Is this a fair trade?

WhiteLarryBird
Ballboy
And1: 0

Is this a fair trade? 

Post#1 » by WhiteLarryBird » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:58 pm

This is my first year doing fantasy hockey, and I'd like some advice on this trade. It looks like a steal to me, but as I said, I'm just a rookie, and am not completely sure about the strategy of fantasy hockey.

Sidney Crosby
Kyle Wellwood
Jonas Hiller

for

Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Paul Kariya

My Line-up right now is
Crosby
Cole
Hejduk
Michalek
Doan
Carle
McCabe
Bergeron
Auld
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#2 » by McFurious1 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:09 am

Do not trade Crosby or at least right now... you can get a much better offer than that. Hold on to him right now he will come out of this streak.
Sizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#3 » by Sizzle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:57 pm

Crosby is so good but I might make that trade. Depends on what it will do to your lineup, who you will sit etc.....

Sedin's are improving though, Kariya looks revitalized.

Toughy.

On second though, dont trade Crosby.
" Once the mind has been streched by a new idea, It will never again return to it's original size."
Sizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#4 » by Sizzle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Kariya is a bump away from a career ending concussion problems and only one of the Sedin's is really good. Dont ask me how that happens.
" Once the mind has been streched by a new idea, It will never again return to it's original size."
WhiteLarryBird
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by WhiteLarryBird » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:33 pm

Alright, thanks, I guess I won't make the trade. On second thought, I don't think I need more depth at the forward position, and I should just try to pick up a solid goaltender and possibly a back-up defender.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,819

Post#6 » by RoyceDa59 » Tue Nov 6, 2007 4:03 am

It is very hard to trade Crosby because he gives you so much production from just one player. That being said, Wellwood and Hiller are drop worthy while the Sedin's and Kariya are all good for 90 points this season. The Sedin's put up 85 a piece last year and have improved every season so far, I see no reason why they wont push for 90. Kariya is the franchise go-to-scorer on a very good, young St Louis team. He is on the top line and top PP and gets 25 minutes a game... he put up 85 points and 80 points respectively in the past 2 seasons, playing 82 games a piece those years. All 3 of these players are 90 point getters this season. Crosby should get 120, so it all depends on what players are available on waivers. If you can replace Wellwood and Hiller with guys like Mike Richards, Chris Higgins, Mike Ribeiro, Cory Stillman etc... then DO NOT do this trade. But if its a deep league and the waivers are already dry with guys like Jeremy Roenik headin the waiver wire points list, then I for one think this is a good trade. Not only are you getting 3 franchise type players but Kariya and Daniel are both left wingers which is a coveted position in fantasy hockey.

If its a deep league, do it. If not, stick with Crosby and replace Wellwood and Hiller with some real players.
Go Raps!!

Return to Fantasy Hockey