ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Re: 

Post#61 » by Guy986 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Corvus Crow wrote:
Jaykoolzboy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Deal

Battier and 25th pick for Lamar Odom

No no, it would have to be an unconditional the year after. I'll take my chances that Yao is fragile and Tracy is on his last legs. For that matter Head too probably.

To be honest with you, i dont think the Rockets would trade Battier and #25 for Odom. Battier and an expiring maybe but not with an extra pick. Definitely wont do an unconditional pick. Battier is the perfect fit for this Laker team. He shoots 40% from 3 point line, reasonable contract, doesn't commit turnovers, defends as well as anyone in the league, 6'9 SF and incredibly high basketball IQ. Lets just say the Rockets aren't in any hurry to trade Battier away.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Re: Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions) 

Post#62 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 am

I think we need at least three good bigmen until one can become dominant player/personalities. Keep Odom as third big and sign or trade for a defensive 3 man. Woo Artest or steal a player like Posey.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Re: Lamar Odom 

Post#63 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:30 am

LAKERLAW wrote:ODOM FOR MARION

Marion is a bum. True story.

I don't know how but Artest needs to be here at the start of next season. Trade (with Odom and Walton hopefully) free agent signing whatever, I don't know his contract situation but he needs to be here. I really hope this happens. This needs to happen.

I have to say that I've always liked Lamar and the chemistry he brings to the Lakers. That's the only setback, losing the locker room presence.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,444

Post#64 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:28 pm

do u guys think the suns would go for a vlade + mihm for diaw trade?
f0gman
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#65 » by f0gman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:24 pm

do u guys think the suns would go for a vlade + mihm for diaw trade?

Only if Suns owner Robert Sarver is going into cheap mode again. Diaw has 4 years remaining on his deal ($9 million per). Vlad only has 3 years left for half as much money total.

Terry Porter is also more likely to keep Diaw in one position instead of moving all over the frontcourt as D'Antoni did.
daddyfivestar
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#66 » by daddyfivestar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Magic Johnson calls Jerry West. Jerry West calls Michael Heisley. Michael Heisley calls Chris Wallace tells him to answer Mitch Kupchaks call.

Mitch: Chris, I have a deal for you. You know Mike Miller is going to cost you 19 mill over the next two years and you need to get more time for Gay/Critt/Conley on the floor together. I have a deal for you. Deadeye marksman, nearly 7 feet, can play PF for you, guy has icewater, Vlad Radmanovic, plus I throw in Chris Mihm who will expire and play some backup C, and '12 first. Vlad will hit 3 maybe 4 threes a game, stretch the court allowing Conley/Critt/and Gay to do their things, and open up the middle (trying not to laugh) for Darko.

Chris: What about that contract of his?

Mitch: Glad you asked. A very affordable 12.5 over the next two years and almost, nearly, coming up on, being a valuable expiring trade asset. He saves you 7 mill. Plus when you draft those two Bigs next week (Lopez and Lopez, Chris?) you'll need a skillful affordable veteran to let them grow into their roles. When you are ready for the MGasol, BLopez, Gay frontline, Vlady will be moveable. See my thinking Chris?

Mitch: Hold on, Jerry B on the other line....... Chris, Dr B has authorized me to throw in 3 mill cash to help ease the pains over that whole Kwame fiasco. We really thought he was your Center of the future. Plus, those two firsts you got and another we are giving you now will give you plenty of wheel and deal options come draft time.

Chris: But I was laughed all around for the last deal I made with you.

Mitch: Not really. You know the true value of Gasol and Critt. You'll have the last laugh my friend. You think Jerry Logo doesn't know true talent. He would've never steered you wrong with those guys.

Chris: So Miller for Radmanovic, Mihm, and a first........ Hold on, my boss is on the other line... Ok Mitch, you have a deal, Mr. Heisley said pull the trigger.

Mitch: Pleasure doing business with you again, friend.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,418

Re: Re: 

Post#67 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Guy986 wrote:
Corvus Crow wrote:
Jaykoolzboy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Deal

Battier and 25th pick for Lamar Odom

No no, it would have to be an unconditional the year after. I'll take my chances that Yao is fragile and Tracy is on his last legs. For that matter Head too probably.

To be honest with you, i dont think the Rockets would trade Battier and #25 for Odom. Battier and an expiring maybe but not with an extra pick. Definitely wont do an unconditional pick. Battier is the perfect fit for this Laker team. He shoots 40% from 3 point line, reasonable contract, doesn't commit turnovers, defends as well as anyone in the league, 6'9 SF and incredibly high basketball IQ. Lets just say the Rockets aren't in any hurry to trade Battier away.

Yeah, I can see how you guys are a defensive team and he is a main component. I can also see not wanting to trade a perfect fit to a conference contender who just made the finals. We may have to settle for the overpriced Marion, the nutso Artest, the injured G Wallace, or the unlikely Deng/Iguadala
lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Post#68 » by lakeshow248 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:38 am

For me I think if Lakers can peddle Luke out of town, I'd give Posey the MLE. Posey is a tougher version of Battier IMO. He be a perfect fit for this team and their thin soft defence at the three postion.

For me if Posey was on the Lakers right now playin Boston I think that the Lakers' would be up 3-2 not Boston. Posey aggresion and hustle on D and his clutch deep shooting been big difference in this series.

For got to say but Posey has opt out at 3.4 mill, this series alone might get him an MLE.
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#69 » by what would jack bauer do? » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:04 am

We don't need a trade. Just sign Pietrus and let Newble go. He provides athleticism, strength on the boards, and he can shoot the 3. Pietrus is way more balanced than Radmanovic and Luke because he's not a liability on offense or defense and he'll do some dirty work. Let Luke, Pietrus, Radmanovic, and Ariza duke it out for the starting SF spot.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#70 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:03 am

what would jack bauer do? wrote:We don't need a trade. Just sign Pietrus and let Newble go. He provides athleticism, strength on the boards, and he can shoot the 3. Pietrus is way more balanced than Radmanovic and Luke because he's not a liability on offense or defense and he'll do some dirty work. Let Luke, Pietrus, Radmanovic, and Ariza duke it out for the starting SF spot.

I think with no trades Odom likely gets the sf start. So you think pietrus fits the SF better than Lamar?
SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR
Junior

Post#71 » by SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 am

I think this could be a very interesting deal for all in involved!

Trade ID #4657177

LAL
IN OUT
M. Miller <> Odom
D. Gadzuric <> S.Yue (draft rights)

MIL
IN OUT
Odom <> D.Gazuric
Sun Yue <> Yi
J. Crittenten <>D. Mason

MEM
IN OUT
Yi Jianlian <>M.Miller
D. Mason <>J.Crittenten

I think it would make allot of since, maybe MIL would need to throw a pick MEM's way or something but here is why I think it works:

LAL:
The get the SF they need, and an ALL-STAR calibur one at that....who will spread the floor and seems like a fit in the triangle.

MIL:
They get a big man in LO which they can resign, trade, or let expire. More importantly they shed Gadzurics contract in the process. Worst case scenario they the have a young talent PG prospect in Javaris and some assets for Yi. They also get Sun Yue just cuz I felt it was appropriate they get a chinese star back :rofl:

MEM:
They get a talented marketable and probably most importantly CHEEP Yi as well as D. Mason's expiring contract. Perhaps the inclusion of J. Crittenton here also is a bit steep, but I think it's close, perhaps MEM gets a future pick included if they feel Crittenton is just too good?
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#72 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 am

we need defense. More defense. Toughness. As in Ron Artest.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#73 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 pm

How's Miller's Defense? We already have a ton of Offense. I know his offensive game, but I can't really remember his defense.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#74 » by tkb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:27 pm

Odom + Farmar for Billups would be the solution IMO. We can get a nice SF for our MLE. Artest might take it for all we know.
SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR
Junior

Post#75 » by SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Corvus Crow wrote:How's Miller's Defense? We already have a ton of Offense. I know his offensive game, but I can't really remember his defense.

It's adequate, not stellar, not bad or anything. More importantly he would be a dead eye shooter to space the floor, and he is hardly one-dimensional.

Seems like MEM fans think it's a bit better than my perception, but I haven't seen the number of games they have.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#76 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:51 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:we need defense. More defense. Toughness. As in Ron Artest.

+1

Also, mitch should bring up that gerald wallace/odom deal back up. Doubt they would go for it. But you never know. Larry Brown might love odom.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#77 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:54 pm

tkb wrote:Odom + Farmar for Billups would be the solution IMO. We can get a nice SF for our MLE. Artest might take it for all we know.

I agree it's awesome for us, but... would they go for it with Sheed, Prince, and Dice?
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#78 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 am

I'm telling you guys Artest is it.

Artest Opt-Out?

I know that place isn't that credible but this needs to happen. Kobe should call him since they're friends.
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#79 » by islander009 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:28 am

^ with possible talk of opting out, losing 2.5 mil for one year for a chance at a championship? hmm i will take the championship. Lets go for artest in the offseason, ship out vlad and luke for a big or for a pick. Or try to convince Detroit for an odom for prince deal. Guys we need to stack our defense. Guys like vlad and luke have been inconsistent the entire year, we already have kobe and pau, then having a healthy bynum will give us a boost on offense. We need some defense at the 3 spot.
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#80 » by islander009 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:35 am

garbajosa is out of his contract with the raps. Anyone think he still can play? He played great alongside Pau. He plays good defense and fits either the 4 or 5. anyone think he will be a good fit for us?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers