ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrew Bynum evulation question

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Andrew Bynum evulation question 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:23 pm

Does Bynum get bullied by tougher guys and that is why sometimes he is just not there, no impact or is it just he is 20 so sometimes he is inconsistant but getting better?
Dalembert is no powerhouse but he is a great defender and Bynum chews him up. Also Bynum is very big and strong himself so it's hard for me to believe he gets overpowered at all let alone out of the game.
I could even see him developing a DHoward type of body.

There are things that do make me wonder like the 2 point game against Camby. I know Camby didn't outpower him but Camby is Defense with a capital D.

Each month his average has continued to go up steadily and I actually think his Jan average could be 20 12 3.
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#2 » by zen_4_10 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:28 pm

Like most young kids he can be taken out of his game when you are physical with him. Remeber his ejection in the SA game? That's because Umberto was being physical, same with Perkins and KG in those 2 games against Boston.

Against Camby and Denver he was recovering from the stomach flu/ food poisoning (whicher it was) so he was not looking to score much but was a huge defensive presence for us.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#3 » by Dexmor » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:36 pm

I forgot about the stomach flu. I don't think that physical thing will happen to him next year when he is a 4 year vet and he will probably be even stronger. Instead he will probably a complete beast that nobody can boss around.
Do you agree?
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Tommy Trojan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:47 pm

star24 wrote:I forgot about the stomach flu. I don't think that physical thing will happen to him next year when he is a 4 year vet and he will probably be even stronger. Instead he will probably a complete beast that nobody can boss around.
Do you agree?

I agree somewhat, don't forget Howard is a monster, and you always have Yoa. Besides those two I think Bynum would man handle the rest.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Re: Andrew Bynum evulation question 

Post#5 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:49 pm

star24 wrote:Does Bynum get bullied by tougher guys and that is why sometimes he is just not there, no impact or is it just he is 20 so sometimes he is inconsistant but getting better?
Dalembert is no powerhouse but he is a great defender and Bynum chews him up. Also Bynum is very big and strong himself so it's hard for me to believe he gets overpowered at all let alone out of the game.
I could even see him developing a DHoward type of body.

There are things that do make me wonder like the 2 point game against Camby. I know Camby didn't outpower him but Camby is Defense with a capital D.

Each month his average has continued to go up steadily and I actually think his Jan average could be 20 12 3.

Star please be honest with us , you dont watch the Lakers game do you ?
Come on now , be honest .

You know I say that cause if you would have actually watched lets say last nights game , you can actually see that , Bynum is a lot stronger and bigger than 70 % of the centers out there and he did man handle J.O and company .
He is still young , but he has a good follow through even when he gets fouled , example last nights game against Indiana .

You always like to compare Bynum to Howard , honestly you need to compare Bynum to Bynum .... No one else .
I think one of the biggest advantages that Bynum has is his height and his wingspan .........

One of the biggest reasons you see him backing off at times , casue he doesnt want to pickup dumb fouls .
Give him sometime and allow him to grow .
SDChargers#1
Starter
And1: 104

Post#6 » by SDChargers#1 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:40 pm

I think it is funny that you say that Bynum could have a Dwight Howard type body. The scary thing is that Dwight Howard is listed at 265 lbs. Bynum is already listed as 285 lbs. Howard obviously knows how to use his size much better than Bynum. But in a couple of years the ONLY player who will be larger than Bynum will be Yao (and maybe Oden depending on how much he works).
tayzer
Junior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by tayzer » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:14 am

I haven't seen anyone overpower him. Just a few vetern players play dirty by grabbing him, holding him or pushing him off balance when the refs are not watching and that frusterates him, but he'll learn to do those same tricks in time.
CX44
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#8 » by CX44 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:16 am

Even though Bynum is 20 he is a young man playing against men. Veterans at that. Bynum's body has not physcially matured and he has not learned the nuances of the game yet.
Kobe Bean24
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Kobe Bean24 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:54 pm

SDChargers#1 wrote:I think it is funny that you say that Bynum could have a Dwight Howard type body. The scary thing is that Dwight Howard is listed at 265 lbs. Bynum is already listed as 285 lbs. Howard obviously knows how to use his size much better than Bynum. But in a couple of years the ONLY player who will be larger than Bynum will be Yao (and maybe Oden depending on how much he works).

I'm from Portland so i here all the stories about Oden. His trainer had to tell him to stop working out cause the 20 pounds of muscle he added to his upper body was not good for the rehab of his knee. Thats right I said 20 pounds! He will be a beast when he comes back next year, and its going to be fun watching the Kobe/Bynum vs Roy/Oden match up for the next several years to come :nod:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers