Michalek Back to Coyotes

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Michalek Back to Coyotes 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399048

The Pittsburgh Penguins traded defenceman Zbynek Michalek to the Phoenix Coyotes on Friday in exchange for defenceman Harrison Ruopp, goalie Marc Cheverie, and a third-round pick (81st overall) in the 2012 Draft.

The 29-year-old Michalek returns to Phoenix, where he spent five NHL seasons before signing as an unrestricted free agent with Pittsburgh in the summer of 2010. Michalek scored two goals and 11 assists in 62 games for the Penguins last season. He lost 10 games to a broken finger and another 10 to a concussion.

Don't really get it for either team. Yotes are already loaded on the back end and Pens need as much help back there as they can get. I guess maybe the Pens are clearing cap for Sid's extension or maybe they're going to make a run at Suter.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Michalek Back to Coyotes 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:29 pm

I guess the Yotes are really trying to dump Yandle so that explains why they did this.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#3 » by OldNo7 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 am

They really want to swap for a center, and Yandle is their best trading chip (though you could argue they could get a better option for Ekman-Larsson). Shero is clearly going for Suter.
Twitter: @NickObergan
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Nolan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

^
I'd say Ekman-Larsson is basically untouchable so yes Yandle is the best trading chip they have.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#5 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:22 pm

I'd remove "basically" from that sentence.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#6 » by OldNo7 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:38 am

No one is untouchable. If they were offered Nugent-Hopkins or Tavares they wouldnt turn it down ;)
I am not saying those are viable trade scenarios, I am just saying he isn't completely untouchable. But yes, Yandle is the likeliest scenario they improve their team.
Twitter: @NickObergan

Return to The General NHL Board