Trading Lecavalier or Stamkos

l2RDO
Junior
And1: 0

Trading Lecavalier or Stamkos 

Post#1 » by l2RDO » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:54 pm

I currently have V. Lecavalier, S. Stamkos, and J. Thornton as my 3 centers. Im looking to trade either Lecavalier or Stamkos. I believe that Lecavalier has more value, but Stamkos is on the better line, and will have production that is very similar to Vinny's. Which players do you think I should target with Vinny? Im not really worried about which position they play, as Im more interested in getting value for him as opposed to need. Im also not opposed to trading 2 for 1 as my team has good depth at the forward position. Some of the players I wouldnt mind acquiring are the Sedins, Kovalchuk, Semin, Kane, Iginla, Backstrom (C). Ive also considered offering Stamkos for Tavares.

My Team
C: Lecavalier, Stamkos, Thornton
RW: Havlat, Hemsky, Doan
LW: Nash, Gagne, Kozlov
D: Ehrhoff, Wisniewski, Jovanovski, Visnovsky
G: Bryzgalov, Osgood, Ellis, DiPietro (IR)

Scoring
G 3, A 2, PPG 1.5, PPA 1, SoG .4, Blk .5, D Points 1, +/- 1, W 5, SO 6, SV .2, GA -.8, PIM -.3

Its a 14 team league, with 3 keeper selections last year (1 goalie only), we might increase keepers this year. If I get 3 only, my keepers will be Nash, Thornton, Lecavalier/Stamkos/Bryzgalov.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Trading Lecavalier or Stamkos 

Post#2 » by timd1218 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:30 pm

You need help on defense. I wouldn't trade for a winger. You have strong wingers for the size of the league. I'd first look who is available for defensemen before you go trading Lecavalier because you might still be able to pick up a good one without trading him away. See if Alex Goligoski is available. He is a young defensemen for the Pens. He had 20 pts in 45 games last season as a rookie and has gotten better this year. So far, he has 4 pts in 5 games and is seeing top PP time. He will continue to see top PP time because he is looked upon as the replacement for Gonchar.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?

Return to Fantasy Hockey