ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Which team is the biggest train wreck?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

djericho
Rookie
And1: 12

OT - Which team is the biggest train wreck? 

Post#1 » by djericho » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Hate to kick a team when it's down, well except for Minny for not trading KG to us...
:banghead:

But hey it works out we kept Bynum!!!

:bowdown:

Interesting read, especially if it could have been us if the bench and Drew didn't step up and Kobe kept the "trade me " demands....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7654482?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10838

I say the Timberwolves, sure they'll dump alot of salary end of year but who wants to go play for McHale since he didn't get KG alot of help???

the Heat a close second, besides Wade and Wright the have a long rebuilding process IMO... Riley was able to get them to the promised land for one year but it looks like the same situation he had with the knicks as injuries and age catch up with his stars....

the Knicks, Just get a real GM and coach in, it's still NY and the Knicks so they'll attract players...
J Rob
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#2 » by J Rob » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:06 am

The Knicks.

From a business perspective, by the end of the season they will have paid about $5 million per victory.

Not to mention, they don't have a lot of players that are suddenly going to get better.

If the Lakers stay on pace Buss will have only paid about 1.25 mil/victory.

They on the other hand, have a whole bunch of players who should be better next year.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#3 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:31 am

IBTL
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#4 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:53 am

I got to go with the TWolves. The owner let them trade KG for AL Jefferson and Telfair (who is only playing well because who else is going to) instead of Odom/Bynum/Kwame/Farmar/Critt. He literally could have had those 5 guys and maybe just maybe they would be in the playoff hunt or at least there wouldn't be bags over the heads of there fans.
The Knicks are second, although they are one trade from turning it around or a draft selection of Rose there fans are throwing there Jerseys on the court.

The Heat while they did screw up by getting Shaq for Butler/Odom and what turned out to be Farmar, they would have had

Center-?
PF-Haslem
SF-Butler
SG-Wade
PG-Farmar

and would have been a solid team for years to come but the difference between them and the other 2 is they did win recently and they only need to dump one underachiving fatass and they will be good. As a matter of fact they could probably put Wade as there pg (if he would play there) trade Shaq for any kind of decent Center like a Dalembert or somebody like that for example and be pretty good with a team like

Dalembert
Haslem
Davis
Cook
Wade

They are pretty set at 4 positions if they mix up the lineup and Wade gets healthy. Cook was a steal.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 am

Seattle is pretty bad to. Green turned out to be the wrong pick at 5 (Yi would have been the pick) and Durant while very good not the Carmelo Anthony we all thought he would be.
Plus they should have kept Rashard Lewis. Look at how well he is making Orlando.
Dexmor
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Dexmor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 am

For a winning team I would say the Rockets. They have a 7'6 megastar T-Mac and can't win. By the way T-Mac is on the block. Lakers should make a play due to the fact we have the pieces to fill out the Rockets roster.
tnayrbrocks
Senior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by tnayrbrocks » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:22 am

sourcE?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,478

Post#8 » by Slava » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:42 am

I'd say Miami. Shaq's contract will expire in another couple of years but Riley might be gone next season and Wade will most likely opt out to go to Chicago or may be trump Lebron to go to Brooklyn once the Nets get there.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#9 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 am

j-far wrote:I'd say Miami. Shaq's contract will expire in another couple of years but Riley might be gone next season and Wade will most likely opt out to go to Chicago or may be trump Lebron to go to Brooklyn once the Nets get there.

Wow, imagine Shaq sticking around a wade-less heat team just to collect a pay check the next 3 seasons??? :o
Griever24
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Griever24 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:03 am

1st Minny then heat then knicks
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,774

Post#11 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:28 pm

CITYOFANGELSX3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow, imagine Shaq sticking around a wade-less heat team just to collect a pay check the next 3 seasons??? :o
didn't Wade just sign a long arse extention last year or did he sign a short one?
Forum permissions