ImageImageImageImageImage

Community Thread VII

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#121 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:39 am

Props, Sed! Looking forward to the next 2000 quality posts.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#122 » by Danny Darko » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:16 pm

Doctor GM!
Sedition
Starter
And1: 9

Post#123 » by Sedition » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 pm

OOohhh.... J-far calling me out for being comm thread lounge lizard. Haha, its true though. Sadly, I don't think I've posted any legitimate basketball commentary in ages. I'll get back to form soon guys... soon.

The only doctor on this board is lakersRD, I'm just in the last year of med school. The board exams I took a while back didn't make me a doctor, they're more just the med student equivalent of taking the SATs. Score well and you'll get into a good residency program.

The residency application process starts in a few months. I'm shooting for otolaryngology - head and neck surgery right now, hopefully back in socal. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys (head and neck is a competitive specialty to get). Sed needs to make it back to home sweet home.
Erik Eleven
RealGM

Post#124 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

I hope you get in where you want to be, Sedition. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have a feeling your chances are pretty decent (understatement). Good luck, man.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Post#125 » by Slava » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Borat, Man United in finals! :wave:

Ginger Ninja FTW!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,831

Post#126 » by TyCobb » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:29 am

YO 8'SREVERSE!!?! WHERE THE HELL YOU AT!

$93.4592!!!!

Check out my centsports bet history!! I'm killing it.. bahahahahah!

http://www.centsports.com/bet_history.php?user_id=7127
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#127 » by SashAlex » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:02 pm

j-far wrote:Borat, Man United in finals! :wave:

Ginger Ninja FTW!

Congrats, man !

But it was pretty annoying at times when Barca were holding the ball almost 80 % of the time ! :x

Nani, Park, Ronaldo and Carlitos could've scored too.
I hoped for a more lopsided game ! :cry:
But it's good they've made the finals !
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#128 » by DoctaJ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:01 pm

TyCobb! How the hell you manage to pull that off, man?! :lol:
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#129 » by kno » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Dear Diary..

GTA IV is f'ckin badass.
Leonidas
Starter
And1: 2

Post#130 » by Leonidas » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Kno wrote:Dear Diary..

GTA IV is f'ckin badass.

Werd? I got it,but I am too sick to play it. Whats the dopest thing about it?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Post#131 » by Slava » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Borat, time to cash in on the bet.

Go ahead and do yourself the honor of wearing this avatar.

:rofl:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#132 » by TonyMontana » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Corvus Crow wrote:
Tony... cougar story... where is it?

Okay here it is CC , since I was embarrassed I didnt want to post about it.

It didnt turn out like I thought it would but the end result was VERY SWEET .
Anyhow I pick THIS WOMEN up on Sat. and we drove down to SD and all the way down there THIS women kept on trying to act young and trying very hard to impress me with all her contacts and what she does for a living ............. BOOOOOOOOOORING .

SO when we get down to this kats house which actually happened to be the owner of Law Firm that reps a big time Ex for IBM .
As were walking up the driveway of this guys house , by the way SICK house , and the guy had his garage decked out with his part time ROCK band and he's entire drive way was full of people from 30 to 60 years old and a few younger girls that worked for the firm.
So as were walking up the driveway ...... ALL OF A SUDDEN ......BOOOOOM She grabs my hand and holds it like we were the ****ing PROM KING AND QUEEN of CHICKEN SAW COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL .....
WTF ............ I mean the entire place was looking at us .
I was so ****in embarrassed since I didnt even know THIS women , and she put me in a real AWKWARD position .
Anyhow she's starting to introduce me to everyone WHILE SHE IS HOLDING MY HAND as her Boyfriend Haaaaaaaaaaa?
Then we walk up to the bar while she's still holding my hand .
We get a drink and she's standing on my right , so to avoid holding her hand I hold my drink with my right hand and I have my left hand in my pocket.
Then everybody came up to us I MEAN EVERYBODY and she is running her hand on my A55 and my back .
So Im sort of getting pissed at her , so I ask the waiter where is the restroom ?
SO THIS WOMEN replies let me take you there ,..........
She freaking grabs my hand again and starts walking me to the house all the way to the bathroom .
When I come out she asks me if that was okay with her telling everyone we've been dating for a couple of months .
So anyhow I didnt say anything and she kept on asking me if Im okay with it , so I replied NO ........... I wish you wouldnt tell people that Im your boyfriend and its not cool to put me out like that and not tell me about it in advance .
So anyhow the B1tch got MAD AT ME and tells me well if you have a problem with it and you feel uncomfortable then maybe you should leave ........... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL Wrong choice of words at that moment...
B1tch thought I was one of her MAN WHORES .....

So guess what.......... I did .......... I never said another word to her and I started to walk away ,but this is where it get real good ......

PART II
As Im walking down the driveway , this really HOT BLOND is looking at me and she's smiling , so I asked her what's so funny , so she replies ....Your not Amys boyfriend are you ?
So I asked her how do you know , she replies cause I work for her and I know who she dates and who she goes out with .
SO I told her your right , Im not .
So she asked me are you leaving , I told her yes , since this place SUCKS and this ***** pissed me off ...................
Then she asked me where I was going and I told her , to Downtown Diego to IVY hotel , so she asked me if her and her friend can join me .... :nod: ................... So I told her , I would rather go there alone with only you , not you and your friend .
So she told me to wait down the hill and she'll call me .
And she did within minutes , she comes down to the hill and gets in my car and we leave to IVY , very cool chick , hot , did I mention she just turned 21 .............. :wink:
So we go down there , get hooked up BIG TIME by my boys , and we had a bomb ass time ............
Then I asked her if she wanted me to take her home and she said NO ...that she wanted to go home with me if I didnt mind ........
We did end up at my place and we rocked it until 5 in the morning .
I promise you guys one thing ............... If I reed this type of B.S online on a B-Ball board I would probably call B.S to the poster , but I promise you guys one thing ............. I dont lie or B.S when it comes to things like this .
I may throw a few WHITE LIES here and there to cover my A55 when it comes to women , but I never lie about SH_T specailly to my boys or family and I do consider this board as my BRO's .....
Also there is someone on here that I did keep in touch with about that night but Im not calling out any names.............
But as far as the 21 year old which now happens to be my girlfriend ... :wink:
Here is her pictures she sent me ...
I will post a few more on Sat , since were going down to SantaBarbra for a BMW car show and Im talking one of my TOYS I have built .

So enjoy until I post some more .

Oh and as far as the Cougar , she called me a few times and so I ended up talking to her for a few minutes and I told her were cool until she actually had the balls to tell me if I didnt want to be with her , then I shouldnt have wasted her time ..........so I replied back to her if your looking for MANWHORE to show off to your coke head frineds then maybe you should call someone else and the bitch turned around and tells me ........ "Your not all that" .......... Ya bitch if Im not all that then why are you trying to PIMP me out in front of everyone ....
Then she calls me back last night and leaves me a message asking me if I can take her cousins wedding in N.Y ............... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL Never called her back .

El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#133 » by El Hardee » Thu May 1, 2008 12:21 am

You got flicks of the Coug?
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#134 » by milesfides » Thu May 1, 2008 12:56 am

That's Grrrrrrreat!!!

Nice catch, Tony. Cute girl.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#135 » by TommyTheCat » Thu May 1, 2008 1:37 am

did someone just mention yayo?
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#136 » by TommyTheCat » Thu May 1, 2008 1:40 am

Sedition wrote:OOohhh.... J-far calling me out for being comm thread lounge lizard. Haha, its true though. Sadly, I don't think I've posted any legitimate basketball commentary in ages. I'll get back to form soon guys... soon.

The only doctor on this board is lakersRD, I'm just in the last year of med school. The board exams I took a while back didn't make me a doctor, they're more just the med student equivalent of taking the SATs. Score well and you'll get into a good residency program.

The residency application process starts in a few months. I'm shooting for otolaryngology - head and neck surgery right now, hopefully back in socal. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys (head and neck is a competitive specialty to get). Sed needs to make it back to home sweet home.

cool.......good luck on getting into the residency program of your choice. how many are you going to apply to?
Sedition
Starter
And1: 9

Post#137 » by Sedition » Thu May 1, 2008 3:03 am

The field I'm going into has a "match rate" of about 65%, meaning a solid 35% of MD's who apply into this specialty end up not getting into a residency ANYWHERE. They end up having to either take a year off and reapply, or they can "scramble" into open spots in a different, less competitive field (like general surgery or internal medicine).

My application is pretty strong right now, I've got a board score in the 99th percentile as well as a few published research reports. That being said... I'll probably apply to around 30+ programs. Each hospital usually interviews about 50-70 applicants for between 2-5 spots (depending on the size of the hospital). So yeah, no matter what your scores are or how much you think you're just hot shhht, you really never know if you'll get into the program that you want... ESPECIALLY in California. California is notoriously the most difficult place to match residency. They have so many good medical schools in California that they can more or less just take their own students and still have the best and brightest doctors in the nation. Not to mention the weather makes everyone and their grandma's want to go there so they get tons of applications.

My gut feeling is that I'll probably end up somewhere like NYC, or maybe even back in Boston... but I'm still holding out hope on getting back to LA. We'll see.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#138 » by milesfides » Thu May 1, 2008 3:17 am

99% percentile?

Did you take your boards in a Kobe jersey? Because that's just sick.

Hope to see you in NYC though.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#139 » by kno » Thu May 1, 2008 3:47 am

TonyMontana wrote:
Corvus Crow wrote:
Tony... cougar story... where is it?

Okay here it is CC , since I was embarrassed I didnt want to post about it.

It didnt turn out like I thought it would but the end result was VERY SWEET .
Anyhow I pick THIS WOMEN up on Sat. and we drove down to SD and all the way down there THIS women kept on trying to act young and trying very hard to impress me with all her contacts and what she does for a living ............. BOOOOOOOOOORING .

SO when we get down to this kats house which actually happened to be the owner of Law Firm that reps a big time Ex for IBM .
As were walking up the driveway of this guys house , by the way SICK house , and the guy had his garage decked out with his part time ROCK band and he's entire drive way was full of people from 30 to 60 years old and a few younger girls that worked for the firm.
So as were walking up the driveway ...... ALL OF A SUDDEN ......BOOOOOM She grabs my hand and holds it like we were the ****ing PROM KING AND QUEEN of CHICKEN SAW COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL .....
WTF ............ I mean the entire place was looking at us .
I was so ****in embarrassed since I didnt even know THIS women , and she put me in a real AWKWARD position .
Anyhow she's starting to introduce me to everyone WHILE SHE IS HOLDING MY HAND as her Boyfriend Haaaaaaaaaaa?
Then we walk up to the bar while she's still holding my hand .
We get a drink and she's standing on my right , so to avoid holding her hand I hold my drink with my right hand and I have my left hand in my pocket.
Then everybody came up to us I MEAN EVERYBODY and she is running her hand on my A55 and my back .
So Im sort of getting pissed at her , so I ask the waiter where is the restroom ?
SO THIS WOMEN replies let me take you there ,..........
She freaking grabs my hand again and starts walking me to the house all the way to the bathroom .
When I come out she asks me if that was okay with her telling everyone we've been dating for a couple of months .
So anyhow I didnt say anything and she kept on asking me if Im okay with it , so I replied NO ........... I wish you wouldnt tell people that Im your boyfriend and its not cool to put me out like that and not tell me about it in advance .
So anyhow the B1tch got MAD AT ME and tells me well if you have a problem with it and you feel uncomfortable then maybe you should leave ........... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL Wrong choice of words at that moment...
B1tch thought I was one of her MAN WHORES .....

So guess what.......... I did .......... I never said another word to her and I started to walk away ,but this is where it get real good ......

PART II
As Im walking down the driveway , this really HOT BLOND is looking at me and she's smiling , so I asked her what's so funny , so she replies ....Your not Amys boyfriend are you ?
So I asked her how do you know , she replies cause I work for her and I know who she dates and who she goes out with .
SO I told her your right , Im not .
So she asked me are you leaving , I told her yes , since this place SUCKS and this ***** pissed me off ...................
Then she asked me where I was going and I told her , to Downtown Diego to IVY hotel , so she asked me if her and her friend can join me .... :nod: ................... So I told her , I would rather go there alone with only you , not you and your friend .
So she told me to wait down the hill and she'll call me .
And she did within minutes , she comes down to the hill and gets in my car and we leave to IVY , very cool chick , hot , did I mention she just turned 21 .............. :wink:
So we go down there , get hooked up BIG TIME by my boys , and we had a bomb ass time ............
Then I asked her if she wanted me to take her home and she said NO ...that she wanted to go home with me if I didnt mind ........
We did end up at my place and we rocked it until 5 in the morning .
I promise you guys one thing ............... If I reed this type of B.S online on a B-Ball board I would probably call B.S to the poster , but I promise you guys one thing ............. I dont lie or B.S when it comes to things like this .
I may throw a few WHITE LIES here and there to cover my A55 when it comes to women , but I never lie about SH_T specailly to my boys or family and I do consider this board as my BRO's .....
Also there is someone on here that I did keep in touch with about that night but Im not calling out any names.............
But as far as the 21 year old which now happens to be my girlfriend ... :wink:
Here is her pictures she sent me ...
I will post a few more on Sat , since were going down to SantaBarbra for a BMW car show and Im talking one of my TOYS I have built .

So enjoy until I post some more .

Oh and as far as the Cougar , she called me a few times and so I ended up talking to her for a few minutes and I told her were cool until she actually had the balls to tell me if I didnt want to be with her , then I shouldnt have wasted her time ..........so I replied back to her if your looking for MANWHORE to show off to your coke head frineds then maybe you should call someone else and the bitch turned around and tells me ........ "Your not all that" .......... Ya bitch if Im not all that then why are you trying to PIMP me out in front of everyone ....
Then she calls me back last night and leaves me a message asking me if I can take her cousins wedding in N.Y ............... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL Never called her back .

(picture)

(picture)

Youre looking like Lamar "Wilt Chamberlain" Odom out there with those rebounds..

:lol:
Erik Eleven
RealGM

Post#140 » by Erik Eleven » Thu May 1, 2008 5:58 pm

Well done, Tony. Some women are so possessive. If I went out with a cougar and she did that to me, I would have left, too. I probably also would have told her to buy a puppy and a thighmaster. Picking up her employee was a nice touch. Bravo.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers