ImageImageImageImageImage

remember we were 23-11 LAST YEAR ALSO

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,457

remember we were 23-11 LAST YEAR ALSO 

Post#1 » by Lost Angel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:39 pm

not to rain on our parade, but we were at this point last season as well.

injuries derailed our season. i hope its different this time around, but lets not jump ahead of ourselves here. we need to continue this after the allstar break
Sunny_So_Cal
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Sunny_So_Cal » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:54 pm

arring any injuries, this team is vastly improved from a year ago. The bench is far more productive! Also, look at our margin of victory on the season. Still, I really belive that Kobe is really doing an excellent job of trusting his teammates and playing more within the system. He creates so many opportunities due to the fear he instills in every opponents mind!
You must know everything!
tnayrbrocks
Senior

Post#3 » by tnayrbrocks » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Our schedule was so much easier last year and we played a lot of games at home last year. This year's team is road tested and has played quality opponents
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#4 » by Joe Kleazy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:59 pm

:banghead: :nonono: :wavefinger: :evil:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Re: remember we were 23-11 LAST YEAR ALSO 

Post#5 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Lost Angel wrote:not to rain on our parade, but we were at this point last season as well.

injuries derailed our season. i hope its different this time around, but lets not jump ahead of ourselves here. we need to continue this after the allstar break

Why would you post such a Chlep Rock bad luck post like this .
You want to remind us of what ?
Personally I would rather keep negative things in the past and I dont see why you would bring this subject up .
But thats me .
dleeaudiox
Senior

Post#6 » by dleeaudiox » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:13 pm

havent posted here for a couple months cuz of posts like this.... the lakers board is filled with haters and doubters of their own purple and gold. Get those silver spoons out of your mouths and start loving the team. When we win we complain.... when we lose we complain.... just shut the hell up and enjoy the W's
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#7 » by Gerald3Wallace » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:18 pm

dleeaudiox wrote:havent posted here for a couple months cuz of posts like this.... the lakers board is filled with haters and doubters of their own purple and gold. Get those silver spoons out of your mouths and start loving the team. When we win we complain.... when we lose we complain.... just shut the hell up and enjoy the W's

+++++++1
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#8 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Last year we started great because
1) 17 of our first 24 games were at home
2) Our starters worked well together and had good chemistry (Phill managed to maximize the potential of Smush, Kwame, Luke etc) but we did not have much of a bench

As soon as someone got injured it heavily affected the entire team because we had no depth and relied so much on the starters... Couple that with the fact that we were bad defensively and our rode trips came at times when we were most injured

This year we have started great because
1) Bynum
2) Fisher
3) Bench development
4) Defensive rotations
5) We have learned to win on the road
6) When someone gets injured his backup is ready and willing to step up
7) Free throw shooting is much better
8) Fisher
9) Bynum

Last year we were winning by 5, this year we are winning by 25... We are so much better this year its not even funny
djericho
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#9 » by djericho » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:37 pm

That Nicka wrote:

This year we have started great because
1) Bynum
2) Fisher
3) Bench development
4) Defensive rotations
5) We have learned to win on the road
6) When someone gets injured his backup is ready and willing to step up
7) Free throw shooting is much better
8) Fisher
9) Bynum

I think you forgot 10) NO SMUSH!!!!
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#10 » by El Hardee » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:49 pm

TonyMontana wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why would you post such a Chlep Rock bad luck post like this .
You want to remind us of what ?
Personally I would rather keep negative things in the past and I dont see why you would bring this subject up .
But thats me .
Chlep Rock :rofl: . You really showed your age on that one TM.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#11 » by SashAlex » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:51 pm

Lost Angel wrote:not to rain on our parade, but we were at this point last season as well.

Would you want it to repeat ?

If you want, don't enjoy the W's as we do !
When you keep being positive, everything will be alright !
Everyone still realizes that this team is not there yet, but seeing how vastly the game has improved since last year, I can say that keeping this pace and attitude this team will be there.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#12 » by Tommy Trojan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:02 pm

I don't think we will slow down this season, unless the injury bug hit's us.
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#13 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:20 pm

El Hardee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Chlep Rock :rofl: . You really showed your age on that one TM.

LOLLLL you like that ?????????

The reason I remember Chlep Rock is , my boy was the Chlep Rock that always use to open his mouth at the wrong time , and after he would ISH use to go bad right after that .

I mean I recall one time there was 7 of us on the 605 freeway going south bound towards Long Beach around 2:30 in the morning , honeys in my droptop in the back , with him driving since I was drunk , and the top was down on my ride , and like always he would open his mouth up at the wrong time and then Boom something Fup would happen .

Anyhow we were cruzing down the 605 and we had some other peps behind us , and then he opens his mouth up and say to me and the girls in my car ............... " Dam Jay you have had some bad A55 cars before , but this one is my favorite " So I got pissed and I told him to shut the hell up , then one of the girls told me , why are you being mean to him , his being nice to you and his giving you a compliment .

I replied back to the girl , I said you dont know him and his Chlep Rock A55 , the minute he opens his mouth and gives you a compliment or gives you props ........ Something bad happens .........

Then the girls thought I was tripping out since I drank a little too much ...............
So not even 10 minutes later .......... My boys in Range Rover that was behind us is now in front of US .
Then all of a sudden my buddies Range Rover swearved violently to the left and there it was a FREAKING FRIG in the middle of the freeway , and guess what it was too late to try to miss it ..........BOOOOOOOOM

My entire front bumper my widebody kit , Carbon fiber hood , the entire left side of my car , my rims , windshield ......
I swear to GOD , it didnt even phase me , cause I expected it to happen once he opened his mouth , it was like I was prepared for it .
My car was destroyed from a refrigerator in the middle of the freeway 2:40 in the morning .

Where does a refrigerator pop out in front of you on the freeway at 2:40 in the morning .

When we pulled over , the girls got out the car so fast and waited in my boys Range while we got help .
After my car got picked up the girl I had hooked up with called me and told me that she never wants to go out with me if my friend is around or if he ever goes anywhere we go .

I have a lot more stories about him , believe me .

There are peps like him in this world , the minute they open their mouth something bad happens ........... :nod:
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#14 » by El Hardee » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Yeah I used to chill with a dude we called Chlep Rock too.
LAKERSindaHOUSE
Junior

Post#15 » by LAKERSindaHOUSE » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:25 pm

did last years team have about 15 blowouts in the first 23 wins??? No!

Last years team had absolutely nothing in common with this team. No deepness. No dominant center. Horrible defense at the point guard position. No fisher. No Ariza. Farmar was just being introduced to the game. Bynum was a kid compared to now. A completely different team.

This is the most ridiculous post i've read in some time.
Kirk Moon
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Kirk Moon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 pm

dleeaudiox wrote:havent posted here for a couple months cuz of posts like this.... the lakers board is filled with haters and doubters of their own purple and gold. Get those silver spoons out of your mouths and start loving the team. When we win we complain.... when we lose we complain.... just shut the hell up and enjoy the W's

amen, brother :clap:
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#17 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:46 pm

El Hardee wrote:Yeah I used to chill with a dude we called Chlep Rock too.

LOLLLLLLLL

I think everybody at one point of time in their life had a Chlpe Rock friend ..............LOLLLLLLLLLL
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,457

Post#18 » by Lost Angel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:18 pm

what the hell? your calling me a hater? check the join date. i didnt complain. i made an observation. we are playing good ball and its imperative it continues. way to misread my post. kind of like the way most of you misread everything.

i pointed out that injuries derailed that season. we haven't exactly been completely healthy this year either.

my post was meant for those who think we are legit title contenders. but we're missing a piece to the puzzle.

i agree this year we are much better. but if we get all relieved and CONTENT with how we are playing then we will never get past teams like San Antonio and Boston.

where is the hunger to do even more? one more thing.

"sit back and enjoy the W's..." <--- I will once it's playoff time noob
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#19 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Lost Angel wrote:what the hell? your calling me a hater? check the join date. i didnt complain. i made an observation. we are playing good ball and its imperative it continues. way to misread my post. kind of like the way most of you misread everything.

i pointed out that injuries derailed that season. we haven't exactly been completely healthy this year either.

my post was meant for those who think we are legit title contenders. but we're missing a piece to the puzzle.

i agree this year we are much better. but if we get all relieved and CONTENT with how we are playing then we will never get past teams like San Antonio and Boston.

where is the hunger to do even more? one more thing.

"sit back and enjoy the W's..." <--- I will once it's playoff time noob

Listen Mang , Slow down my friend .

No one is calling you a hater .
Its just ........... When things are going OKAY , you tend to stay away from negativity , and well since your post isnt that positive .
It tend to invite peps to jump at you for it .

But again no one is calling you anything .
Arroyo30
Junior

Post#20 » by Arroyo30 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:03 pm

That was last year, this year's team is deeper and battle tested...we're going to win 55 games book it.
The Lakeshow baby!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers