I hate Brad Miller
31%

Total votes: 54

lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Lamar Odom for Brad Miller? 

Post#21 » by lakeshow248 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:21 pm

Well a team like the Knicks could use a ball handler that can hit 3 pt shots at a .378 rate for his career and who at least tries on defense. And his contract is semi reasonable. Where as Vlade can only shoot the three, no ball handling and no defense what so ever and a bigger contract.

Salmons would be that missing piece that the Lakers' are lacking. He is good at getting to the line and makes at around an .80% clip and he is a pest on defense when he wants to be. He has played Kobe pretty tight in the games they matched up.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Chubby Chaser » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:38 pm

I Could see why the Lakers would entertain this offer. Mitch knows as much as we do that Pau is best served as a PF. He's not meant to be banging with the other big centers in the west. His athleticism and finesse fits the PF role in the Triangle. Lamar is too small to play center so when he comes in Pau has to slide over to the Center position. With Brad Miller Pau can go back to playing his natural 4 position. And Brad Miller's skill set fits the needs of a big man in the triangle offense. He has range, can pass, and has good hands to catch and finish around the rim. At this stage in Brad Miller's career a backup center and an occasional starting center if need be playing 24-28 minutes a game is ideal for Miller right now. I know he's a lot of money but it's a good insurance to have since this is the second year that Bynum has been out with an injury. If it happens again next year (God forbid) we'll have a more reliable insurance for a big man in Brad Miller. If Pau goes down Brad can play the 4. If Bynum goes down he can play the 5. It might costa lot of money, but it's kind of worth it to guarantee that if an injury happens like this again we won't be caught with our pants down. Kind of like what the Pats did with Matt Cassell by giving him the franchise tag and paying him 14 mill just to sit and be a back up to Tom Brady. In case Brady gets hurt again, Cassell can come in without missing a beat. Same is the case here. Although you can argue that we aren't "caught with our pants down" because we have Lamar as our insurance and backup. But he is too undersized for our liking. Mitch wants to keep Pau at the 4.

Now with all that said. I've been back and forth with the idea of trading Lamar. I think the Lamar for Brad Miller trade makes perfect sense and would definitely help us fulfill our needs. I think Lamar is the better player, but what we are looking for is an insurance big that is tough, and can come in and play the center position to spell some time for Bynum, or too replace bynum in case of injury. Brad Miller fits this role. But I don't know about trading Lamar. I don't think I've ever been so back and forth on a Laker player in my whole life. At times Lamar comes out and makes bonehead plays and you want to break your tv because you get so frustrated with him. But on a sentimental side. Lamar has been with us through all the drama and all the ups and downs that have befell upon the lakers after we traded Shaq. Whether I'm happy about it or not, I now identify Lamar with the Lakers. And although he can sure as hell frustrate us fans, you know for a fact that he does care and have passion for being a laker. This isn't just another team to him where he can collect a paycheck. He plays with a ton of emotion and it's kind of refreshing to see that now a days when you are often used to the jaded NBA athlete who just wants to get paid. So I can see why we would make this move. But part of me wants to keep Lamar here and win a ring with him and let him retire as a laker. He's kind of like your annoying little step brother that acts out in public and frustrates you to all hell. But when push comes to shove, you realize that he's YOUR step brother and you've grown to identify with him and wouldn't trade him away.
magic1fan
Starter

Post#23 » by magic1fan » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:50 pm

no thanx! odom>miller all day every day.
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#24 » by Gus McCrae » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:15 pm

they can entertain this offer all day, just don't do it.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#25 » by DoctaJ » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:23 pm

Another ridiculous scenario. :noway:

Hell no to Odom for Miller.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,403

Post#26 » by Danny Darko » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:58 pm

Mike Miller and a pick maybe.
nermindee
Banned User

Post#27 » by nermindee » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:58 pm

lol just immagining lamar on a white horse with triumphant music in the background makes me laugh.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#28 » by The Skyhook » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:20 pm

noooooope theres no way Brad Miller would have smacked KG's in the butt and then got in his face about it.
SPuL
Senior

Post#29 » by SPuL » Sat Feb 7, 2009 8:29 am

Only if they give us Salmons & Beno too..

Miller
Beno
Salmons

for

Odom
Walton
Mihm

I would do that..

Miller is a clear downgrade from LO but never having to see Luke or Mihm in our lineup again makes it worth it imo.. Even if Salmons didn't work out for us worst case scenario is more minutes for Ariza.. I like it
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#30 » by DubaLakers » Sat Feb 7, 2009 8:36 am

Well you saw my vote earlier against the trade, but my pops would prefer Bradley, wantedto get pop's vote in there he's had enough of Lamar, and he thinks Bradley is quite a skilled player.
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Post#31 » by AceFresh » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:43 am

SPuL wrote:Only if they give us Salmons & Beno too..

Miller
Beno
Salmons

for

Odom
Walton
Mihm

I would do that..

Miller is a clear downgrade from LO but never having to see Luke or Mihm in our lineup again makes it worth it imo.. Even if Salmons didn't work out for us worst case scenario is more minutes for Ariza.. I like it

SpuL the rapper?
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#32 » by That Nicka » Sat Feb 7, 2009 6:03 pm

lol, one yes vote

Return to Los Angeles Lakers