Finals Game 6: Celtics at Lakers 6 PM Pac Time 6/17

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Finals Game 6: Celtics at Lakers 6 PM Pac Time 6/17 

Post#196 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 am

Minhee wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Doc Rivers is a low life classless coach................up 34 and his starters are in. Remember what goes around comes around. Karma will kick his ass one day again just watch.

Don't be a sore loser, they can do whatever they want. We should have shown up to compete tonight if we didn't want to get embarassed.
Sore loser ? I think not ,it's an unwritten rule and it's about class.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Verbal
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#197 » by Verbal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:48 am

Well my prediction that we wouldn't win this series w/o Bynum, and the fact we'll only push the series to Game 6 before the playoffs started, both proved true.

And I made that prediction not b/c winning was out of reach. It was precisely what happened this series, just take a good look at the games, and what said in the game threads.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#198 » by Cafu » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 am

**** it but we will be back in no time :tooth
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#199 » by Gerald3Wallace » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 am

milesfides wrote:Hell of a year, nobody thought we'd get this far. Disappointing to not win the championship, but I'm proud of our team and proud of our guys. We lost to a better team, give them credit.

I find the bitterness towards our own players pretty small-minded. I appreciate what they did this season. They played hard. Gasol played out of position, we were young and inexperienced as a team, and still we fought hard. I'm proud of them.

agreed...our only missing piece is a Dominant low post defender/scorer. :wink:
BigAkers
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#200 » by BigAkers » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 am

I don't get why everyone is saying that our players have no heart. You don't make it this far without heart. You don't win games in Utah and San Antonio without heart. That being said, this team is young. This meltdown is motivation for all the young players to improve and come back even harder next season. I'm very proud of this team, and anyone else who is going to put down our team like that really needs to stop posting..
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,911

Post#201 » by iamworthy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 am

Its been a while since I watched basketball in June with a vested intrest. The last few seasons Ive been watching basketball in June not really careing about who won because my team was out of it already.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#202 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 am

Put on the gloves folks the Celtic fans are coming to GLOAT. If any of you think they're going to come here and give props your (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#203 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:51 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:WE'LL MEET THEM AGAIN NEXT YEAR.. WITH BYNUM :evil:

We'll be back but will they??
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Bulls_Dynasty6
Veteran
And1: 58

Post#204 » by Bulls_Dynasty6 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:52 am

I HATE THIS GOD DAMN BOARD. JUST LET ME POST A F**KING NEW POST WITHOUT WAITING. JESUS.

But anyway,

Screw the Celtics,
Screw their fans,
Screw everyone on their roster not named PJ Brown or Sam Cassell.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#205 » by Verbal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:53 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Minhee wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Doc Rivers is a low life classless coach................up 34 and his starters are in. Remember what goes around comes around. Karma will kick his ass one day again just watch.

Don't be a sore loser, they can do whatever they want. We should have shown up to compete tonight if we didn't want to get embarassed.
Sore loser ? I think not ,it's an unwritten rule and it's about class.

I'm one of those a-holes who advocate running up the score and demoralizing the other team. :devil:

Guilty. :naaa:

But yeah, I think I agree with your point if you mean Doc Rivers is really pushing it (and asking to get punched in the face by "Karma") by trying something that's probably out of Phil Jackson's (a championship coach's) repertoire.
AgentK0be
Sophomore

Post#206 » by AgentK0be » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:55 am

we'll be back!!!!!!!!!
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#207 » by milesfides » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:56 am

It's really lame to try to pin the blame on anybody.

On Kobe? Who besides Kobe has even competed consistently in this series? Where was his support? Who stepped up? Where was Gasol and Odom? Where was the bench? Where were the shooters?

Kobe read the defenses, tried to play a team game. I commend him for that.

I don't blame Pau either. He can't bang with those big bodies. He tried his best. Being pissed off at him because he's not a physical player is unfair. Odom's shooting was exposed, but he's not a good shooter anyways. Expecting him to be for this series is unfair. That he wasn't able to score in the post against KG or Perkins is again, unfair.

I don't blame Sasha either. He kept shooting. He just missed. I don't blame Farmar, he competed, he just didn't do enough.

Celtics were just the better team. Better put together, players who know their roles, better experience. Give them credit.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#208 » by RJM » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 am

I'm so happy for KG right now...... :clap:
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by milesfides » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 am

I liked Kobe's face as he was congratulating the Celtics. Anybody who thinks he doesn't want it more than anybody else is dead wrong. This loss has hurt him pretty badly, and he's going to remember this.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#210 » by Minhee » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 am

milesfides wrote:
Minhee wrote:
milesfides wrote:
See, that's just bitterness.

If you actually understood how Boston's defense has been geared towards shutting down Kobe (like they shut down Lebron James), how they used the box-and-one to zone him up and deny him penetration, you'd realize how difficult it is for him to individually score.

Paul Pierce had a very good series, but that's kind of expected when he's mostly guarded by Radmanovic and Luke Walton. Ray Allen has frequently been left open because he's the 3rd or 4th offensive option. And he's a catch and shooter.

You made a pretty unfair and ignorant comparison.

Go look at Lebron's numbers in his series vs Kobe's and you will know a huge difference. Lebron dropped 32, 35, 45 while dishing double digit assists in multiple games. Kobe really only had 1 good game against the Celtics. Point is, Lebron found ways to impact the game despite going against a tough D while Kobe just ill advised shot his way which is why his team didn't stand a chance. Don't be ignorant and act like a smartass Miles. You are clearly wrong.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#211 » by milesfides » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:00 am

Ah man. That "where amazing happen" commercial with the Celtics as the 2008 championships just hit.

That hurts. We're going to see that for the next 12 months.

That hurts.
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#212 » by Minhee » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:02 am

milesfides wrote:I liked Kobe's face as he was congratulating the Celtics. Anybody who thinks he doesn't want it more than anybody else is dead wrong. This loss has hurt him pretty badly, and he's going to remember this.

Stop kissing the guy's butt just for one minute. The same was said back in 2004, so what if he remembers it? The guy remembers plenty of things, it only matters when you win the ring and until he does it on his own it is not going to matter what he remembers.

Besides, you see to be too big of a Kobe homer even for me sometimes. You also kept thinking we were going to win 3 in a row as well. Sometimes you need to be back to reality.
Leonidas
Starter
And1: 2

Post#213 » by Leonidas » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:04 am

Nice turn around season... The playoffs... bitter.
Its been real or should I say unreal? Lets see what the offseason brings us... :tooth

Propz to Kno for the sig..
incontrol__
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#214 » by incontrol__ » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:05 am

Celtics won, they were the better team.

We'll be back better than ever next year, though.

Besides, you see to be too big of a Kobe homer even for me sometimes.

Ouch. I mean coming from a humongous pessimist, that's gotta hurt. :roll:
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#215 » by milesfides » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:05 am

Minhee wrote:
Go look at Lebron's numbers in his series vs Kobe's and you will know a huge difference. Lebron dropped 32, 35, 45 while dishing double digit assists in multiple games. Kobe really only had 1 good game against the Celtics. Point is, Lebron found ways to impact the game despite going against a tough D while Kobe just ill advised shot his way which is why his team didn't stand a chance. Don't be ignorant and act like a smartass Miles. You are clearly wrong.

Lebron shot less than 36%. 23% from three. Yeah, he scored 45 once - and the Cavs lost that game.

Trying to blame Kobe is just scapegoating. Nothing worse than seeing fans turn on their players.

P.S. You might want to tone down the "smartass" comments. Nobody's trying to be a smartass, but you're definitely close to crossing the line with personal attacks. Just a friendly warning.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers