Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Toronto and Philly pulling off a big one. straight up trade I believe. whoa
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: van Riemsdyk for Luke Schenn 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Crazy. Two very talented underachievers, its hard to say who's the winner of this deal.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#3 » by OldNo7 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:04 am

This has been rumored for a year, its about time.
Twitter: @NickObergan
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#4 » by sh00n » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:46 am

Congrats to Leafs fans; you can finally stop trying to convince everyone else that Luke Schenn is good.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#5 » by Crowned » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:43 pm

sh00n wrote:Congrats to Leafs fans; you can finally stop trying to convince everyone else that Luke Schenn is good.

...?

I don't think anyone thinks Schenn is more than what he is. He certainly has the potential to be a solid shutdown blueliner. As of right now, he hasn't done anything a 1.5-2 million dollar player couldn't.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#6 » by sh00n » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Crowned wrote:
sh00n wrote:Congrats to Leafs fans; you can finally stop trying to convince everyone else that Luke Schenn is good.

...?

I don't think anyone thinks Schenn is more than what he is. He certainly has the potential to be a solid shutdown blueliner. As of right now, he hasn't done anything a 1.5-2 million dollar player couldn't.

Please, according to most Leafs fans he's been the savior ever since he was drafted.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#7 » by Nolan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Crowned wrote:

...?

He had a rough year but I think he's a much better player. He's got the potential to be a top pairing guy and Philly's definitely the best spot for him to develop his game. He'll be playing with his little brother and he'll be able to play his physical style.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Crowned » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:29 pm

sh00n wrote:
Crowned wrote:

...?

Please, according to most Leafs fans he's been the savior ever since he was drafted.

He had a ton of hype when he was drafted, as did many of the players in his draft class. Check out any Leafs message board right now, they'll tell you they're quite happy with this trade.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by OldNo7 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 am

Nolan wrote:
Crowned wrote:

...?

He had a rough year but I think he's a much better player. He's got the potential to be a top pairing guy and Philly's definitely the best spot for him to develop his game. He'll be playing with his little brother and he'll be able to play his physical style.

I'm with you. I heard someone mention Adam Foote as a comparison and I can see that. I think being out of Toronto/Burke will help him just relax and play. He showed great things in his rookie year.
Twitter: @NickObergan
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Crowned » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 am

The problem is, that was 4 years ago. I'm sure he'll improbe in Philly, but he wasn't going to here.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#11 » by sanity » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 am

SHenn is a decent, steady D-man. He's not going to get you points, but he's that Hal Gill/Adam Foote type mold that playoffs teams need to have in order to be successful. The amount of scrutiny Shenn was under in Toronto was stupid as hell. THe team was playing like crap, the coach (Murphy) was in over his head and just bashed each and any of his own players. Shenn was the first guy to be thrown under the bus and it stuck with him until Murphy was canned. He played much better afterwards
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by OldNo7 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 am

Wilson, his name was Ron Wilson...
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#13 » by cb4_89 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:54 pm

OldNo7 wrote:Wilson, his name was Ron Wilson...

Everyone knows Eddie Murphy was the coach of the leafs.

Return to The General NHL Board