Rate this trade

Sizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Rate this trade 

Post#1 » by Sizzle » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:15 am

Just made this trade, what do you guys think.

Traded Dustin Brown and Matt Carle for Milan Mihalek and Zhitnik.

My D is pretty deep for a 16 team league (Lidstrom, Zubov, Meszaros, Zidlicky, Staal) so essentially the deal was 2 for 1 because I thought Mihalek was the best player in the deal and Zhitnik will likely be on the bench.

I realize Mihalek is Day to Day and has a few injury probs, but I decided to risk it. He has potential to put up some serious points.

I see Brown and Carle as good young players with potential but not ready yet. Am i crazy?
" Once the mind has been streched by a new idea, It will never again return to it's original size."
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,816

Post#2 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Dec 2, 2007 5:17 pm

I like the trade. I also think Michalek is the best player in the trade and although he a poor season so far, I expect him to tear it up down the stretch, especially on the powerplay. Not only that but he is also RW/LW eligible so he provides a bit of versatility in your rotation. As for Zhitnik, well he has fallen out with the new coach and Enstrom has taken his place as the powerplay quarterback. None the less he is worth hanging onto for the sheer potential that he may bring if some1 goes down or if he finds his groove. Carle is a solid defensemen and Brown is an alright forward but I think you made a nice long term investment in grabbing Milan.

Good trade.
Go Raps!!

Return to Fantasy Hockey