Around the NHL

Maillard965
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Around the NHL 

Post#501 » by Maillard965 » Tue Mar 6, 2012 2:38 am

ImageCan't wait. Hopefully I get more hockey with the NBA lockout.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#502 » by ajaX82 » Wed Mar 7, 2012 3:18 am

Philly fans and players were none too happy about that Kronwall hit.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#503 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Mar 7, 2012 3:45 am

The Blues are now in the lead for the President's Trophy. Hrm.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Kittredge305
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#504 » by Kittredge305 » Wed Mar 7, 2012 3:47 am

ImageHopefully I get more hockey with the NBA lockout.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#505 » by OldNo7 » Wed Mar 7, 2012 4:23 am

ajaX82 wrote:Philly fans and players were none too happy about that Kronwall hit.

Clean hit on a guy with his head down. I really wish people would stop getting upset over every big hit even when it's legal.
Twitter: @NickObergan
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#506 » by ajaX82 » Wed Mar 7, 2012 5:31 am

OldNo7 wrote:
ajaX82 wrote:Philly fans and players were none too happy about that Kronwall hit.

Clean hit on a guy with his head down. I really wish people would stop getting upset over every big hit even when it's legal.

Yup, Voracek definitely needs to keep his head up and Kronwall didn't throw an elbow or leave his feet. But what did you expect Philly to do? Sadly for them (and us) we don't have anyone capable of throwing down so it was just a bunch of **** talk.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#507 » by Nolan » Wed Mar 7, 2012 5:39 pm

So thoughts on the Grabovski extension?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#508 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Mar 7, 2012 6:06 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Yup, Voracek definitely needs to keep his head up and Kronwall didn't throw an elbow or leave his feet. But what did you expect Philly to do? Sadly for them (and us) we don't have anyone capable of throwing down so it was just a bunch of **** talk.

All those points are accurate and will probably lessen any punishment Kronwall gets, but the first key of any hit like that is the principal point of contact. And in this case, it's the head. That'll be enough for some form of punishment, in my eyes.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#509 » by OldNo7 » Wed Mar 7, 2012 7:19 pm

Nolan wrote:So thoughts on the Grabovski extension?

Overpaid. See front page lol
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#510 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Mar 7, 2012 8:35 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:
ajaX82 wrote:Yup, Voracek definitely needs to keep his head up and Kronwall didn't throw an elbow or leave his feet. But what did you expect Philly to do? Sadly for them (and us) we don't have anyone capable of throwing down so it was just a bunch of **** talk.

All those points are accurate and will probably lessen any punishment Kronwall gets, but the first key of any hit like that is the principal point of contact. And in this case, it's the head. That'll be enough for some form of punishment, in my eyes.

Well Voracek had his head down what was Kronwall supposed to do? It was a clean hit and from one of the best open ice hitters in the game today. I don't see how Kronwall is going to get suspended

Man The Wings really need Howard badly hope he's nice and rested for the playoffs for us
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#511 » by Nolan » Wed Mar 7, 2012 9:11 pm

OldNo7 wrote:
Nolan wrote:So thoughts on the Grabovski extension?

Overpaid. See front page lol

An average of about 4 million per would of been fair, even 4.5 would of been reasonable.

I've never been a big Burke fan, not only is he a jackass but he makes a lot of boneheaded moves like this one.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#512 » by OldNo7 » Thu Mar 8, 2012 12:24 am

OldNo7 wrote:

Love the interviews:

Voracek - Was a good hit, it was my bad, those hits should stay in the game

Jagr - Good clean hit, take hits like that out and it will be basketball
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,530

Post#513 » by The4thHorseman » Fri Mar 9, 2012 10:50 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:

Well Voracek had his head down what was Kronwall supposed to do? It was a clean hit and from one of the best open ice hitters in the game today. I don't see how Kronwall is going to get suspended

Man The Wings really need Howard badly hope he's nice and rested for the playoffs for us

Kronwall acted as if he was going to keep dropping back, when Voracek looked up. Then Kronwell stopped and decided to light him up instead. Kind of baited him into it.

Clean hit? Yes
Necessary? No.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#514 » by trwi7 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Sounds more and more likely that Alexander Radulov will return to the Predators in a week or two.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#515 » by OldNo7 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:53 am

Well the Leafs played themselves out of the playoffs for good this week.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#516 » by ajaX82 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Sid's back
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#517 » by OldNo7 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 am

OldNo7 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
OldNo7 wrote:signs are pointing to a Detroit-Chicago or Detroit-Nashville first round match up.

Uhh what? Nashville has 79 points and is in 5th place. They would have to fall behind Chicago (6 points back with an extra game played), San Jose (8 points back with two less games played) and possibly Dallas (11 points back with the same number of games played) to play Detroit. Unless St. Louis passes Detroit in the standings which possible I guess but 13 of their last 20 games are on the road and they're 12-13-3 on the road.

Yes I mentioned that because I am not counting out Detroit dropping to 4th and being leap frogged by St. Louis, especially with Datsyuk out for a couple of weeks.

Man I'm smart ;)
trwi7
RealGM

Post#518 » by trwi7 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:44 am

Alex Ovechkin's bracket is interesting to say the least.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

trwi7
RealGM

Post#519 » by trwi7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Malkin is impressive. One of the best goals of the season exhibiting strength and stick handling.

Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,490

Post#520 » by Bankai » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Pens are indeed an embarrassment of riches. These guys have so much raw talent its not even funny.

Return to The General NHL Board