ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Critt vs Farmar debute

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Official Critt vs Farmar debute 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:05 am

Now I have said all year that Critt was the steal of the draft and I actually got made fun of it here because I was here so happy draft day. Couldn't really compare the 2 because Critt ride the pine so long but today he finally should he could play. 1 Game might not be enough for this thread to really take off yet but I am putting it out there anyway.

Critt is there man of the future. They could very easily put Kobe at the 3 and Critt at the 2 but somehow I doubt they will.

This is why I feel they should trade Kwame for a player and throw in Luke and Farmar because those guys have value plus the expiring and with Ariza there and Critt we will be fine plus there will be a baller coming in.

Anyway back to the topic, I think Farmar will be a very nice player. A 15 5 guy with 2 steals a game.
I think Critt could easily become a 17-20 point a game allstar with 8 assists. I think Critt and Bynum should both be untradable and them to together will unsure the Lakers are always relevent and even now they will be great. They are not 17 year old kids. They can play now.

Critt has better d then Farmar plus is bigger and way more atheltic. Farmar seems like he could be a second go to guy in his peak where Critt could lead a team like a Deron Williams can. I think we are talking the difference between a guy like Felton and Paul. Those guys are analogies, I don't think like they play like each other I mean Critt is like a Paul and Farmar is like a Felton.

This question could be relevent to the debate here. Can they all stay Lakers? DFisher even though he seems to be having his best year here now but he is 33 and in a year or 2 he might want to only play 10 minutes a game or something. Lets say we start Critt and Kobe in the backcourt (I can't wait) we could have Farmar coming off the bench and also if lets say we send out our sf first we could still have Farmar off the bench first and go with a 3 guard lineup of Farmar-Kobe-Critt.
They just need to get rid of Sasha so Phil doesn't play him over Critt.

I am really pleased with Fisher but if he hadn't come we would be having Farmar as a starter and Critt would get about 30 mins plus or would have stolen the starting job.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#2 » by LLcoleJ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:07 am

what is a debute?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
methius
Pro Prospect
And1: 10

Post#3 » by methius » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:10 am

More potential? --- CRITTENTON

But i will say, I don't see any reason to trade one of these guys unless we are of course getting a legitimate second option in return. I think these guys have the potential to be solid duo at point guard.

If I had to trade one I would trade Farmar based solely on potential. I do think he can be a solid 16/7/3/2 player in this league however.
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#4 » by Mindflayer » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:19 am

Wow. One game against a bad team and now Crit is better than Farmer. NOT.

So what are you proposing to trade Kwame, Farmer, and Walton for? Unless its Kidd and then Crit doesn't see any of his current garbage playing time.

I loved the Crit pick but he still has mental lapses just like Odom. He has more physical talent thatn Farmer I just question his mental talent and his outside shot.
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
"J-Rich is a better dunker than Kobe and can put up the same stats if he was "the man" of the Lakers, advantage = J-Rich"
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#5 » by tkb » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:30 am

Farmar is the better player at this point. All that hard work this summer has paid off for him in a major way. Having said that I think Crittenton at full potential can be a star in this league. How he develops and how hard he works will determine what kind of player he is. All the potential and talent is there already.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,265

Post#6 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:32 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:what is a debute?

:rofl: I was thinking the exact same thing...only more like, "What the FUKC is a debute?"
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#7 » by Minhee » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:44 am

Star you seriously get too excited way too easily. We all know Critt has plenty of upside, the Lakers have said they are very high on him ever since draft night. Since he was drafted, you were making literally one thread on him per day asking no demanding why we are not as excited as you are.

You are making it sound like Farmar is a scrub, the fact is that we have two reliable PG right now in Fisher and Farmar. We have a future PG in Critt, you are making too big a deal way too early. Relax as I am sure Critt will get more time eventually, lets not rush him into things when we have a solid rotation for the time being. Fisher will not be here forever, Farmar and Critt will be our future playmaker.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#8 » by Tommy Trojan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:08 am

I still think one of those guy's will be traded, along with kwame brown.
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#9 » by NOODLESTYLE » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:13 am

Crittenton definitely has talent and potential, he was supposedly the best guard in his class coming out of high school. I don't think it has to be a Crittenton vs Farmar situation. Farmar and Crittenton both can add different things, not to mention Fisher is aging as well. Critt can also be a combo guard for the Lakers.
Illuminati
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#10 » by Illuminati » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:17 am

Jordan Farmer has a 40 inch vert.
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#11 » by NOODLESTYLE » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:27 am

Illuminati wrote:Jordan Farmer has a 42 inch vert.

Fixed

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-dra ... ft=0&sort=

:lol:
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,457

Post#12 » by Lost Angel » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:51 am

terrible idea. Fisher wont be playing forever, and its a luxury to have two, talented, young point guards on the roster. they will be our 1-2 punch at point guard for many years. let them compete for the starter job once Fisher leaves. there are still plenty of minutes to go around if Crittenton can play some spot minutes at the two
Phil Jackson
Banned User

Post#13 » by Phil Jackson » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:57 am

You try too hard man you should calm down a little. What the hell is a debute?
Minhee
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Minhee » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:13 am

Lost Angel wrote:terrible idea. Fisher wont be playing forever, and its a luxury to have two, talented, young point guards on the roster. they will be our 1-2 punch at point guard for many years.

Well said :clap:
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#15 » by SashAlex » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:23 am

Farmar looks much better at the moment ! And more important !
djericho
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#16 » by djericho » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:35 am

Phil Jackson wrote:You try too hard man you should calm down a little. What the hell is a debute?

:nod:

it really it was more of a "debute" of what might be the future backcourt of the lakers.

Norm Nixon went as far as to christen Farmar and Crittenton as the backcourt of the future.

I don't see Kobe going anywhere for the next couple of years, but fisher is a different story, where he could retire in 2-3. If Kobe doesn't flat out say "I want to be a Laker for life" then it could be the back court of the future...

And yes to have Fisher, Farmar, Crittenton, Kobe and Sasha (the 20, he's a machine version) is a great luxury...
Hoops Pimp
Junior
And1: 0

Post#17 » by Hoops Pimp » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:44 am

The Lakers have a couple options with Critt. Critt is going to start to see a lot more playing time before the trading deadline as a showcase for teams who from what I hear and read seem to have a lot of interest in him. The Lakers will consider offers and look to make a deal in a package with Kwame if it is in the best interest of the team. If not, The Lakers like what a good shooter Farmar has become and will likely have him as the primary backup for Kobe next season with Critt as the primary backup for Fish if he develops the same way Farmar has done in his second season. I believe Sasha is as good as gone come next season or even in a deal this season to a team looking for a shooter.
"One of my Ho's asked me one day why I play hoops and my sneakers never get dirty? I told her I got more hang time than M.J. and my sneakers never touch the ground."

Hoops Pimp
LakerFanSince84
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Official Critt vs Farmar debute 

Post#18 » by LakerFanSince84 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:52 am

star24 wrote:Now I have said all year that Critt was the steal of the draft and I actually got made fun of it here because I was here so happy draft day. Couldn't really compare the 2 because Critt ride the pine so long but today he finally should he could play. 1 Game might not be enough for this thread to really take off yet but I am putting it out there anyway.

Critt is there man of the future. They could very easily put Kobe at the 3 and Critt at the 2 but somehow I doubt they will.

This is why I feel they should trade Kwame for a player and throw in Luke and Farmar because those guys have value plus the expiring and with Ariza there and Critt we will be fine plus there will be a baller coming in.

Anyway back to the topic, I think Farmar will be a very nice player. A 15 5 guy with 2 steals a game.
I think Critt could easily become a 17-20 point a game allstar with 8 assists. I think Critt and Bynum should both be untradable and them to together will unsure the Lakers are always relevent and even now they will be great. They are not 17 year old kids. They can play now.

Critt has better d then Farmar plus is bigger and way more atheltic. Farmar seems like he could be a second go to guy in his peak where Critt could lead a team like a Deron Williams can. I think we are talking the difference between a guy like Felton and Paul. Those guys are analogies, I don't think like they play like each other I mean Critt is like a Paul and Farmar is like a Felton.

This question could be relevent to the debate here. Can they all stay Lakers? DFisher even though he seems to be having his best year here now but he is 33 and in a year or 2 he might want to only play 10 minutes a game or something. Lets say we start Critt and Kobe in the backcourt (I can't wait) we could have Farmar coming off the bench and also if lets say we send out our sf first we could still have Farmar off the bench first and go with a 3 guard lineup of Farmar-Kobe-Critt.
They just need to get rid of Sasha so Phil doesn't play him over Critt.

I am really pleased with Fisher but if he hadn't come we would be having Farmar as a starter and Critt would get about 30 mins plus or would have stolen the starting job.

What a bold faced liar...there are several post where u suggested that the Lakers trade Crittenton. I can't believe you would try and say you've been in support of J-Critt. There are a few folks that actually supported him since day 1...and you are not one of them. Everyone knows what u post because you post ridiculous stuff almost everyday...check the posts people
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#19 » by El Hardee » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:56 pm

As of right now its not even DEBUTABLE, Farmar easily.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,770

Post#20 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:40 pm

I actually think that this argument is undebutable. Farmar plays like a point guard (he creates for other people as well as himself plus can finish when others create for him), Critt on the other hand seems strongest when when others create for him and occassionally he will create his own shot. what I didn't see was Critt creating for others.

I am not saying Critt can't create for others, all am saying is that the comparison at this point is invalid, undebutable and moot.
Forum permissions