ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Deadline approaching - update Dennis return?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 25

Re: Trade Deadline approaching - who is expendable? 

Post#41 » by loveshaq007 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:16 pm

TyCobb wrote:We’re getting Lavine tomorrow aren’t we…

The most I’d give up is Russell, Wood, Hood-Schifino, Vincent and picks for Lavine. Christie and Rui stay. Lebron new PG and backup will be a PG who gets bought out.

I pray that isn't the case. he has a nasty contract. dangelo is playing more efficiently.

Mitchell or Pascal ... I'm ok with. otherwise we shut up and play hard. hood, Vincent and a pick could get us OG, so no way the package you mentioned, is good for us. I think we get worse and lose hella depth. wood is out AD insurance. idc if he isn't getting playing time

Gabe for tyus please
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,313

Post#42 » by tamaraw08 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:46 pm

I like Rui but I just don't think Ham knows how to actually maximize his potential. Vs the Spurs with no Lebron and a tired AD, Darvin still chose to just play him for just 24 minutes.
I like Lavine but my Gosh, his enormous contract will just put this team in that dreaded 2nd apron and also would force them to gut their depth.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#43 » by loveshaq007 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:06 pm

first option... is gabe, Rui and a pick .... OG and Thaddeus or DeRozan and andre

other options:
rui, gabe, hood ( and a pick) for pascal makes sense for everyone

same for Mitchell

I'd also consider trading gabe for monte morris. tyus, or delon straight up
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 444

Post#44 » by Doug_12 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:55 pm

TyCobb wrote:We’re getting Lavine tomorrow aren’t we…

The most I’d give up is Russell, Wood, Hood-Schifino, Vincent and picks for Lavine. Christie and Rui stay. Lebron new PG and backup will be a PG who gets bought out.

That'd be an awful deal. Lavine for 40m/year kills any future possibility to improve the team via the FA market, which would be particularly bad as:
a; we are a traditionally appealing FA destination
b; we have no other means to improve as we have no tradable picks until 2029
c; and Lavine is not the 1st or 2nd best player of a title team (which you'd need from someone who eats up 30% of your cap)

In these circumstances I wouldn't give up anything more for Lavine than matching salary. No picks and no prospects - unless they compensate for them. Basically a Rui+Russell+JHS+Lewis for Lavine +1st (lotto protected)+2nd would be the max I'd offer. (As Russell+Rui alone is not enough matching salary)

Of course, that's probably very well below what the Bulls desire, but that's right. I don't think these two teams are looking for each other in this trade.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#45 » by loveshaq007 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:42 pm

who in the league is reaves available for?

If Golden State warriors want to do curry a favor and trade him... I would definitely package Reeves, D'Angelo, and Rui for him

I also think Donovan Mitchell is worth the price and has one of the best contracts.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#46 » by loveshaq007 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:42 pm

loveshaq007 wrote:first option... is gabe, Rui and a pick .... OG and Thaddeus or DeRozan and andre

other options:
rui, gabe, hood ( and a pick) for pascal makes sense for everyone

same for Mitchell

I'd also consider trading gabe for monte morris. tyus, or delon straight up

I would love to trade gabe,hood and a pick for dejaunte... if possible too
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#47 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:07 am

After looking at his contract and his injury history and not so great defense, the fact that he needs the ball in his hand a lot to heat up, LaVine doesn’t fit our needs very well.

Pascal, Smart, and sure, Curry would make us unstoppable but what we would have to give up for him amounts to an incomplete roster. I worry that Mitchell causes the same problem.

D Lo has been very effective on offense this season. I’d say stellar. And, he’s trying harder on defense by the game. I just hope that continues if we keep him. He knows what can happen on December 15. He even attempted to take a charge yesterday.

This raises his stock. I hope that’s the plan, as he’s still the first player I’d be willing to trade, because if his lack of effort on defense. He’s still about 50% short of being a good enough defender to be a starter on a championship team, sadly.

I trust Pelinka’s judgment.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,857

Post#48 » by Beethoven » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:50 am

Dlo and rui >> lavine
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Post#49 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:35 pm

loveshaq007 wrote:who in the league is reaves available for?

If Golden State warriors want to do curry a favor and trade him... I would definitely package Reeves, D'Angelo, and Rui for him

You really think Reeves, D'Lo and Rui get Curry? lol....come on man. I'm sure they appreciate your kindness, but it's gonna take AD and about 3 first round picks on top of that. AND Curry's gonna have to demand it.

Reality folks......let's try our best to stay there, eh? Makes the conversation much more interesting. I'd love to trade Vanderbilt for Embiid as much as the next guy, but it's not stimulating conversation.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Post#50 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:43 pm

Following up on that last post.....remember all the stuff we had to give away for Brick?!? So come on all. Stop posting how you'd like to pawn off one or two of our deep bench players for tier A- / B+ semi-stars. The Clippers sent a host of young guys, and what was it??? 3 first round picks, and a pick swap...for over the hill Harden who publicly REFUSED to play for his team, and kept badmouthing management. But we're gonna slide in there and trade Rui Gabe and Hood (and a pick) for Mitchell??? Come on guys....

It's fairytale land around here. Let's get back to reality, and have a more interesting conversation about who/what me might get.
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#51 » by hazy_01 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:36 pm

Jarrett Allen? Now Garland/Mobley out, he might be available?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:22 pm

hazy_01 wrote:Jarrett Allen? Now Garland/Mobley out, he might be available?

A frontline of

SF Davis
PF LeBron
C Jarrett Allen

… would be great!
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#53 » by loveshaq007 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:45 am

danfantastk32 wrote:

You really think Reeves, D'Lo and Rui get Curry? lol....come on man. I'm sure they appreciate your kindness, but it's gonna take AD and about 3 first round picks on top of that. AND Curry's gonna have to demand it.

Reality folks......let's try our best to stay there, eh? Makes the conversation much more interesting. I'd love to trade Vanderbilt for Embiid as much as the next guy, but it's not stimulating conversation.

I imagine with picks and also maybe even vando
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#54 » by loveshaq007 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:46 am

stan francisco wrote:

A frontline of

SF Davis
PF LeBron
C Jarrett Allen

… would be great!

I don't see how. Jared Allen becomes more available with the injury of mobley. I see him becoming more coveted. they would appreciate more size. Rui, dangelo and pick for Mitchell seems way more likely, now
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by stan francisco » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:42 am

loveshaq007 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

A frontline of

SF Davis
PF LeBron
C Jarrett Allen

… would be great!

I don't see how. Jared Allen becomes more available with the injury of mobley. I see him becoming more coveted. they would appreciate more size. Rui, dangelo and pick for Mitchell seems way more likely, now

Rui stays if I have a say. Not negotiable.

D Lo and Woods and/or Hayes, add picks. You’re right, it’s still not enough for Allen unless we find a third team.

Detroit could use D Lo’s playmaking.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#56 » by loveshaq007 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:53 am

Detroit has cade, Hayes, sasser, morris. ivey, ... heavy on guards
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,857

Post#57 » by Beethoven » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:12 am

Blow it up. Shameful.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,940

Post#58 » by TGW » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:01 am

I also think Donovan Mitchell is worth the price and has one of the best contracts.

How could Golden State say no to such an awesome offer?
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#59 » by loveshaq007 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:56 pm

TGW wrote:

How could Golden State say no to such an awesome offer?

that was just the framework... loll

of course picks and possibly vando gotta be included
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#60 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:52 pm

lol took till 3rd page for someone to suggest we target a big man. Lakers fo and fans are clueless. Still think pg is the problem. We deserve to suck. The formula for a championship is simple: fire ham (replace w terry Stotts), trade for defensive big that isn’t an idiot on offense (doesn’t have to be world beater, just not a moron like Hayes or a black hole like wood). For a big id target markannen if available (sell everything but reaves lebron and ad to get him), hartenstein, Claxton, JV, poetl. Not sure who is available but easy to start there
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers