ImageImageImageImageImage

If No Deal Is Done What's Next ?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

If No Deal Is Done What's Next ? 

Post#1 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:28 am

Lets say the Kings and Lakers can't pull off the Artest deal what are the scenarios ?

What would be the feeing among the fan base ?

Do you feel LO will be motivated enough to prove the FO wrong ?

Anybody see Marion being an option and Riley loving LO ?

Will the Kings cave and make the deal at the dead line for the cap space ?

Or do the Lakers accept Thomas contract ? ( If what media is speculating to be true )

Or do we have a great season then get to the playoffs only to see the last LO we just saw this June appear before our eyes again ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,698

Re: If No Deal Is Done What's Next ? 

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:30 am

man, every player on the lakers went to crap in the finals. some of you act like lamar was the only one that struggled in the finals.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Italianhanger
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Italianhanger » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:40 am

if nothing happens
i think LO would have a good season no matter what, it's his contract year and it's proven fact that some players on their contract years step up their game to get a pay day... i said some
the second half of the regular season LO was going on a tear on the verge of all star form, he finally figured out how to take advantage of the mismatch he creates and actually finishing off besides using his left
he was alwso forcing the issue
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#4 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 am

True dcash4. I'm not blaming LO for the lost in the finals.But I'm not going to be sympathetic towards him either. His act along with Luke and Vlad's is getting tired. It's like I heard Rick Fox say, " Sometimes guys gotta go even those who are staples".

All I'm saying is he gotta be more consistent on a nightly basis, it ain't that hard.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
wfiles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#5 » by wfiles » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:53 am

There's still Shawn Marion, Tayshaun Prince, Gerald Wallace out there. Riley and Wade loves Odom and Detroit is looking for some changes so Odom might fit there. No need to panic yet if we don't get Artest. ;)
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#6 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 am

wfiles wrote:There's still Shawn Marion, Tayshaun Prince, Gerald Wallace out there. Riley and Wade loves Odom and Detroit is looking for some changes so Odom might fit there. No need to panic yet if we don't get Artest. ;)
If I had my pick of that bunch I'd take either Marion or T.P., we need some D at the 3.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#7 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:02 am

dcash4 wrote:man, every player on the lakers went to crap in the finals. some of you act like lamar was the only one that struggled in the finals.

Most did struggle dcash but the consensus here is that Lamar has the tools & size to not just disappear the way he does & he does it often. Now I admit that from January until the Finals he had been the Lamar we all had been waiting on, but if he becomes the great Houdini once again in the playoffs or finals then what? He's a free agent after next season if I'm not mistaken so do we just not resign him or get something for him? I really want to see him finally become a monster even if that means be a silent killer. He won't have any excuses next year with Drew, Pau, & Kobe demanding so much attention. If he flops LO will stand for Left Out!
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#8 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:06 am

wfiles wrote:There's still Shawn Marion, Tayshaun Prince, Gerald Wallace out there. Riley and Wade loves Odom and Detroit is looking for some changes so Odom might fit there. No need to panic yet if we don't get Artest. ;)
Marion is a great fit & would make up for hustle that we lost with Turiaf
VETERAN LAKER FAN
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#9 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:10 am

anklebreaker702 wrote:
dcash4 wrote:man, every player on the lakers went to crap in the finals. some of you act like lamar was the only one that struggled in the finals.

Most did struggle dcash but the consensus here is that Lamar has the tools & size to not just disappear the way he does & he does it often. Now I admit that from January until the Finals he had been the Lamar we all had been waiting on, but if he becomes the great Houdini once again in the playoffs or finals then what? He's a free agent after next season if I'm not mistaken so do we just not resign him or get something for him? I really want to see him finally become a monster even if that means be a silent killer. He won't have any excuses next year with Drew, Pau, & Kobe demanding so much attention. If he flops LO will stand for Left Out!
That's the whole topic of what this is about. LO not what the team did in the Finals. People need to stop being an apologist for LO and realize he put himself in this box by not being at least consistent every night.

Bottom line is this if you bust ass nightly you would've been extended period. When you don't do it you leave yourself open for having your future decided by a GM.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by dockingsched » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:13 am

game 4 lamar had 19pts/11 rbs/4 ast/ 8-11 fgs
game 5 lamar had 20pts/10 rbs/4 blks/ 8-10 fgs

for the series, not counting game 6 where the game was over before halftime, lamar avg'd 13.4 ppg / 8.8 rpg. was he inconsistant? of course, he had a 4 pt 2-9 performance right smack in the middle of the series. the way some people talk about his performance though, its like he completely disappeared. nevermind that pau had a 3-9 9pt game in the same game, nevermind that kobe had a 6-19 17 pt game that put the lakers down 1-3 when odom/gasol combined for an incredible game.

the scapegoating of lamar on this board is out of control sometimes.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#11 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 am

Exactly deep3. I'm 1 of those that wants to see what this huge front line can do but I understand how the FO feels. If I'm not mistaken LO has been here 4 years & we have gotten only January 2008 thru the WCF as his only consistent play. So they are playing the odds that his "coach" will turn back in2 a "pumpkin" in '09
VETERAN LAKER FAN
wfiles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#12 » by wfiles » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
If I had my pick of that bunch I'd take either Marion or T.P., we need some D at the 3.

The problem with Marion is he's 30 years old and has only 1 year left on his contract. Wallace is 26 and has 5 years on his contract but very injury prone. Prince is the best fit since he's 28 and has 3 years left on his contract which is the same as Kobe and Gasol.
I'd go with:
1. Prince
2. Wallace
3. Marion
Italianhanger
Senior
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Italianhanger » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:17 am

Marion or Prince...
Prince brings in the d.. i think he would a marcus camby type, someone who cares more about D then O
Marion is a guy who bites his lip under the public eye to be a great player..unfortunately he longs to get paid as if he was the number one option on the team
Marion and Prince would be the best role player from the options presented above, it;s just wallace is so injury prone
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#14 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:19 am

dcash4 wrote:game 4 lamar had 19pts/11 rbs/4 ast/ 8-11 fgs

for the series, not counting game 6 where the game was over before halftime, lamar avg'd 13.4 ppg / 8.8 rpg. was he inconsistant? of course, he had a 4 pt 2-9 performance right smack in the middle of the series. the way some people talk about his performance though, its like he completely disappeared. nevermind that pau had a 3-9 9pt game in the same game, nevermind that kobe had a 6-19 17 pt game that put the lakers down 1-3 when odom/gasol combined for an incredible game.

Game 4 was a mirage he had 16 of those point in the first half after starting off hot as hell (8-8), only 3 point in second half (0-3) and we lost. Once again not consistent no matter how you cut it.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by dockingsched » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:21 am

anklebreaker702 wrote:Exactly deep3. I'm 1 of those that wants to see what this huge front line can do but I understand how the FO feels. If I'm not mistaken LO has been here 4 years & we have gotten only January 2008 thru the WCF as his only consistent play. So they are playing the odds that his "coach" will turn back in2 a "pumpkin" in '09

yeah, i'm sure being paired up with kwame brown on the frontline did wonders for his game. kobe gets the crap teammates excuse all day, but hey, its lamar's fault he only managed to play his best ball when he didn't have to play next to an incompetent big man.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#16 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:24 am

the scapegoating of Lamar on this board is out of control sometimes.

I'll call the paramedics to see if they can help stop your bleeding heart for Lamar. Your quote was cool but you came up with 2 good games out of 6. One reason for Kobe's struggles was because he didn't have consistent help. I agree about game 4 I put it on the game 4 thread I believe. I was saying stop looking for Kobe, he doesn't have it tonight, Lamar is our Kobe tonight but it didn't happen that way. So are you telling me those 2 games in the Finals out weigh his previous 4 years of inconsistency & some nights ineptitude?
VETERAN LAKER FAN
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by dockingsched » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:25 am

DEEP3CL wrote:

Game 4 was a mirage he had 16 of those point in the first half after starting off hot as hell (8-8), only 3 point in second half (0-3) and we lost. Once again not consistent no matter how you cut it.

thats not being inconsistent, thats having limitations to his game. people always talk about him having all the skills to do this and that but frankly he doesn't. he's dependent on getting easy shots from others. people that say that lamar has all the skills to be some great scorer haven't been watching. he's not inconsitent, he just doesn't have the offensive game to get a bucket on demand.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#18 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:30 am

dcash4 wrote:
anklebreaker702 wrote:Exactly deep3. I'm 1 of those that wants to see what this huge front line can do but I understand how the FO feels. If I'm not mistaken LO has been here 4 years & we have gotten only January 2008 thru the WCF as his only consistent play. So they are playing the odds that his "coach" will turn back in2 a "pumpkin" in '09

yeah, i'm sure being paired up with kwame brown on the frontline did wonders for his game. kobe gets the crap teammates excuse all day, but hey, its lamar's fault he only managed to play his best ball when he didn't have to play next to an incompetent big man.
What the hell does playing with Kwame got to do with him being consistent. If anything that should have been more of a reason to post bigger numbers. That point is totally irrelevant that playing next to a competent big man improved his game. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar never had a consistent pairing at the PF in the 70's and he didn't struggle. Neither did Moses Malone he NEVER had a decent power forward and yet he too didn't struggle. Your point is useless.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#19 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:32 am

dcash4 wrote:

Nope sorry, not from me. I am not a Kobe apologist at all. I can't believe that you are so sprung on Lamar you are going against every word that has been said about him in his career. You are not talking to a Lamar hater here. I really don't know if i want to see him traded for Artest because he could turn out to be a loose cannon. All in all though facts are facts partner why do you think every team that he has ever been on has been willing to part with him. Is It because he brings it every night? Or maybe it's because all those Championship rings he has? Maybe it's because he refuses to lose & can hit you up for 40 at will? I think not!
VETERAN LAKER FAN
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#20 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 am

dcash4 wrote:
thats not being inconsistent, thats having limitations to his game. people always talk about him having all the skills to do this and that but frankly he doesn't. he's dependent on getting easy shots from others. people that say that lamar has all the skills to be some great scorer haven't been watching. he's not inconsistent, he just doesn't have the offensive game to get a bucket on demand.
Come on cash ball isn't like some switch, his numbers indicate inconsistency. I'm not saying he gotta be an ALL STAR every night but at least run the course.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Return to Los Angeles Lakers