ImageImageImageImageImage

Taurean Prince

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 88

Taurean Prince 

Post#1 » by Anderson Hunt » Fri May 3, 2024 8:49 am

I think he's a solid backup forward. He signed with the team last summer using the BAE (bi-annual exception) of 4.5 million for one year. What is the most the Lakers could offer him to resign him?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 816

Re: Taurean Prince 

Post#2 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:16 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:I think he's a solid backup forward. He signed with the team last summer using the BAE (bi-annual exception) of 4.5 million for one year. What is the most the Lakers could offer him to resign him?

Nothing they should use it for a Center
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Anderson Hunt » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:I think he's a solid backup forward. He signed with the team last summer using the BAE (bi-annual exception) of 4.5 million for one year. What is the most the Lakers could offer him to resign him?

The center they need can be had for the minimum.

A guy like Christian Wood is fine as the backup center for 95 percent of the league. For other teams, like Denver, they simply need to sign a big, bruising, defensive center, a guy like Howard, who'd come here for the minimum.

Wings like Prince are harder to come by, thus the question.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:33 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

A guy like Christian Wood is fine as the backup center for 95 percent of the league. For other teams, like Denver, they simply need to sign a big, bruising, defensive center, a guy like Howard, who'd come here for the minimum.

AD is only getting older.... He needs to go back to PF in the starting lineup and that money should go to McGee

I know it sounds ridiculous but he would be a great defensive starting center and AD and him have chemistry already. Woods can Backup McGee for offense and then sign Dwight for the minimum. That would be 4 centers McGee/Woods/ Hayes, Dwight this playoff run vs nothing this previous one.

You can find a Prince player in a trade package or Max Christie can just takeover that role for his current contract
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#5 » by Anderson Hunt » Fri May 3, 2024 4:40 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

AD is only getting older.... He needs to go back to PF in the starting lineup and that money should go to McGee

I know it sounds ridiculous but he would be a great defensive starting center and AD and him have chemistry already. Woods can Backup McGee for offense and then sign Dwight for the minimum. That would be 4 centers McGee/Woods/ Hayes, Dwight this playoff run vs nothing this previous one.

You can find a Prince player in a trade package or Max Christie can just takeover that role for his current contract

If Davis defends PFs, what position does James defend?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:59 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:The center they need can be had for the minimum.

Sf and PG
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#7 » by Anderson Hunt » Fri May 3, 2024 7:05 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Sf and PG

Do you think having a traditional center on the floor the majority of the time with James guarding SFs (and PGs) is a good idea?

I don't. I think they need a big-body center for only a handful of teams. For the other 25 teams, Davis at center is fine.

They need one big-body center, and they need James and Hachimura to box-out and rebound on the defensive end more consistently.

If James can't/won't defensive rebound, then I agree with you. Sacrifice spacing and shooting and starting Davis and James at PF & SF with a traditional center there to man the paint makes sense to solve the rebounding issue.

But again, I think James is more than capable of increasing his rebounding percentage. I think he's more likely to rebound more effectively than he is to defend and chase young, modern wings around the perimeter. At his age and size, James should be inside more on defense and passing more on offense.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:30 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:If Davis defends PFs, what position does James defend?

Sf and PG

Do you think having a traditional center on the floor the majority of the time with James guarding SFs (and PGs) is a good idea?

I don't. I think they need a big-body center for only a handful of teams. For the other 25 teams, Davis at center is fine.

They need one big-body center, and they need James and Hachimura to box-out and rebound on the defensive end more consistently.

If James can't/won't defensive rebound, then I agree with you. Sacrifice spacing and shooting and starting Davis and James at PF & SF with a traditional center there to man the paint makes sense to solve the rebounding issue.

But again, I think James is more than capable of increasing his rebounding percentage. I think he's more likely to rebound more effectively than he is to defend and chase young, modern wings around the perimeter. At his age and size, James should be inside more on defense and passing more on offense.

I think they need to start the season with a true center and AD/LeBron to learn how to play and create a identity

Lakers can't win no matter what playing small ball vs the Nuggets and also playing a whole season with AD at Center will have him banged up by the playoffs

Lakers should target Tillman, Biyombo, Jonas

I would also let go of Prince and get a player like Caleb Martin instead. Trade Reaves, Rui, Gabe for Mitchell
Trade DLo, Jalen, Vando for Bogdan

Mitchell, Bogdan, LeBron, AD, Jonas
Max, Caleb Martin, Reddish, Woods, Hayes, Dwight
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#9 » by TylersLakers » Fri May 3, 2024 10:35 pm

I like Prince. If we can keep him, I certainly would. I wonder if he's essentially a vet min guy at this stage of the game. Would anyone else offer him their BLE? The stench from this season and how he was perceived in the media as Darvin's toy may hinder his market value.

Isn't there a way we can keep him at his current number with a little bump? I can't remember what the percentage is or the number is, but even if you don't have full Bird Rights on a guy - I'm pretty sure in the past you've been able to give him a bump from his current number and if you do that for 2 summers in a row, you would have full Bird Rights the third year.

He's a really solid player, the perfect 8th or 9th guy in your rotation. He should never be playing 25-30 minutes in a game unless he's absolutely on fire and has a great defensive matchup.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#10 » by Anderson Hunt » Sun May 5, 2024 1:42 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Sf and PG

I think they need to start the season with a true center and AD/LeBron to learn how to play and create a identity

Lakers can't win no matter what playing small ball vs the Nuggets and also playing a whole season with AD at Center will have him banged up by the playoffs

Lakers should target Tillman, Biyombo, Jonas

I would also let go of Prince and get a player like Caleb Martin instead. Trade Reaves, Rui, Gabe for Mitchell
Trade DLo, Jalen, Vando for Bogdan

Mitchell, Bogdan, LeBron, AD, Jonas
Max, Caleb Martin, Reddish, Woods, Hayes, Dwight

That's a good team, but it's not realistic.

How do you acquire Jonas and Caleb Martin?
And why do Cleveland and Portland take those trades?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers