It is meaningless to have him if you are forced to put him on the bench come playoff time

I personally still prefer a smaller deal rather than a complete overhaul like last season. A trade like Dlo for Johnathan Issac, Vucevic or Tyrus Jones (Delon Wright) + Garford etc is what I see appropriate.

If you trade for a big or a wing in return, sign a competent PG or ball handler.
Example:
Dlo for Johnathan Issac
Buyout market: Hayward
loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#225 » by loveshaq007 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:20 pm

I don't want to create a separate topic for this, but I would love to see a topic of just small trades involving only Gabe Vincent and other minimum players.

gabe Vincent and Hayes for tyus jones

gabe Vincent, Hayes 1st pick swap for buddy heild
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Re: Trade Deadline approaching - update Dajounte in flight? 

Post#226 » by Danny Darko » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:27 am

we sure that's worth it? we just keep trading picks away and in 29 we might very well be a high draft pick at that spot considering ages. AD at 32 carrying this team?

Read on Twitter
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#227 » by DanishLakerFan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:25 am

Great loss tonight.

Underlined the need for a trade. Missing easy shots and other team making shots is fine, but lack of effort isn't. Ham should be gone as well, but that wont happen.

If Dejounte Murray can be had for D'Lo, JHS and '29 pick + a possible swap, they have to make that move.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#228 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:05 pm

This is some bull****
Pelikan a** needs to get on the chopping block as well. All that good will and capital after that playoff run. AND BLEW IT. We complain about AD missing games...well now he's Ballin. Not missing very many games. And we still can't get the surrounding Mix right.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#229 » by Jody Smokz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:17 am

The Lakers are not good enough to be sacrificing more future assets. Last season might have been the last real shot in the Bron era. It's hard to imagine Dejounte Murray being the difference in the team fighting for the play in and being a legit top 6 seed. Trading for Murray still does not address their size issues. Minnesota and Denver are still at a serious advantage against this team.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#230 » by loveshaq007 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:03 am

naz Reid would have been the difference for us. we should have paid him!!
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#231 » by DanishLakerFan » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:11 am

Jody Smokz wrote:The Lakers are not good enough to be sacrificing more future assets. Last season might have been the last real shot in the Bron era. It's hard to imagine Dejounte Murray being the difference in the team fighting for the play in and being a legit top 6 seed. Trading for Murray still does not address their size issues. Minnesota and Denver are still at a serious advantage against this team.

Murray would solve some issues and we be set with the backcourt for the next few years.

Replace Hayes with a buy out guy and see who else might be picked up and we'd be set. Favorites, no, but there's a chance. Just like last year. And if we dont go all in now, then what's the point in having LeBron.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#232 » by loveshaq007 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:51 am

DanishLakerFan wrote:
Jody Smokz wrote:The Lakers are not good enough to be sacrificing more future assets. Last season might have been the last real shot in the Bron era. It's hard to imagine Dejounte Murray being the difference in the team fighting for the play in and being a legit top 6 seed. Trading for Murray still does not address their size issues. Minnesota and Denver are still at a serious advantage against this team.

Murray would solve some issues and we be set with the backcourt for the next few years.

Replace Hayes with a buy out guy and see who else might be picked up and we'd be set. Favorites, no, but there's a chance. Just like last year. And if we dont go all in now, then what's the point in having LeBron.

That's the key thing that I like about Murray. it's that he has a longer contract and we can keep him. D'Angelo might want to bounce after this year and get a longer contract somewhere else. I do hate that we are trading hood, especially since we were so high on him and even picked him over Jaime.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#233 » by stan francisco » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:17 am

Caruso, please.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,973

Post#234 » by Landsberger » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:28 pm

Danny Darko wrote:we sure that's worth it? we just keep trading picks away and in 29 we might very well be a high draft pick at that spot considering ages. AD at 32 carrying this team?

Read on Twitter

That's the cost of bringing Russell back. No one wants him and it looks like we'll have to trade a first to get rid of him. A first that will, in all likelihood, be in the top 5 picks.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#235 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:47 am

I’m going to predict that we get Bruce Brown. They seek a first round pick and a young player. Is he worth a FRP and JHS if they take on D Lo?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#236 » by loveshaq007 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:45 pm

so many other players that could be had for that package.

and much rather have Buddy , DeRozan, Gary Trent, Murray, olynyk+sexton, Caruso

If we are going to give up D'Angelo, our younger point guard, and a first.... we could easily do:

derozan and Caruso for Gabe, Dlo, hood, first or

gabe, hood, first... for Caruso

dlo shouldn't be this devalued in trades. he fits our team, offensively.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#237 » by Anderson Hunt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:02 pm

My trade prediction:

Russell, Hachimura, Schifino, Vincent, '29 first (and maybe also a swap)

for

Murray, De'Andre Hunter, Patty Mills, and Wes Matthews

PG - Murray - Reaves ------ Mays
SG - Mills ----- Christie ----- Matthews
C --- Davis ---- Wood -------- Hayes
PF - James -- Vanderbilt - Reddish
SF - Hunter -- Prince -------- Lewis

They'll have to salary-dump Vanderbilt this offseason to make room under the apron after Murray's contract goes up and Christie is resigned.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,118

Post#238 » by shrink » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 pm

loveshaq007 wrote:naz Reid would have been the difference for us. we should have paid him!!

Not the Lakers fault. He extended in MIN hours before free agency opened, reportedly for less than back channel offers.
shrink
RealGM

Post#239 » by shrink » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:23 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's the cost of bringing Russell back. No one wants him and it looks like we'll have to trade a first to get rid of him. A first that will, in all likelihood, be in the top 5 picks.

That’s why I stopped by. I was curious if you guys had worked through the best third teams that might have more interest (or less, “disinterest”) in DLo?
shrink
RealGM

Post#240 » by shrink » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:27 pm

And while I’m here - any interest in trading for Troy Brown Jr?

He’s played too well in MIN to deserve DNP-CD’s, and he comes in knowing how to play with LeBron and AD. He’s like MIN’s 10th man now, and I’m wondering if he’d make your regular season and playoff rotation as like an 8th or 9th? Seems like a good guy.

$4 mil this year, and $4 mil team option next season.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers