ImageImageImageImageImage

how good really are the lakers

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

numbas
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

how good really are the lakers 

Post#1 » by numbas » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:08 pm

until the playoffs u gotta say either 3rd or 4th in the west but I believe now this year they can beat the suns and mavs in the playoffs and if bynum keeps developing this quick ill quietly say maybe the spurs but in the next 3 years theirs no reason they can't win a title,its funny how the season turned out sum people thouht lakers wouldn't make playoffs or kobe would be traded n now hopfully wins first mvp
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#2 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Good enough to win 50-55 games... I think if someone beats San Antonio for us (Dallas or Phoenix) we can make it to the finals...

Hell if San Antonio continues to be injury riddles like this maybe we can make it to the finals without anyones help...
KobeFan
Junior
And1: 2

Post#3 » by KobeFan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:38 pm

The difference between us and San Antonio is they are aged veterans who are at the tail end of their "eliteness"

The Lakers are youthful and getting better/more hungry by the game.
djericho
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#4 » by djericho » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 pm

just important to resign Bynum and continue to build the bench.

We'll be elite in 2-3 yrs.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#5 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:32 am

They are rated 12th in talent in the league but we are the third best team in the league.
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#6 » by Mindflayer » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:58 am

We are right near the top of the west now. If we keep playing like this we should 2 rounds of home court in the playoffs.
Griever24
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Griever24 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:01 am

6 I Totally agree with the posts but we do have a challenge coming people next week starting thursdasy i think i believe we will face the Suns, Mavs, Spurs, Nugg's and Cavs .. then we got a game vs the Knicks at home and we got the 9 game road trip right after which starts at detroit .. thats really gonna be a make or break part of our season
Arroyo30
Junior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Arroyo30 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:48 am

That Nicka wrote:Good enough to win 50-55 games... I think if someone beats San Antonio for us (Dallas or Phoenix) we can make it to the finals...

Hell if San Antonio continues to be injury riddles like this maybe we can make it to the finals without anyones help...

Hope the Lord hears you.
The Lakeshow baby!
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#9 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:49 am

Consider me among the many who believe that the Lakers could take the Spurs in a series.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#10 » by realfung » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:39 am

The Lakers are good enough to win some season games, but if it comes to 7-game series, I think they are not elite team yet....
Behind Spurs, Mavs and Suns.
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#11 » by zen_4_10 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:56 pm

We haven't even played the Mavs yet. That's a team we need to see how we play against
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#12 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:13 pm

zen_4_10 wrote:We haven't even played the Mavs yet. That's a team we need to see how we play against

I'm looking very forward to playing the Mavs. I think we can take them, personally, because we've always had a mental edge over that team. Even when we sucked balls we were beating them or being competitive, and with our recent improvement I think we have even more of an edge.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#13 » by joe.linnen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:59 pm

realfung wrote:The Lakers are good enough to win some season games, but if it comes to 7-game series, I think they are not elite team yet....

There are teams that nobody want to see in the first round(ie Lakers and Warriors). I feel that the Lakers would win in a series against the Big Three in the west. If they play San Antonio it may go to seven games, but if they play the Suns or the Mavericks it may could go to seven games but I see the Lakers taking it in six. The Mavericks have been battle tested and failed in the Finals and then in the first round. The Suns have no bench at all(ie Skinner, Barbosa, and Diaw) So yeah I feel that they can handle the top three powers of the west.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,525

Post#14 » by The Laker Kid » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:10 pm

zen_4_10 wrote:We haven't even played the Mavs yet. That's a team we need to see how we play against

The Mavs I'm not too concerned about. Yes they are talented but they don't have that 'KILL YOU' type of attitude as they seem to keep falling victim to a weaker opponent (ie. Warriors, etc) I think we can take them.

The teams that worry me a LOT include: New Orleans, Bucks, Atlanta... It feels like they always bring up their A+ game when they play the Lakers.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#15 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:18 pm

realfung wrote:The Lakers are good enough to win some season games, but if it comes to 7-game series, I think they are not elite team yet....

Why would you say that .
I mean we have beat the Suns twice and the Spurs once and we havent played the Mavs yet , so if you ask me , I think we can run with anyteam anytime with our current roster .

Peps needs to realize that this isnt the same Laker team we had in the past three years and if you cant realize that then I guess we're going to have to wait till the playoffs .
zen_4_10
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#16 » by zen_4_10 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Don't get me wrong...I think we can compete with the Mavs but I'm just saying since we haven't played them yet I'm not going to jump to high level expected conclusions until we do - especially in Dallas they have beed real tough as of late. We have yet to beat a full strength SA too but I think we are capable of doing it.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers