Preds blowing up team = Gone from Nashville?

straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Preds blowing up team = Gone from Nashville? 

Post#1 » by straightguji » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:39 pm

On the wiretap it says they're going to let Kariya walk, they also just recently traded away Timonen and Hartnell, also it is rumoured that they will not re-sign anybody this off-season and they're going to let everybody walk. Including Forsberg.

Does this pretty much solidify the fact that the Predators will not be returning to Nashville?
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by timd1218 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:52 pm

I think it does. I think Balsille has something to do with this so the attendance will drop below 14,000 and he can get the team to move. This sucks for the fans that were there in Nashville. I bet some will even stop paying attention to hockey. Looks like Canada may get another team.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#3 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:52 pm

poor USA :cry: they will only have 23 hockey teams now. While in Canada where everyone plays and watches hockey there is 7 while you can get a higher attendace in Lethbridge than in Florida. Canada deserves another hockey team. The Jets were moved and so were the Nordiques and they were extremely popular
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by timd1218 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:54 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:poor USA :cry: they will only have 23 hockey teams now. While in Canada where everyone plays and watches hockey there is 7 while you can get a higher attendace in Lethbridge than in Florida. Canada deserves another hockey team. The Jets were moved and so were the Nordiques and they were extremely popular

Florida should be moved to either Winnipeg or Quebec and they should be forced to wear the early 90's jerseys. I loved them both.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
peteXmaravich
Veteran

Post#5 » by peteXmaravich » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:50 pm

please move quickly.

i agree with the Florida statement too (go to Seattle. border battles with Vancouver.). and get Phoenix out of there too (back to Winnipeg). TB to Quebec. theyd eat up the french canadian stars in a heart beat.

either way. get teams out of dumb markets that doesnt appreciate hockey.

nashville also has the worst chants ever you only hear there..... and milwaukee. chants i NEVER heard as a kid growing up and somehow appeared in this atrocious anti-hockey locations.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:18 pm

peteXmaravich wrote:please move quickly.

i agree with the Florida statement too (go to Seattle. border battles with Vancouver.). and get Phoenix out of there too (back to Winnipeg). TB to Quebec. theyd eat up the french canadian stars in a heart beat.

either way. get teams out of dumb markets that doesnt appreciate hockey.

nashville also has the worst chants ever you only hear there..... and milwaukee. chants i NEVER heard as a kid growing up and somehow appeared in this atrocious anti-hockey locations.

Noone cared about the Ducks either until the confrence finals.... they had lots of seast when they played the flames.

But isnt Nashvilles Arena called the Gaylord Entertainment Centre? LMFAO
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by timd1218 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:20 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Noone cared about the Ducks either until the confrence finals.... they had lots of seast when they played the flames.

But isnt Nashvilles Arena called the Gaylord Entertainment Centre? LMFAO

The Ducks sold out for 26 straight games before the playoffs.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#8 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:46 am

Phoenix isn't gonna move for awhile since they moved into that arena.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#9 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:58 am

timd1218 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Ducks sold out for 26 straight games before the playoffs.

When I watched the Flames play them the arena was literaly empty.
Islanders82
Sophomore

Post#10 » by Islanders82 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:24 am

They are gonna cap out at well below 40 mill and that is the plan. Maybe now the owner won't lose 10 mill this season.

No point on hitting the cap to lose money on a questionable year.

Return to The General NHL Board