Bynum Inj. Update: espn - bynum WILL play thursday p.15

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,583

Re: Bynum Injury Update. pain-free/no limp/riding bike pg 4 

Post#81 » by hermes » Fri Mar 6, 2009 1:41 am

i won't be concerned if (most likely) his offense isn't good

but i think it wouldn't be a determent if his offense isn't what we want it to be, what would nice if he focuses on defense and being a presence down low

focus on defense not offense drew, i think we can get by with drew chipping in what he can
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#82 » by That Nicka » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm

any updates? He should be about 3 weeks away if everything is going well
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,873

Post#83 » by dockingsched » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 pm

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/ ... num/13189/

PORTLAND, Ore. — Figure on Andrew Bynum getting maybe six regular-season games, at most.

Given that Phil Jackson doesn’t expect Bynum until sometime in April, it’d be reasonable to envision the Lakers bringing Bynum back for a relatively cushy situation on [April 5] against the Clippers, whom Bynum roasted last time the teams met. That would give Bynum six games before the playoffs. (Jan. 3, the Lakers’ first game back from a seven-game trip, brings Houston and Yao Ming.)

When a reporter asked before the game for an update on Bynum’s attempt to return from his torn knee ligament, Jackson said: “There’s nothing that’s going to go on here until April.”

So the Lakers apparently aren’t expecting Bynum to beat the minimum projected timetable for a return, which had been eight weeks. Bynum was diagnosed on Feb. 2 as expected to miss 8-to-12 weeks, meaning the short end would have Bynum back on March 30.

Jackson had hinted last week that it’d be until April for Bynum’s return, but he firmed it up, saying: “We’re just allowing this part of his body to heal and come back at the appropriate time. … Don’t ask me again until April.”

this doesn't seem like anything concrete, so take it for what its worth. i'm not sure how he gets the april 5th game as a return date, or why 6 games is the most he'll get. lakers play 2 games in april before the 5th in MIL and at home against HOU. i understand skipping that 1st road game, but i don't see why they'd keep him out of the rockets game, especially if drew is only playing limited minutes off the bench.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Re: Bynum Injury Updates: 1 week behind best case scenario? pg 6 

Post#84 » by That Nicka » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 am

I'd be happy with April 5th, all things considered
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#85 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:53 am

vinnycorleone wrote:Bynum will need atleast a playoff series or two to get back to basketball shape.

I just hope he hasn't forget that he is our defensive anchor not our offensive anchor
The thing to consider here is that Bynum's offense get's his all around confidence going. His defense is about a C+ when his offense is not rolling & then his whole game goes to A to A+ status, so as long as we get him back i will be ecstatic! We need him terribly bad right now!
VETERAN LAKER FAN
CX44
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#86 » by CX44 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:31 pm

April 5th is good because it gives him 6 games before the playoffs and only Portland and Utah are teams during that stretch that have the ability to be physcial inside. No need to bring him back against Houston and have his confidence take a hit if he gets torched by Yao. By waiting it also gives him more practice time with the team prior to playing a live game.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#87 » by TylersLakers » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:59 pm

According to a poster on LG, Andrew was at a place in Westchester close to where he lives with a couple people (therapists, etc) relaxed around him. He was running on the treadmill, with a small brace on. I guess that's good news, if true. We'll find out when they get back from the road trip.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,911

Post#88 » by iamworthy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 pm

Great News!!!!

SAN ANTONIO -- Lakers center Andrew Bynum, out since Jan. 31 with a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee, has taken some more steps toward a hopeful return to action.

The Lakers sent out a note today stating that Bynum began running on the treadmill Tuesday and that there were no negative repercussions so far.

The Lakers originally said Bynum would be out eight to 12 weeks when he was first injured, which would have put his return at the earliest March 30.

But Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said this week that he didn't want to talk about Bynum returning until sometime in April.

-- Broderick Turner

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/03/lakers-bynum-ma.html
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#89 » by miggs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:04 pm

iamworthy wrote:Great News!!!!

SAN ANTONIO -- Lakers center Andrew Bynum, out since Jan. 31 with a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee, has taken some more steps toward a hopeful return to action.

The Lakers sent out a note today stating that Bynum began running on the treadmill Tuesday and that there were no negative repercussions so far.

The Lakers originally said Bynum would be out eight to 12 weeks when he was first injured, which would have put his return at the earliest March 30.

But Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said this week that he didn't want to talk about Bynum returning until sometime in April.

-- Broderick Turner

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/03/lakers-bynum-ma.html

nice find iamworthy! 8-)

i can't wait till we get Bynum back, we need this back!

2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#90 » by TonyMontana » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Good ish Worthy.
Im cool with it and I hope he returns healthy.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,438

Post#91 » by Dr Aki » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm

even more good news guys

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/090312_bynum_update.html

Good news on the Andrew Bynum front: The young center began running on a treadmill Tuesday, and there have been no negative repercussions thus far.

The news is at least a tad surprising, since in Portland on Monday Phil Jackson had informed reporters that there would be little to talk about until April.

Last week, we learned that Bynum had begun doing cardio on a stationary bike and a Precor machine, which was progress from Jackson’s comments just after the All-Star break.

Just after the injury, we spoke to Bynum in New York City, and he already was in high spirits. With the ongoing news all suggesting that he remains on schedule, chances are that his mood hasn’t changed.

bynum injury is back on track again? not one week behind?
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Re: Bynum Injury Updates: back on track? pg. 7 

Post#92 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:46 am

You really don't know because Phil is full of mind games. You could conceivably see Drew back on the floor before he speaks about it again. Then give that smug smirk @ the post game interview.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#93 » by TylersLakers » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:52 am

“I’ll definitely be back this season,” Andrew Bynum, the Lakers’ injured center, said on his way out of the Staples Center.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#94 » by Dr Aki » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:10 am

that article also says about to re-begin on court training maybe this week
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by dockingsched » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:15 am

yeah, this was discussed in the game thread after his interview. basically he's looking at getting back on the court this week to start some basketball drills. the only thing holding him back right now is lateral movement to the left (?). i think he said he's looking at a couple of more weeks, which would be his 8 week time table.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#96 » by TylersLakers » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:03 am

Yeah, cutting laterally can be short or it could take a while to subside. In knee injuries, it's usually the thing that gives athletes most pain. Hopefully his subsides quickly and he can get back on the court. The Bench Mob needs him.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#97 » by TommyTheCat » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:09 am

good news................i'm rubbing my good luck charm
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#98 » by Dr Aki » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:00 am

kobesmyhomie
Senior
And1: 5

Post#99 » by kobesmyhomie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 pm

I bet the rest of the western conference is thinking "Dam"!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by dockingsched » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:57 am

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/ ... rip/13677/

Jackson said that it appears as though Bynum remains a month away from being able to play again which means the 21-year old center would miss the remaining regular-season games and not be back until the playoffs.

“He’ll just have to do it,” Jackson said, when asked if Bynum would be able to slip seamlessly back into the lineup, in a pressure-packed playoff round, without the benefit of playing in a few final regular-season games.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers