ImageImageImageImageImage

Supposed rumor from Clublakers forum

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Supposed rumor from Clublakers forum 

Post#1 » by islander009 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:21 pm

Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody else has heard about this rumor? It was posted on clublakers forum. http://www.clublakers.com/forums/did-an ... 86949.html
Site link if anybody wants to check it out. I am assuming it isn't true at all because no one has spoke about it here nor there. Plus Sac really wants to send Kenny Thomas' contract with any trade. Well just want to know anyones input on this if this was to go down or any info on it.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Re: Supposed rumor from Clublakers forum 

Post#2 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:30 pm

islander009 wrote:Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody else has heard about this rumor? It was posted on clublakers forum. http://www.clublakers.com/forums/did-an ... 86949.html
Site link if anybody wants to check it out. I am assuming it isn't true at all because no one has spoke about it here nor there. Plus Sac really wants to send Kenny Thomas' contract with any trade. Well just want to know anyones input on this if this was to go down or any info on it.

IBTL
LAL4Life
Senior
And1: 3

Post#3 » by LAL4Life » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:40 pm

The Queens aren't giving us Artest, and the Lakers wouldn't take Miller's contract. Anyway, I wouldn't want to give up Farmar in that deal.
Kirk Moon
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Kirk Moon » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:54 pm

bad deal for LA.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#5 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:59 pm

supposed rumor???
is that like "near miss".
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
LAL4Life
Senior

Post#6 » by LAL4Life » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:02 pm

gothik wrote:bad deal for LA.

Really? I mean, I'd rather throw in a couple firsts and keep Farmar, but I'd do this in a heartbeat. Ron Ron is exactly the type of player we need (see my sig), and with Phil and Kobe crackin' the whip, I'm sure he'd keep it together. And even though Miller is old and overpaid, he's still a great passer and can knock down the mid-range J. Too bad neither team would touch this deal, because with a Fish/Kobe/Artest/Odom/Bynum lineup with Luke, Ariza, Miller, Crit, Sasha, Ronny and Mihm off the bench, we would challenge SA for #1 in the West.
Kirk Moon
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Kirk Moon » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:09 pm

artest is a nut case, not someone you want near your future franchise 20 year old center.
miller is ok as a backup actually.
LAL4Life
Senior

Post#8 » by LAL4Life » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:15 pm

gothik wrote:artest is a nut case, not someone you want near your future franchise 20 year old center.
miller is ok as a backup actually.

I wouldn't be too worried about Artest rubbing off on Bynum. Drew's a smart, mature kid, and he's surrounded by guys like Cap, Kobe, Phil and Fisher on a daily basis. And yeah, Ron is a little crazy, but with a chance to win a title alongside Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson, I'm sure he'd keep it together enough to stay on the court and play at a hgh level. Personally, as long as he doesn't end up in prison, I really don't think his off-court wackiness would affect the team.
djericho
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#9 » by djericho » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:29 pm

IBTL x2

and I wouldn't want Miller... undersized C, but prolly could play PF position. But I'd still rather give the mins to Turiaf over Miller @ both Positions....
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#10 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:44 pm

Rumors in themselves are tough to back up. Rumors from another forum? Nope.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to Los Angeles Lakers